Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

LittleBuford

"We" are illustrating what is wrong with this path.
We are not the one's on a cleansing agenda.
Things will never be clean enough for the woke mob.
Up next: A cleanse of Tibetan items form the Expedition Everest queue.
Just wait, because it's coming.
Then tell me how authentic these places look, as one by one they become generic and pacified.
I’m what many here would consider “woke”. Am I pleased that certain things in the parks have been changed? Yes. Do I hope for further changes in the future? Yes. Am I demanding a total overhaul of all the attractions in order to further some nefarious “cancel culture” agenda? Absolutely not. There’s a whole lot of grey between the kinds of extremes that posts like yours posit.

It is telling—and should give people pause for thought—that the vast majority of angry, derisive posts in threads such as this come from what I would dub the anti-woke mob, whose members immediately decry any change that they view as politically correct.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Meanwhile at DCA

20210519A_RH_072-400x600.jpg
It's OK because those spears are made of vibranium.

EPICOT

All I know is that we have slipped down every slippery slope in the past few decades we were *promised* by the “woke” (or whatever you want to call it) that we wouldn’t go down.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Thing is, it (like other things) loses it's mystery bit by bit.
Paddles/oars?
What does that have to do with a jungle cruise on a gas powered boat?
It's not modeled on a canoe trip, where oars would certainly be appropriate.
Is the Adventureland sign next?
Probably.

If the gas powered part dies, guess what you use? :p Perhaps it's a very subtle indication that this ride might not go as planned

doctornick

There was never much authentic about the Jungle Cruise. There's a gigantic difference between that and the theming of the Expedition Everest queue.

Well at the time of its origin, it was certainly meant to be authentic, an attempt to offer the experience of traveling down an exotic tropical river.

But to your point, that has significantly changed over time and it’s now more farcical than realistic. So having theming that is more “gag like” than authentic really isn’t a big deal.

That said, I’d agree with others that the main “problem” with the paddles is that it doesn’t really fit with an expedition on a powered boat. I’m not exactly bothered by it but I do think its inconsistent.

UNCgolf

Well at the time of its origin, it was certainly meant to be authentic, an attempt to offer the experience of traveling down an exotic tropical river.

But to your point, that has significantly changed over time and it’s now more farcical than realistic. So having theming that is more “gag like” than authentic really isn’t a big deal.

That said, I’d agree with others that the main “problem” with the paddles is that it doesn’t really fit with an expedition on a powered boat. I’m not exactly bothered by it but I do think its inconsistent.

True, when it was first built at Disneyland. That only lasted a few years, though. The one in WDW never offered that experience.

Animaniac93-98

The only thing it relates to is the new boat rental scene in the ride, but that's a minor scene to base your logo around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom