Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

HairyChest

I really hope the re-imagining reduces skippers yelling over the mic. I often wish they’d just play their amazing queue music in a low volume on the boat while we enjoy the atmosphere and scenery. Also, can we not have them turn boat lights on during the nighttime rides and Just have ambient lighting on the scenery?

SSE_King

I kind of love the changes announced so far. If nothing else, it's really refreshing to see Disney finally using non-IP characters and elements in an attraction. It's definitely a step in the right direction - now let's just hope they decide to build entirely new non-IP attractions in the future.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I kind of love the changes announced so far. If nothing else, it's really refreshing to see Disney finally using non-IP characters and elements in an attraction. It's definitely a step in the right direction - now let's just hope they decide to build entirely new non-IP attractions in the future.
Same. I don't mind Jungle Cruise updating and the fact its a non-IP redo says wi-win for me

UNCgolf

I don't really see much for anyone to complain about with this update, beyond the idea of Adventureland being its own actual place (which I think is silly and could create other theme issues down the road). The ride changes themselves seem fine and possibly an upgrade to the existing attraction.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I really hope the re-imagining reduces skippers yelling over the mic. I often wish they’d just play their amazing queue music in a low volume on the boat while we enjoy the atmosphere and scenery. Also, can we not have them turn boat lights on during the nighttime rides and Just have ambient lighting on the scenery?

The schtick kinda is the ride....

Can’t argue with this.
We don't know what that is...

It’s In a place not in Florida

flynnibus

Premium Member
All this backstory, etc is way over done and not needed.

It's like the old adage... if you have to explain the Joke, it didn't work.

Same thing with the theming/plot... If the elements don't resonate on their own - they are a miss.

Adding all that non-sense to BTMRR wasn't needed for decades because the elements worked on their own. If you need this kind of prep for your audience... you're going to miss alot of people.

FigmentJedi

I like another SEA character, but don't like "Adventureland" being a canonized place.

When you visit an attraction in Adventureland you are taken to that ride's setting, in the same way seeing a show performed in a theater does not mean that it's story takes place in that literal theater. Adventureland's attractions take place in the Caribbean, the Nile, South Pacific, Agrabah etc. not "Adventureland".

"Adventureland" is just a contextual noun used to communicate the area's difference in tone and setting from other MK lands.
Tell that to Clyde and Claude.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This thread is in the WDW forum so trying to argue that Pirates isn’t in Adventureland is incorrect.

I realize that now. I thought it was in the Disneyland forum.
And yet...no harm, no foul. No need for thread policing

Same thing with the theming/plot... If the elements don't resonate on their own - they are a miss.

Adding all that non-sense to BTMRR wasn't needed for decades because the elements worked on their own. If you need this kind of prep for your audience... you're going to miss alot of people.
Are you talking about the Disneyland big thunder?

If so...that’s 100 better the wdw

_caleb

I agree with this. The backstory isn't needed, and it won't make an attraction good. But I don't think it hurts at all.

The S.E.A. stuff just adds a deeper layer of story to the attractions. They aren't required for guest enjoyment of each ride, but I could see geeks (like me) really getting into the lore and how it all might be connected. It's like Disney engaging in its own fan fiction, in that sense.

Also, it's a tie-in for the S.E.A. series coming to D+.

Stupido

I love how Disney really learns from their successes, and applied it across the board. Building up the S.E.A. Stuff really builds interest for projects popping up across the verticals. This sounds like Win-Win-Win to me, and I can't wait to see the updated cruise! So much better than throwing in a Rock animatronic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom