Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Alberta has been featured in Skipper Canteen since it opened.

celluloid

The new update plan is so odd. I am glad someone in show writing had some work. It just seems like when someone explains the joke. A joke prequel. The Albert Falls joke is a direct joke on the fact that you think it is going to be named after Albert Schweitzer after the explanation.

TrainsOfDisney

Same thing with the theming/plot... If the elements don't resonate on their own - they are a miss.
Yup. If you have to explain why Galaxies Edge is so great and immersive.....

Not to me.
I just wonder how many people really enjoy the schtick vs how many would it rather be toned down or gone away completely.

In my perfect world, each jungle cruise skipper would be equity. Imagine Equity Ben or Lisa being skippers? I’d be lining up for jungle cruise non-stop!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The new update plan is so odd. I am glad someone in show writing had some work. It just seems like when someone explains the joke. A joke prequel. The Albert Falls joke is a direct joke on the fact that you think it is going to be named after Albert Schweitzer after the explanation.

Unless you blurt out "Albert Falls," in which case the Skipper looks at you funny, says, "No, Albert Schweitzer!" and asks if you feel OK.

Don't ask me how I know this...

MrPromey

...not in the majority on that one... I would guess

It's kind of like saying you like the "Transformers" movies for the deep storylines and character studies or conversely, maybe you like "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" for the VFX.. I mean, I guess someone out there in a world of over three billion people probably feels that way 🤷‍♂️

Sure, you could take out the skippers, totally redo all the scenes with better animatronics, effects, and set pieces but then... you'd have a totally different ride.

Glad that at least from the trailers, the movie looks to be embracing the ride rather than trying to pull a Haunted Mansion.*

*queue the one person on the forum who thought that movie was amazeballs...

Goofy213

I'm kind of getting a Killamonjaro Safaris vibe going here. Like when Wilson comes over the radio about a missing elephant. I like the way this is going, they are not losing the personal touch of individual skippers, just simply adding to the story lines. We can only hope that they don't mention Alberta until after the falls, if they do then I want more info on the great explorer Dr. Switzer. Finally, personally I feel, that the loss of Sam would equal the loss of pirates red head.

WDW Pro

Oh lord, a female has been added. Cue the outrage! :D
But really, I think it's a fun addition to the backstory.

There's no outrage. Thus far it looks fine, and most people are good at value assessment. When there's outrage over something else in the future, remember that there's probably a good reason behind it... unless it's coming from some ideological campaign on Twitter.

GimpYancIent

This is a great modernization of the ride and a chance to tie-in to the upcoming film release. It's a desperately needed upgrade.
The film release dates have steadily moved from October 11 2019 to July 24 2020 now July 30 2021 I do not see any tie in between ride modernization, refurbishment / update etc. and movie release. The release of the movie may stimulate more interest in the ride though.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom