Jungle Cruise Movie Confirmed, Will Refurb Coming Soon?

Hummer1676

For one thing you know John Lassiter is going to have his hands on this. His team does a good job telling stories and he was once a skipper. This could be a good thing as long as he is involved in it. If they are wise that is......

Omnimover

Well, a corny comedy would be the most ride-accurate depiction. The charm of the attraction is all about personality shining through a thick layer of cheese.
I can only hope they get into some serious shenanigans. I would love to see a reappearance of the 1980's exasperated Tom Hanks character from The Money Pit, Turner and Hooch, Splash, etc. "Serious Actor" Tom Hanks isn't nearly as much fun as "There's no crying in baseball!" Tom Hanks.

Master Gracey

I've always believed that if they are going to make a Jungle Cruise movie, they should use real Jungle Cruise Skippers! For example, my good friend "Right Guard" Ian has wanted to bein the movie since he went into the Jungle years ago. He sent me his movie poster ideas he worked on a while back, just after he heard this announcement. They certainly kept me rolling on the floor for a while!

JungleCruise-RaidersoftheLostDockBoxA.jpg
JungleCruise-TheTempleofShir-LeeA.jpg

JungleCruise-TheLastRotationA.jpg
JungleCruise-KingdomoftheCandyStripersA.jpg

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

octoberbarry

No, no, a movie about the DDP is where its at! The anticipation, suspense, and horror; I can just taste box office hit! :p

Maybe they could combine DDP and DVC into one film...I'm thinking something along the lines of 'It's a Wonderful Life'...you know, a run on the bank as everyone tries to pay for it at once, the banker kills himself, then tours, with the help of a fairy, all those empty villas and restaurants...It would be better just to let everyone have their money don't you think?...

UrbanDonovan

I was excited about this movie until I heard who the two lead actors were. Not that there is anything wrong with them, but I was hoping for a slightly more serious, action adventure type film. I know I am insinuating a lot with just brief word of who's in it, but I am sceptical.

Obviously, you've never seen Road to Perdition. Tom Hanks can be very good at playing the bad-______. Too bad they're going to pair him up with Allen, though. I can stomach just his voice as Buzz, but as for actually having to watch him in action for 90 minutes........yuck.

This is bound to be goofy and corny - it has to be to be a true adaptation of the ride.

I'm kind of excited about this. We love the Jungle Cruise - it deserves any love it will hopefully get because of the movie!

emaginear

Maybe it will inspire a new Disney dining experience using the Adventurers Clubs vibe and style, but based on the Jungle Cruise comedy aspect of the movie.

DRC68

And here we go again...
EVERY movie gets an attraction (SGE), and EVERY ride gets a movie.
Why can't the suits just let em be? What next "Blizzard Beach: The Movie"?!?

rodserling27

I foresee a great screwing up in the attempt of a "refurb" or "cool update" to an attraction that is PERFECT as-is. (Sorta like what happened to "Pirates.") Wonderful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom