Jungle Cruise boat sinks!

DisneyDebRob

The rails in the photo look really narrow. Once it loses buoyancy, if people crowded on one side could the boat roll over or slide off the rails and literally sink?
View attachment 452385
I believe there are tires that go to the bottom of the rails, making it almost impossible for it to tip, unless of course the steel pole or rod were to bend or break. Pretty sure that’s not going to happen. Old friend who used to skipper on the JC told me that about 20 years ago.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
The rails in the photo look really narrow. Once it loses buoyancy, if people crowded on one side could the boat roll over or slide off the rails and literally sink?
View attachment 452385
I am pretty sure the answer is no. I believe each ship has at least two guide rails that fit in the concrete channel. if the boat sinks, the guides would go even further down and make it next to impossible (barring them breaking) for the boat to tip to the side.

Now, yes, you can jump the rails out but you have to thrust the engine and do some fancy maneuvers for it to happen. (or so I have read here before).

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I think a more correct description would be "Jungle Cruise Boat takes on water" as I don't believe sinking is actually possible. The boat would eventually come to rest on the concrete track it travels on.

WDW274.jpg

Nah, that excuse doesnt fly with the people who want to be scared to death.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom