Jungle Cruise at night

WildcatDen

Original Poster
Thanks for all of the responses. We are going 11/17 thru 11/23 and will have more 'opportunities' to ride in the evening. The park hours for that week are open until 12:00 so it will be interesting to see how late it is open.

As for the rides at night drift, up here at King's Island, the Beast is a terrific ride during the day and the best I have ever ridden at night. Especially in the Fall when you tend to get some mist in the air in the evening.

Alztybrn

As for the rides at night drift, up here at King's Island, the Beast is a terrific ride during the day and the best I have ever ridden at night. Especially in the Fall when you tend to get some mist in the air in the evening.

One of the best roller coasters ever created!

Buried20KLeague

We actually prefer to ride it at night. With the lower light levels, everything just looks and feels a little more "real". And what others said is true... The skippers tend to relax and have a bit more fun. In fact, in June we were at DL, and the skipper asked me daughter if she wanted to "drive" the boat for the whole ride! That was easily the highlight of my daughter's trip. And she's 9, and thouroughly believed she was steering.

suedenim

We rode it at night, and it was a lot of fun - a very "adventurous" feel in the dark. For me, I was particularly amused by the end of the ride. Our skipper had done a great job, and wound up the ride with some good finishing laughs just as we were approaching the dock... but there was some sort of slowdown on the loading and unloading of the earlier boats, so we were stuck for a while, and the skipper had to scramble to come up with some "emergency" jokes to fill the delay. Pretty successfully, too, at least with the kids, though with jokes increasingly unrelated to jungles or WDW (like how you can tell if Dracula is sick because he's "coffin"....)

I'm intrigued by the "management" side of this attraction, as they really seem to encourage spontaneity and different approaches as opposed to a set script.

mitchk

I have always said the Jungle Cruise is better at night, as others have said it gives it more of a realistic feel. Defiantly try night, and day, but I'd say nighttime is the better ride :wave:

DisneySam

I agree, I prefer the Jungle Cruise at night also. On my last few trips out to WDW, I make a special effort to go back and ride the JC at night. I dunno it just seems more mysterious/adventurous especiallly if you have been on it 100 times.

CajunEpcotLover

One of the best rides I ever had on the Jungle Cruise was at night. I should note that it was at Disneyland, but the attractions aren't that different. As others have mentioned, the guides tend to be a little looser at night, and this one was no exception. One gag he used had me laughing the rest of the evening whenever I thought about it. Instead of the traditional "backside of water" bit with Schweitzer Falls, he grabbed his spotlight, and announced, "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, this is Fantasmic!" Then he proceeded to bounce the light around on the back of the falls while doing the theme to Fantasmic! I doubt this would work as well at The Magic Kingdom, as Fantasmic! is in a completely different Park, but since the show is just a couple hundred feet away from Jungle Cruise in Disneyland, it was very appropriate. It's probably also one of those things you had to be there for. It doesn't sound funny in writing, but his performance made it great.

The one and only time I rode JC at night was at DLR and I thought that joke was funny! I agree with the limited visibility it gives the entire ride a different feeling! My sister and I were on the floor in the middle of the boat at points (the piranhas really scared us) which the skipper didn't let pass he or the other passengers by! Probably the most fun time ever riding JC!

Having been a skipper, I must say i LOVE the attraction at night. Some of my life's greatest memories are nighttime cruises. The skippers seem to have so much more fun (and it's often the time I would try out new jokes). There's something about a nighttime cruise that makes you feel like the cool kids in the back of the bus. I don't know what that means, but it made sense to me.

Skipper Jeff

Wbnemo1

been many years since i've seen the cruise at night...at least from my unique perspective... I think I start to melt at dark...just ask any of the night-time skips ..they would be in total shock if I worked a night lol...I did used to get a little nuts at night...all in fun times of course...
Whining Wilderness William....aka BABS
Ps howdy Jeff

i don't think babs after twilight would be healthy for any cruise. when you get that type of..... unique(?) experience in the daytime, who needs to turn the lights out?

Sassagoula-Rvr

I didn't get to ride EE during the night (adds to still very long list of things left to do at WDW) And also I did ride the Jungle Cruise at night and it was very fun. The best part was when a very large beetle like bug flew in and landed on my leg. It caught me completly off guard and I kind of jumped up and brushed it off and then sat back down. Then the person next to me started yelling about it. The whole time the skipper started making jokes about it. The whole boat was laughing including me, one of my all time favorite jokes is something like "We now present you the Magic Kingdom's newest attraction, The Backside of Water Presented by Dasani" I loved the Dasani part.

Some people don't get the humor though my cousin rode with me and just sat there and was like this is stupid.

LilWalt

I have rode it both day and night. Night seems to be more fun to me. The last time I rode it at night though a person fell getting out the boat and looked hurt pretty bad.

NORMNB8S

I hate to bring up a three year old thread, but I used the search function instead of starting a new thread. Is there any rhyme or reason to how late the Jungle Cruise stays open? I'm planning a trip in October and riding JC at night is a goal of mine. Is it best to get in line around dusk so that it's dark by the time I get on the boat? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Tom Morrow

I hate to bring up a three year old thread, but I used the search function instead of starting a new thread. Is there any rhyme or reason to how late the Jungle Cruise stays open? I'm planning a trip in October and riding JC at night is a goal of mine. Is it best to get in line around dusk so that it's dark by the time I get on the boat? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Its always open until park close, weather permitting.

David S.

Yep, and it's often a walk-on during the first night parade, and usually anytime between that first parade and park close, in my experience!

SeaCastle

For our past four times on the Jungle Cruise, we've been on at night. There's less to see, but it's a totally different experience, especially during the Cambodian Temple part. Since there's less of a wait, you usually receive more personal attention, making the trip more enjoyable.

Maryssa*

One of the best rides I ever had on the Jungle Cruise was at night. I should note that it was at Disneyland, but the attractions aren't that different. As others have mentioned, the guides tend to be a little looser at night, and this one was no exception. One gag he used had me laughing the rest of the evening whenever I thought about it. Instead of the traditional "backside of water" bit with Schweitzer Falls, he grabbed his spotlight, and announced, "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, this is Fantasmic!" Then he proceeded to bounce the light around on the back of the falls while doing the theme to Fantasmic! I doubt this would work as well at The Magic Kingdom, as Fantasmic! is in a completely different Park, but since the show is just a couple hundred feet away from Jungle Cruise in Disneyland, it was very appropriate. It's probably also one of those things you had to be there for. It doesn't sound funny in writing, but his performance made it great.

I've had my skipper at D-land do the Fantasmic thing before! I died laughing! :ROFLOL:

I prefer Jungle Cruise at night overall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom