Jungle Cruise at night

WildcatDen

Original Poster
Is the Jungle Cruise a "Day time only" kind of experience or is it good at night? Oue best opportunity may be in the evening and I would hate to miss the best parts if they are only visible during the day.

Thanks!!

14 days and counting. . .

RiversideBunny

We went on the Jungle Cruise at night one time. Couldn't see much.
In fact, the cruise skipper was joking about it.

He said, "Do you know why you can't see much on this ride at night?
Because it's at night." (You had to be there to appreciate the humor.)

Go for it. See what you think.
:king:

TTATraveler

I kind of like the Jungle Cruise at night, different feeling. I have also had a couple of good skippers at night who deviated from the script and made the ride more unique.

the-reason14

I cant really remember the first time I rode JC, it was sometime in 2001, but I cant remember, I know that we had stopped riding it until like last year. The first time I rode it last year it was at night, it was a very long line too, I didnt think it was going to be that long because of how close we were to the boat in the line. But yea, I remember riding it with my mom at night, and I was sitting right next to the skipper lady, and she was talking to me alittle and I was to busy trying to see what was coming next, because I was scared something was gonna pop out.

You cant really see much as well as you could in the day, obviously, but you can see the sights (they have lights that shine on the AA and stuff) its a different ride at night. If you're able, try and do it day and night.

coasterphil

You get some crazier spiels at night, but your views of things aren't going to be great. If you ask me the skippers are what make the ride not the sights, so going at night doesn't bother me one bit.

Tom Morrow

In my opinion, the experience is better at night. Having limited visability gives it a more "adventurous" feel, and the skippers, like others mentioned, are more likely to deviate from the script and do their own things, which are usually more entertaining.

PhotoDave219

Is the Jungle Cruise a "Day time only" kind of experience or is it good at night? Oue best opportunity may be in the evening and I would hate to miss the best parts if they are only visible during the day.

Thanks!!

14 days and counting. . .

The skippers are usually a bit more fun and entertaining at night. That ride all comes down to the skipper. (I knew this guy from Chicago who gave an excellent one... and this girl from Oregon who sure made me laugh)

PaisleyMF

I have to say the Skipper is the show. I had some great skippers at Day and the best at Night, just Like a Robin Williams show without the dirtiness. Now i did have one very but very bad one at night. It was so monotonous that watching paint dry was more fun.

CThaddeus

One of the best rides I ever had on the Jungle Cruise was at night. I should note that it was at Disneyland, but the attractions aren't that different. As others have mentioned, the guides tend to be a little looser at night, and this one was no exception. One gag he used had me laughing the rest of the evening whenever I thought about it. Instead of the traditional "backside of water" bit with Schweitzer Falls, he grabbed his spotlight, and announced, "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, this is Fantasmic!" Then he proceeded to bounce the light around on the back of the falls while doing the theme to Fantasmic! I doubt this would work as well at The Magic Kingdom, as Fantasmic! is in a completely different Park, but since the show is just a couple hundred feet away from Jungle Cruise in Disneyland, it was very appropriate. It's probably also one of those things you had to be there for. It doesn't sound funny in writing, but his performance made it great.

Blackie Pueblo

I don't know if I like it better because it feels like a different ride. I think if you can, ride it both times. Several rides are different in the daytime and at night. But you are all correct when you say it is hard to see stuff at night.

"...it was all started by a mouse."
---Walter Elias Disney

mary219

if you have never gone during the day then you should do it first so you see everything.the night is fun and has a different feeling than during the day but you won't know as much if its your first time.its a pretty basic ride and is dated,but with a good skipper and a friendly boat of people it can be the best.

Scooter

My wife and I were told that Jungle Cruise is much better at night so we did this on our last trip and we didn't enjoy it at all. We could'nt see much and were really dissapointed.

So our advise to people now is to never ride this attraction at night.

bgraham34

I actually prefer the JC at night to be honest. I have not take that ride during the day in many years. The darkness gives a more thrilling feeling at night even though that is not what your ride the attraction for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom