Trip Club June 2013

Tink0102

I have been reading on some threads about people who are buying new clothes for their upcoming trips. I haven't been doing that.....I have been buying stuff like travel size lysol to spray down stuff in our room, anti bacterial hand sanitizer to take into the parks, moleskin sheets in case of blisters and I have started DS and me on vitamin C (DH wont take it). Not sure what this says about me, lol!

StarWarsGirl

I have been reading on some threads about people who are buying new clothes for their upcoming trips. I haven't been doing that.....I have been buying stuff like travel size lysol to spray down stuff in our room, anti bacterial hand sanitizer to take into the parks, moleskin sheets in case of blisters and I have started DS and me on vitamin C (DH wont take it). Not sure what this says about me, lol!
The blister thing is necessary, though band aids will suffice usually. Believe me, that room is thoroughly clean! I have asthma, and if it weren't clean, I'd be able to tell. ;) There was one time I slept on the floor because my parents said, "Oh, let your brother have the bed for once!" After I woke up red faced and wheezing because of the cleaner, that ended. So yes, it's clean. :) You should be able to smell cleaner as soon as you walk in. Vitamin C isn't a bad thing, but if you're overloading on it, you're not getting any additional benefits. But it's important to remain healthy on vacation. They do have hand sanitizer at the parks, most of them in automatic dispensers, though a bottle of travel-sized hand sanitizer never hurt anyone.

I don't buy clothes either, lol. I wait until I'm down there then get a bunch of new t shirts.

Figgy1

Our schedule-
Sun. June 9 arrival at Saratoga Springs quick service meal and pool time!:)
June 10- EPCOT to ride test track many times! Turf Club % Grille back @ resort for dinner
June 11-MK The Plaza Restaurant for dinner and WISHES!
June 12- MK Fulton's for dinner and exploring DTD!
June 13- EPCOT ( last day before leaving) Via Napoli dinner and ILLUMINATIONS!
June 14 departure:(
Note: We didn't want to do AK and DHS this time. We missed our favorite TT last time, and we want to explore the New FL.:D
OMG we have the same scheduled parks for the 10th 11th and 12th YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tink0102

The blister thing is necessary, though band aids will suffice usually. Believe me, that room is thoroughly clean! I have asthma, and if it weren't clean, I'd be able to tell. ;) There was one time I slept on the floor because my parents said, "Oh, let your brother have the bed for once!" After I woke up red faced and wheezing because of the cleaner, that ended. So yes, it's clean. :) You should be able to smell cleaner as soon as you walk in. Vitamin C isn't a bad thing, but if you're overloading on it, you're not getting any additional benefits. But it's important to remain healthy on vacation. They do have hand sanitizer at the parks, most of them in automatic dispensers, though a bottle of travel-sized hand sanitizer never hurt anyone.

I don't buy clothes either, lol. I wait until I'm down there then get a bunch of new t shirts.

And I am not even a germ-a-phobe, but hearing about people who got sick in the world over spring break freaked me out a little. Oh yes, I also have band-aides and neo to go on the ready :)

Pooh'sBuddy

I've seen alot of pics of very crafty clothes recently made by many others since I'm in a FB/June Disney group. I bought Disney/Star Wars iron ons and the t-shirts specifically for this trip, but I think that's about it. I don't consider buying more underwear, socks, travel-related stuff unnecessary. We bought sandals and flip flops, but those will be used anyway, too.

Still debating, but thanks for all your experiences with the dessert party. Our very first time in the MK with our oldest daughter was during MVMCP, and we were able to watch Wishes that night from Tomorrowland Terrace while having hot chocolate and cookies. I remember it being a great place to watch, and would love to do that again...

Now for the next decision - our MK days are Wed 6/5 (BOG for dinner at 5pm) and Fri 6/7 (CP early breakfast). I'd rather do it on Wed, but am concerned that we'll be too full after dinner at BOG...

If it helps in the decision making, when I made ADRs for the 8th, the charge came out to $90something, while the 6th was "only" $70something. I'd go for the 5th if you can.

Our schedule-
Sun. June 9 arrival at Saratoga Springs quick service meal and pool time!:)
June 10- EPCOT to ride test track many times! Turf Club % Grille back @ resort for dinner
June 11-MK The Plaza Restaurant for dinner and WISHES!
June 12- MK Fulton's for dinner and exploring DTD!
June 13- EPCOT ( last day before leaving) Via Napoli dinner and ILLUMINATIONS!
June 14 departure:(
Note: We didn't want to do AK and DHS this time. We missed our favorite TT last time, and we want to explore the New FL.:D
OMG we have the same scheduled parks for the 10th 11th and 12th YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we'll be at MK on the 12th, too! :)

Figgy1

I've seen alot of pics of very crafty clothes recently made by many others since I'm in a FB/June Disney group. I bought Disney/Star Wars iron ons and the t-shirts specifically for this trip, but I think that's about it. I don't consider buying more underwear, socks, travel-related stuff unnecessary. We bought sandals and flip flops, but those will be used anyway, too.

If it helps in the decision making, when I made ADRs for the 8th, the charge came out to $90something, while the 6th was "only" $70something. I'd go for the 5th if you can.

And we'll be at MK on the 12th, too! :)
YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tink0102

I should have said there is absolutely nothing wrong with buying new clothes for your vacation....I was really commenting more on the weird state of my mind...what is wrong with me buying lysol and anti bacteria stuff instead of clothes! I did buy some new flip flops and if we were going for some thing like the star wars event I would have to buy special stuff for that.

Pooh'sBuddy

Made the last payment today, so its official! We will be there from June 4th to June 7th. This is be my wife and 5 kids first time. Kids are 13, 7, 4, 2 and 1. We will be staying at the finding nemo suite at art of animation. Haven't told the kids yet, so very excited!

You'll have an absolutely Magical time!

I should have said there is absolutely nothing wrong with buying new clothes for your vacation....I was really commenting more on the weird state of my mind...what is wrong with me buying lysol and anti bacteria stuff instead of clothes! I did buy some new flip flops and if we were going for some thing like the star wars event I would have to buy special stuff for that.

Oh, I didn't mean that I thought you thought that. I meant that we're not going overboard, and it seems normal to me to buy other kinds of items for your trip that may seem like not trip-related items that one would normally buy. :confused: Who's on first?

Tink0102

You'll have an absolutely Magical time!

Oh, I didn't mean that I thought you thought that. I meant that we're not going overboard, and it seems normal to me to buy other kinds of items for your trip that may seem like not trip-related items that one would normally buy. :confused: Who's on first?

I knew you didn't...I just reread what I had posted and realized I should have included the old Seinfeld bit "Not that there's anything wrong with that" :)

StarWarsGirl

And I am not even a germ-a-phobe, but hearing about people who got sick in the world over spring break freaked me out a little. Oh yes, I also have band-aides and neo to go on the ready :)
You know, when I'm at home and around school, I get sick. A lot. Like, so many times that most kids would be failing, but I learned how to deal with it a long time ago and get A's. I spend about a month in the world, over a month on vacation total during the year, usually at someplace Disney, and rarely end up sick. If this tells you anything about the cleanliness in Disney...

By the way, I'm not technically a member of the WDW trip club for June. I will be in Disneyland June 21-27. ;) I was kind of just perusing here for no particular reason...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom