June 2011 Roll call.....

amypants

My present to myself for graduating my masters program is to go to disney in june. My bestie and i will be there the 21st-25th. Just a quick hurrah but a hurrah none the less!

Upvote 0

stratman50th

June 19-25. With extended family. And starting the drive the day after the last day of school (I'm a teacher). Hoping the crowds haven't gotten too bad. Considering we usually go holidays and July/August, I think we can take whatever we find!
This is getting weird! Not only is there a Metro DC/Baltimore mafia on here, now I see another Carroll County res! We start our drive down either the day after school, or the last day of school depending if they have to make up a snow day.
We went in June last year and it was kind of crowded, but we used to go in May so we are spoiled. The biggest thing was it rained a lot last year, and not the normal Florida 3:00PM to 4:30 showers. It started in the afternoon and rained well after dark or all night. It was starting to get hot and humid by then as well. All in all though, much better than the year before in August. That was brutal!

Upvote 0

Me&my3

June is coming!!!

Me and my husband and 3 kids are heading there June 26 - July 5!! Can't wait!!! We're staying at the Contemporary with a Magic Kingdom view!! :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
This is getting weird! Not only is there a Metro DC/Baltimore mafia on here, now I see another Carroll County res! We start our drive down either the day after school, or the last day of school depending if they have to make up a snow day.
We went in June last year and it was kind of crowded, but we used to go in May so we are spoiled. The biggest thing was it rained a lot last year, and not the normal Florida 3:00PM to 4:30 showers. It started in the afternoon and rained well after dark or all night. It was starting to get hot and humid by then as well. All in all though, much better than the year before in August. That was brutal!

CCPS last day for kids is Thursday, June 16. Last day for teachers is June 17. We would head down on Friday right after I get done at work (teach in Balt Co), but I am have a gig that night so we will drive down Saturday. Not a problem considering Sat night costs more DVC points, so getting there Sunday is fine by us! And we have no issues with lots of rain (not sure if extended family is quite so willing to continue touring in the wet, though).

Upvote 0

Dwarful

June 3-11, but only going to the parks 5 -6 days. We are going with free dining and a large group. Somewhat of an impact from HP as we are for the first time in 10 yrs going off property for some other theme park visits.

Upvote 0

SiriusBlack

Universal was awesome in my trip earlier this year. Good decision by people to check them out! Though I remember my past visits in the summer were extremely crowded at those parks.

I am actually hoping to plan a last minute trip to Disney for June. I gotta get the funds and schedule in order over the next month though. Hope I can do it :)

Upvote 0

coachwnh

june 21-29 AKL arusha view never stayed at this resort so looking forward to it. then june 21-july 7 at the swan. another first time resort. cant wait. school ends june 20 and we leave with the kids 7 am the next day!

Upvote 0

WildcatDen

Wed, June 15, 2011 5 out of 10 HS AK
Thu, June 16, 2011 6 out of 10 EP MK
Fri, June 17, 2011 5 out of 10 HS/AK MK
Sat, June 18, 2011 5 out of 10 AK HS
Sun, June 19, 2011 7 out of 10 EP MK Father's Day
Mon, June 20, 2011 6 out of 10 EP/HS AK
Tue, June 21, 2011 7 out of 10 HS MK
Wed, June 22, 2011 5 out of 10 EP HS AK

I cannot seem to recall, but does this list mean that the parks not listed are "More" or "Less" crowded than the levels shown? In short, for 6/16, EP and MK are listed as 6 out of 10. Does that mean AK and HS would be more crowded or less?

Thanks

Upvote 0

WildcatDen

for wildcatden lower number means less crowded 10 out of 10 is most crowded, 1 out of 10 least

Understood that part. Thanks. Question is for the parks not shown for those dates. Is it because they will be more crowded than what is listed thus making those listed your "Best Bets"? Using the 6/16 date again. 6 out of 10 for Epcot and MK. What about AK and DHS? Avoid them?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

coachwnh

sorry wildcatden i see i just follow the touring plan red and green dots. i know red is bad, green is good. im simple my wife does all the planning. not sure if what is listed first is parks recommended or to avoid. no matter what, you'll be there and thats all that matters!!! have fun

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom