June 18th photo update - NO GOLD EARS, Extra SWW, and the statues are back!!!

KaliSplash

We were down June 5-11 and I failed to make a report. (get back, wash the clothes, go back to work, etc.)

The statues were there our first night in MK, which was probably June 6.
The gold mouseears were no where to be seen.

Actually, that's not true. They had them at Mickey's at Disney-MGM in the window, but they wouldn't take one out of the window and sell it to us.

Seems to me you don't need a window display if you don't have product.

I was hoping to get a pair for my sister. I spent the week looking for someone with them who had Jill inscribed on the back. No Jill's were there. At least, not with gold mouse ears.

We were told they were out and did not know if they would get any more.

Wish I'd known about the Swan shop.

Also, does anyone know what the construction wall is between Morocco and Japan? It's big enough to be another country, but I'm pretty sure that's not the case, or we would already know!

shari71

I was there on June 10 and got two pairs of Golden Mickey Ear Hats EPCOT's Mouse Gears. It was a spur of the moment purchase for my daughters. Man I wish I had picked up a few more...

DisneyFreak529

I have a pair of the black ones with "Eve" on the back of them.
I don't know if I want to put "Eve" on the golden ones or "DisneyFreak".
I'm going at Christmas so I want the Christmas Mickey ears to.

maxime29

Premium Member
Everyone is asking about the grad nite ears...but what about the pins? What was the design this year? I have the 2004 WDW and DLR ones that I got through ebay.

tk421-sw

maxime29 said:
Everyone is asking about the grad nite ears...but what about the pins? What was the design this year? I have the 2004 WDW and DLR ones that I got through ebay.

10903890.jpg

I got two...:slurp:

CaptainMichael

maxime29 said:

When I was there at the end of May they still had plenty at the Frontierland Pin Trading Store.

maxime29

Premium Member
That and I'm not up to date on new pins, or in a close proximity to run down to Disney either.

Were there any pins that had maybe mickey and minnie in graduation gowns? Something along the lines of "congrats graduate"?

disneyteacher42

Keep up the great work you two!!! I really enjoy your photo and video posts and they really helped amp me up before my trip June 6-13. Any chance you two were down there over that span? The reason I ask is that I thought I spotted you two in the jewelery store on main street in that magic kingdom. Thimblekisses(at least I think it was her) was standing in line in the back of the store where all the pins are located. I was going to ask if it was you and say in person how much I enjoy your posts, but I wasn't 100% sure and I chickened out. Plus I have been a long time reader of these boards and just recently joined so I couldn't say "hey, I'm disneyteacher42" and you would have any idea who that was. Wow, longer post than I intended. Anyways, keep up the good work and will be looking for your next posts!

CaptainMichael

maxime29 said:
That and I'm not up to date on new pins, or in a close proximity to run down to Disney either.

Were there any pins that had maybe mickey and minnie in graduation gowns? Something along the lines of "congrats graduate"?

They had a graduation one with Mickey and another with Daisy and Donal in Cap and Gowns. A good website to check is disneypintrading.com.

tk421-sw

disneyteacher42 said:
Keep up the great work you two!!! I really enjoy your photo and video posts and they really helped amp me up before my trip June 6-13. Any chance you two were down there over that span? The reason I ask is that I thought I spotted you two in the jewelery store on main street in that magic kingdom. Thimblekisses(at least I think it was her) was standing in line in the back of the store where all the pins are located. I was going to ask if it was you and say in person how much I enjoy your posts, but I wasn't 100% sure and I chickened out. Plus I have been a long time reader of these boards and just recently joined so I couldn't say "hey, I'm disneyteacher42" and you would have any idea who that was. Wow, longer post than I intended. Anyways, keep up the good work and will be looking for your next posts!

Umm, we were there June 3- the 6th. So yeah it was probobly us!

Pippa

Thank so much for the pics, you keep an English girls WDW addiction fed and watered!! The castle looks sooo pretty, I can't wait to see it in November :wave:

maxime29

Premium Member
STR8FAN2005 said:
They had a graduation one with Mickey and another with Daisy and Donal in Cap and Gowns. A good website to check is disneypintrading.com.

Thanks for letting me know about the site. Never knew it existed. :hammer:

MickeyFanatic

in case some people may not be able to get to DL or WDW while the Golden Ears are available...... you can go to Ebay and buy them! I saw one person selling them and you could even order them with your name on them. no doubt she lives close buy and can get them done for you. you may spend a few more $ but hey, if you can't there this would be your next alternative! I'm hoping my mother-in-law got me a pair for my birthday when she was in DL last month.... I am crossing my fingers and will find out in 2 weeks! If not, Ebay here I come!!

tk421-sw

If Disney dosn't have them how can she get them, Id be careful. . I presold a Star Wars Weekends t-shirt on ebay and they ran out the first week end, so I had to waite to get more. Buyer was not happy. It's nothing I could fix so I had to take the heat.:rolleyes:

thimblekisses

Original Poster
MickeyFanatic said:
in case some people may not be able to get to DL or WDW while the Golden Ears are available...... you can go to Ebay and buy them! I saw one person selling them and you could even order them with your name on them. no doubt she lives close buy and can get them done for you. you may spend a few more $ but hey, if you can't there this would be your next alternative! I'm hoping my mother-in-law got me a pair for my birthday when she was in DL last month.... I am crossing my fingers and will find out in 2 weeks! If not, Ebay here I come!!

Be certain what you're bidding on is what you want. I checked Ebay for them yesterday just out of curiousity. The gold ears were offered, with name, but the only ones listed were from Disneyland. If you had your heart set on a WDW set, none were listed as of then. The difference is in the logo on the front. There are two different logos available, one for each. I'm not sure Disneyland is out, but I know WDW is for the time being. I would hope for the sake of the seller that Disneyland is not out!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom