Juan's News and Notes of the World

juan

Original Poster
Just a bit of an update from the past couple weeks.

Crowds
-Week of June 1st light crowds
-Week of June 8th very moderate crowds - a significant increase

MK
-Splash Mt characters seem to show much less animation than normal
-many of the facades in Fantasyland still being refurbished
-Diamond Horseshoe now serving sandwiches
-many Imagineers out and about in the park

Epcot
-menu changes at Refreshment Port - now with chili dogs chili fries
-2 styles of the black retro Epcot t-shirts are discontinued and now on sale for $5.99!!!
-flower and garden festival mostly cleaned up except for the floating flower pots
-guests are being surveyed (not sure for what) by management at the end of Imagination
-no sign of GM pulling anything from Test Track, but ride is in desperate need of an overhaul
-the anvil drop onto windshield test is working again in the Test Track queue! first time I've seen it work in over 5 years!

Studios
-RNR now has a kids activity station near the bathroom and food stand for kids to decorate large paper CDs
-guy who plays Jango Fett was a no show for the Star Wars weekend
-San Francisco facade almost complete

AK
-not too much going on
-may have been noted before, but they now offer straws (but they're paper)

EPCOT Explorer

Crowds

MK

Epcot
-2 styles of the black retro Epcot t-shirts are discontinued and now on sale for $5.99!!!
-flower and garden festival mostly cleaned up except for the floating flower pots
-guests are being surveyed (not sure for what) by management at the end of Imagination
-no sign of GM pulling anything from Test Track, but ride is in desperate need of an overhaul
-the anvil drop onto windshield test is working again in the Test Track queue! first time I've seen it work in over 5 years!

Studios
-RNR now has a kids activity station near the bathroom and food stand for kids to decorate large paper CDs

AK
-not too much going on

:eek: I bet that's gone by now! :lol:

Glad you had a nice TR!:D

stevieg639

MK

I was at Splash with my best friend and we noticed that animation was more than normal. I can attest to that since I got it on video. We even saw some new ones that my friend and I have never seen before. One example was the jumping fish. All of the normal animation was working just fine without any problems.

Thanks for the update and hopefully the animation will be working for everyone soon.

Figment632

I agree with you on TT I don't think the ride has aged well at all. The last time I was in WDW I was only able to ride once in 10 days it was always broken.

disneylad

crowds this past wknd

i was just there thurs-sun. we spent most of the time lounging by the pool, but when we did go to the parkls or DTD it was as heavy as I have ever seen it (we usually go in Nov or MArch).

we went to DHS friday at 10 and it was MOBBED. FP return for TSM was already 8:00. we left.

that night we went to EPCOT/WS and it was pretty crowded. we headed over for EMH at MK. got there just in time for 10 wishes show and it was jammed. after the FW we went to Frontierland and it was a zoo. As bad as I've ever seen it.

sat night we went to DTD and it was crazy busy. when we left at 10:30 or so people were still streaming in (with little kids !) and the bus stands were chaos.

EPCOT Explorer

Crowds

MK

Epcot

Studios

AK
-not too much going on

Just saw this...What did they ask?

ttalovebug

You mean I was just there and missed EPCOT shirts on sale???? :brick:

The Imagination survey thing must be a good sign. I mean, at least they remember it's there.

juan

Original Poster
You mean I was just there and missed EPCOT shirts on sale???? :brick:

Yeah there are only a few left. The ones on sale were the black shirt with a gray epcot logo that said EPCOT CENTER three times in orange to pink and the black shirt with the green and blue vertical stripe that says "The 21st Century Began October 1982"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom