Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

rioriz

To be clear, it sounds like you are saying that JoW will open in late 2023 as has been previously announced (despite being possible to open earlier). But the overall spine project (the hall, Walt statue, etc) won’t be finished and open/dedicated until mid 2024. Is that right?
Correct...to be clear I have no Imagineering sources. All are boots on the ground...

Thus while I stated Poppins was to be a glorified LED Caraousel before anyone else. And yes its Dead for now.

Last edited:

rioriz

More like a rage killing!

And this violence continues now and will continue until whenever they finish whatever they trying to do there.

They need to add more food booths to distract guests from the murder scene going on in the spine.

Well, the good thing is we have EIPC Universe to look forward to.

At the rate Disney is working EPIC will be finished sooner.

I personally can't wait for Epic Universe!!!! Wish I knew more going on there

Sandurz

So at this time it looks like a journey of water could be ready to go by August 2023. However like the railroad it will more than likely stay almost finished until the end of the year. They could easily open it up before the rest of the spine opens up. But we know how Disney does it these days.

Expect most of the Moana construction crew to be pulled over to the main spine very soon to ramp up construction on that. A Memorial Day 2024 Spine opening dedication is the plan at this time. However, April could be in the cards. Time will tell.
If this is accurate, this is one of the most insane and disappointing bits of real-time news I have ever read about the parks. MEMORIAL DAY 2024??? Come ON lmao, something is deeply and fundamentally wrong with this part of the company.

The entire front of the park has been a disaster for 2+ years at this point, and will continue to be a disaster for 18 more months? For basically, if you're generous, a net-zero project? It's just beyond comprehension.

SteveAZee

If this is accurate, this is one of the most insane and disappointing bits of real-time news I have ever read about the parks. MEMORIAL DAY 2024??? Come ON lmao, something is deeply and fundamentally wrong with this part of the company.

The entire front of the park has been a disaster for 2+ years at this point, and will continue to be a disaster for 18 more months? For basically, if you're generous, a net-zero project? It's just beyond comprehension.
I think it's now 3+ years... was there Oct 2019 and it was wall world.

MrPromey

Maybe if you’re just an impatient fan. But “new” attractions, services, products, and events are marketing gold.

I think after how many years of construction walls, now(?) even that family from Seattle or Colorado or wherever that only comes every five years is going to start getting impatient with paying to play in the attraction called "Pardon our Dust" that makes up the center of the first half of this park.

Nevermind the Walt Statue, the trees, and the stage.

MrPromey

I think it's now 3+ years... was there Oct 2019 and it was wall world.
I believe it's longer than that if you're also counting the redo of the entrance area in front of Spacehip Earth and all the construction walls and re-routing of people they did during that mess that also seemed to take way too long and was completed just before they started tearing up this part on the other side of the ball.

Last edited:

J4546

Im looking forward to this being done and Im sure I will enjoy it when I visit Epcot again in a year or two. But also im into slow paced walkthroughs and this looks cool to me for what it is and I think Epcot could benefit from a lush tropical themed mini enviroment. Im also excited for the Treehouse here in DL to finally be done and love the concept art. Also, I agree the spine has taken way too long for what it is, but I also really love the concept art for whats coming, with it being full of trees separated into 4 quadrant, I think it is a major improvement to the park.

ohioguy

It looks like it has potential, especially if they're creating "magic" with the manipulation of water. I refuse to second-guess the time it's taking to complete the attraction, because I consider 2020-2021 to be non-existent years for the most part. It's definitely going to have an educational component, so it fits with the stated goals of EPCOT. I'm not sure EPCOT needed another walk-through attraction (they have an entire World Showcase, after all), but it'll be a nice counter to the thrill rides that seem to be dominating the new vision.

And I recommend the extemely tall guy in the hardhat as everyone's personal tour guide. If only every Imagineer was that sexy. Wowza.

tpoly88

Im looking forward to this being done and Im sure I will enjoy it when I visit Epcot again in a year or two. But also im into slow paced walkthroughs and this looks cool to me for what it is and I think Epcot could benefit from a lush tropical themed mini enviroment. Im also excited for the Treehouse here in DL to finally be done and love the concept art. Also, I agree the spine has taken way too long for what it is, but I also really love the concept art for whats coming, with it being full of trees separated into 4 quadrant, I think it is a major improvement to the park.
Lets hope it works as they needed something for the middle there for a long time. Always happy with some trees and shade and they need more trees in WS, especially by Japan, America, Italy and Germany. hard to get out of the hot sun over there. i think this project if they left the walking paths wide enough will be nice. ill be happy to have it done as Epcot is my favorite park.

Bocabear

It looks like it has potential, especially if they're creating "magic" with the manipulation of water. I refuse to second-guess the time it's taking to complete the attraction, because I consider 2020-2021 to be non-existent years for the most part. It's definitely going to have an educational component, so it fits with the stated goals of EPCOT. I'm not sure EPCOT needed another walk-through attraction (they have an entire World Showcase, after all), but it'll be a nice counter to the thrill rides that seem to be dominating the new vision.

And I recommend the extemely tall guy in the hardhat as everyone's personal tour guide. If only every Imagineer was that sexy. Wowza.
wait, they added one new thrill ride to EPCOT... how are thrill rides now dominating the vision for the park?
we are getting a selfie pavilion if that actually happens, a newly built building with meet and greets and a stage, a lot of trees, and a water based walk through attraction/splash pad or whatever it is... that doesn't sound like thrill rides are dominating the new vision to me...it seems like a huge nothing-burger.

Animaniac93-98

wait, they added one new thrill ride to EPCOT... how are thrill rides now dominating the vision for the park?
we are getting a selfie pavilion if that actually happens, a newly built building with meet and greets and a stage, a lot of trees, and a water based walk through attraction/splash pad or whatever it is... that doesn't sound like thrill rides are dominating the new vision to me...it seems like a huge nothing-burger.

Future World now has the same number of thrill rides it did in 2005.

The only difference is Body Wars is gone and we have Guardians now.

tpoly88

Future World now has the same number of thrill rides it did in 2005.

The only difference is Body Wars is gone and we have Guardians now.
its a shame that they could not find a new purpose for the old body wars. seems like a waste as that was a good ride and i thought better than Star Tours. They do need some more attractions in Epcot that can take up a lot capacity as Body Wars and Universe of Energy as those took a lot of people per hour. When you see that there were 4 hr wait times over the holidays, that's not fun. Having the Remy ride helps but they could use a couple more rides to spread capacity. I know they dont have the room but it was talked about for years of a coaster in Japan. They also could do something with the imagine pavilion (not get rid of figment) with the theater area and make that some other attraction maybe something similar to Shrek, spider-man/transformers or the old jetsons ride used at Universal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom