Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

rioriz

I had to read this over several times to be clear you said 2024.

To which I say...what?!
Maybe with Iger in there there be a push to open earlier but ny source doubts it. Disney has staggered openings of new attractions between both resorts. You will probnot see a new attraction open the same month on both coast.

The earliest may be festival of Arts 2024. Again the grand opening needs to coincide with a festival opening to have the largest "impact"

tparris

Maybe with Iger in there there be a push to open earlier but ny source doubts it. Disney has staggered openings of new attractions between both resorts. You will probnot see a new attraction open the same month on both coast.

The earliest may be festival of Arts 2024. Again the grand opening needs to coincide with a festival opening to have the largest "impact"
How asinine…

doctornick

So at this time it looks like a journey of water could be ready to go by August 2023. However like the railroad it will more than likely stay almost finished until the end of the year. They could easily open it up before the rest of the spine opens up. But we know how Disney does it these days.

Expect most of the Moana construction crew to be pulled over to the main spine very soon to ramp up construction on that. A Memorial Day 2024 Spine opening dedication is the plan at this time. However, April could be in the cards. Time will tell.
To be clear, it sounds like you are saying that JoW will open in late 2023 as has been previously announced (despite being possible to open earlier). But the overall spine project (the hall, Walt statue, etc) won’t be finished and open/dedicated until mid 2024. Is that right?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
From the moment I heard the fountain of Nations was going to be bulldozed, I thought all they needed to to is to update the fountain technology and perhaps add a water screen and make it a legitimate attraction. I mean I liked the fountain they had, but they really could have plussed it.
They destroyed the fountain they had with a cement wall and stage which kept people away from it or being able to see the fullness of it being a fountain. Then there was the lack of upkeep, and lack of space to view its shows... which shows were minimal in the end. It never was in the center of the hub, which it should have been, but instead set between the pinch points of the SE and SW buildings, with the protrusion of Fountainview (another mistake in design) pinching the flow of guests even further.

It was a mercy-killing.

PrinceCharming617

I'm cool with IPs, but at least make them make sense. Moana belongs in Magic Kingdom, not Epcot, not Animal Kingdom. This is going way, way too much away from the name of the park and earlier ideas (for the park).

Vegas Disney Fan

It was a mercy-killing.

This is my thought as well, I suspect the 40 year old plumbing and pumps were in need of replacement so it just became easier and cheaper to tear it down and start from scratch.

I never saw the fountain in its glory days, I think I watched the show once (in about 2016) and was less than blown away by it, especially after seeing WOC at DCA.

It probably could have been saved and modernized but in its current form I’m not sure it was worth spending the money to save it. Which mirrors how I feel about much of the Epcot renovation, I never saw the communicore area as worth saving because I never saw it in anything but its broken down and decaying form of the last decade.

Disstevefan1

They destroyed the fountain they had with a cement wall and stage which kept people away from it or being able to see the fullness of it being a fountain. Then there was the lack of upkeep, and lack of space to view its shows... which shows were minimal in the end. It never was in the center of the hub, which it should have been, but instead set between the pinch points of the SE and SW buildings, with the protrusion of Fountainview (another mistake in design) pinching the flow of guests even further.

It was a mercy-killing.
More like a rage killing!

And this violence continues now and will continue until whenever they finish whatever they trying to do there.

They need to add more food booths to distract guests from the murder scene going on in the spine.

Well, the good thing is we have EIPC Universe to look forward to.

At the rate Disney is working EPIC will be finished sooner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom