Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Incomudro

Yes by 2015 it was sad. Apparently the writing was already on the wall for innoventions.

Look, I get it, you are defending Disney about Moana, that’s great, you have every right.

I am guessing when the bean counters discussed bull dosing innoventions and putting up Moana they were thinking:
  1. With innoventions gone we don’t need to cool that massive space, we can save money.
  2. Remember how hard ( and costly) it was to create and maintain things in innoventions and how hard it was to get sponsors and we ended up paying for all this cr@p. Damn you World Wide Web!
  3. We can bull dose innoventions and replace it with sidewalks and astroturf and save a lot of money.
  4. Hey, let’s add an IP somehow ( it doesn’t matter which because EPCOT) , but we must keep it low maintenance, very passive, some sort of IP themed walking path.
If we look to the Moana dirt pile it looks like to me this snowballed into something that wasn’t expected, like when you start to renovate a house an really see what’s wrong and needs to be done.

I am sticking to my story and I think they are are secretly fixing a sinkhole 😉

In any event we will (someday) get this very nice Moana walking path; a beautiful place to check my phone.

And yes, Moana is better than nothing.
I believe it went like this:
Remember all of those cool innovations that it took a building to house, and that there was no other way to bring the information of them about to the public?
It all fits in a phone, that everyone carries now.
Time to get rid of this antiquated form of presentation.

rreading

I don't think it ranks as high as those movies. It's good; just not THAT good. I'd say that Little Mermaid > Nemo > Moana. But, all those mentioned here are good company to be in.
Fwiw, my kids (13m and 17f) are the opposite:

Moana > Nemo > Mermaid

So I definitely expect Moana to endure. What’s more Disney pushed is Tiana. The movie and music were fine…but not that successful…and she’s everywhere!

Next Big Thing

Yes by 2015 it was sad. Apparently the writing was already on the wall for innoventions.

Look, I get it, you are defending Disney about Moana, that’s great, you have every right.

I am guessing when the bean counters discussed bull dosing innoventions and putting up Moana they were thinking:
  1. With innoventions gone we don’t need to cool that massive space, we can save money.
  2. Remember how hard ( and costly) it was to create and maintain things in innoventions and how hard it was to get sponsors and we ended up paying for all this cr@p. Damn you World Wide Web!
  3. We can bull dose innoventions and replace it with sidewalks and astroturf and save a lot of money.
  4. Hey, let’s add an IP somehow ( it doesn’t matter which because EPCOT) , but we must keep it low maintenance, very passive, some sort of IP themed walking path.
If we look to the Moana dirt pile it looks like to me this snowballed into something that wasn’t expected, like when you start to renovate a house an really see what’s wrong and needs to be done.

I am sticking to my story and I think they are are secretly fixing a sinkhole 😉

In any event we will (someday) get this very nice Moana walking path; a beautiful place to check my phone.

And yes, Moana is better than nothing.
I actually wasn't defending Moana, but saying that Innoventions had run it's course. But go off.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Its weird seeing rock work in future world
1650773023045.png

;)

Disstevefan1

I actually wasn't defending Moana, but saying that Innoventions had run it's course. But go off.
I apologize. Moana is a sore spot for me.

As for innoventions, they indeed run their course it’s too bad they did not keep the space and do something else with it, but I think they only wanted to pay to cool the space if they had sponsors (MAKE MONEY) and we all know how hard getting sponsors is, to they bull dosed it.

The other innoventions is now MAKING MONEY, with the Connections Cafe and Eatery. At first I did not like the look of connections, but it’s growing on me, that, or maybe it’s been so long I have been in EPCOT I just want to be there.

I see they put the map of Walt’s original plans for EPCOT in the queue for the Cafe.

Not sure if it’s a tribute or a symbolic way of stomping all over Walt’s last dream..

Incomudro

Experimental Prototype Construction of Tomorrow -
What a total mess for what will be a meh walk through attraction.
"Community of Tomorrow."
Epcot in its realization was never that anyway.
Unless you were joking about the endless construction, in which case I get it.
Why are you convinced that it will be a total "Meh" to walk through?
What if it's beautiful?

Disstevefan1

"Community of Tomorrow."
Epcot in its realization was never that anyway.
Unless you were joking about the endless construction, in which case I get it.
Why are you convinced that it will be a total "Meh" to walk through?
What if it's beautiful?
Of course I was joking! I know what Walt intended EPCOT to stand for..

Moana will probably be a beautiful little walk through.
Perhaps a nice place to get out of the direct sunlight on a hot day.

In looking at the construction site this looks like a lot of work for little in return.

At this point, I just want them to be done with whatever they are trying to do here and get these walls down.
I am more looking forward to the walls coming down more than anything else..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom