Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

SoFloMagic

At least they bothered to program the audio and video well on Transformers. Ratatouille looks and sounds like cheap crap, as if they just installed it without tweaking it and said "good enough". And if we're going to criticize Transformers for being an inferior version of Spider-Man, that applies here as well since it's a far inferior version of MMRR and RotR which use the same ride system.

Also it's funny because I get accused of being a Disney pixie-duster in the Universal subforum. I guess "you're a fanboy for (the other park)" is just our default go-to insult when we don't agree with something, isn't it?
I know I'm way behind in the thread, but I don't understand anyone arguing against you. Rat may be a fun family ride for some, but it's not a great ride. And it certainly doesn't justify paid fastpass.

Rat makes MMRR look like rise.

dreday3

I know I'm way behind in the thread, but I don't understand anyone arguing against you. Rat may be a fun family ride for some, but it's not a great ride. And it certainly doesn't justify paid fastpass.

Rat makes MMRR look like rise.

I like MMRR and Rat better than Rise.
Certainly will never pay for Rise again. It was fine, but I can't understand some of the high praise it gets.

Still looking forward to this water feature! (I thought I was in Rat thread 🤣)

No Name

View attachment 601506

I can’t believe people are upset they are replacing a concrete plaza and an empty building with beautiful park space and a natural maze.

This is such a massive upgrade in my opinion. I’d much rather see trees and a fountain maze over concrete and shade sails in a barren wasteland of concrete.

I also think a water and forrest maze leading to the “Ocean” and “Land” pavilions fits perfectly.
I think the more rational criticisms seem to be that leaving half of an existing large concrete structure, then building an off-center festival center that will inevitably look less 80s then the innoventions building and probably not compliment the design well, and then having a water walkthrough area, might not all mesh so well together. Also, the Creations shop looks fairly modern now, but how will it hold up in 15 years, and so is this money bring spent on a solution to the problem or just a routine step in bringing things up to speed?

People who are against the change because it’s not how it used to be aren’t really going to be swayed.

Phicinfan

The concrete building was not empty... The Innoventions end had rotating exhibits over the years and while I agree it should have been more, it was not empty...
Not recently, I believe
There was also a massive very crowded and well used Starbucks,
which is being replaced
a huge Meet & Greet location,
Again, being replaced
and Club Cool
Already back
. Was the building used and filled to it's potential? Heck no, but it could have been
HERE is the key. It could have been, but it was not. Nor was it going to be. I believe(and I hate to put words in his mouth) @marni1971 stated they had no real plans to use this space, and as is obvious, they decided to totally disassemble which probably was more costly. I am getting really tired of the but it could have been talk. That is simply not the case.
Imagine if World Showplace were relocated to Innoventions, freeing up both the space and budget to have a real Attraction in the UK Pavilion...
would have loved this, but it was never on the map to be done, so why expect it?
Not tearing down the building might have also allowed the budget to include a second floor over the Innoventions end with a roof garden...
But the original plan was to have the table top garden, isn't that redundant? Why don't you all understand they did not want to use this building?
You could have entered JOW through the central breezeway portal through the building allowing for a little covered space in Florida's frequent rainstorms...
That would have been nice, but again, they didn't want this building, going instead to a more open area to better see the whole park.
It seems like the central core could have been refreshed and modernized, and a new Event space plus JOW without changing the integrity of the original layout...and it still would have felt fresh and new and modern...
Wow, show me those plans!! oh wait, yeah...

Epcot82Guy

They had plans. I posted them, probably in this thread somewhere. Or the big changes thread.

Bob wanted his folly. And to hell with the park.

You did. They were really quite cool. A modern, open take on the buildings. And you could have easily added JoW behind northwest and put a rooftop on SW or even off IMAG to provide a mini-Folly if needed.

UNCgolf

Bob wanted his folly. And to hell with the park.

I'm assuming that festival center has very little chance of being resurrected at this point, because it does not seem like the kind of thing that would interest Chapek.

Unless he's the Bob, but Iger seems 10000x more likely.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm assuming that festival center has very little chance of being resurrected at this point, because it does not seem like the kind of thing that would interest Chapek.

Unless he's the Bob, but Iger seems 10000x more likely.
It was Igers. Chapek is worse, but he’s inherited an awful lot of poor decisions made before Iger bailed jumped ship left.

UNCgolf

It was Igers. Chapek is worse, but he’s inherited an awful lot of poor decisions made before Iger bailed jumped ship left.

That's what I thought on all counts.

I don't see Chapek signing off on spending the money to build that festival center. I feel like he'd consider it a waste of money.

UNCgolf

The bar on legs was bad enough. I don’t know if I even want to know what Bob 2.0’s folly could be… 🤦‍♂️Maybe he won’t be around long enough to green light it.

I don't think he will have one. I don't see Chapek as the kind of person who wants to spend money on anything at the parks unless he feels like he absolutely has to. An expensive vanity project seems unlikely.

Epcot82Guy

The bar on legs was bad enough. I don’t know if I even want to know what Bob 2.0’s folly could be… 🤦‍♂️Maybe he won’t be around long enough to green light it.

I think we're seeing it. Bob C.'s version is literally a field of grass. Maybe some colored concrete to "plus" it.

Zach will explain how it pays tribute to the Legacy of Epcot Center by celebrating the openness of the human mind - as it sites in the "Center" of the park.

UNCgolf

I think we're seeing it. Bob C.'s version is literally a field of grass. Maybe some colored concrete to "plus" it.

Zach will explain how it pays tribute to the Legacy of Epcot Center by celebrating the openness of the human mind - as it sites in the "Center" of the park.

Exactly. Much higher ROI with that.

DomVF07

Taken yesterday. Seems to be a lot going on since my August trip. 🤷‍♂️
91557F11-165A-41EA-9B51-02A59C604251.jpeg
5D3A957C-86E8-4C78-A5E9-9B48B1F8EAF4.jpeg
0A434CAF-2F6B-4B6C-95AD-D400DD276408.jpeg
35B200D9-D2A4-45DB-A2AB-47054D27853C.jpeg
DDB461B9-28F5-4126-BC7C-16D4DE78FE07.jpeg
4EFB7CF7-0D7E-482B-893F-059036CE8645.jpeg
5D865C38-B805-4AD3-9950-39B1E69B060D.jpeg
B35E3B2F-F950-4BEB-92A8-60445E8C4C0D.jpeg
A082CDE8-CD56-4B06-B586-0B7D5F07AD19.jpeg
C5FE2A50-0212-406E-A40C-61DF7F1412CD.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom