Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

SplashJacket

Haven’t really followed this project too intently, or looked at any details, but waiting to do this until I can kidnap my young young cousins to see this experience through their lens

TheMaxRebo

JoW virtual queue still open - 5+ hour wait though

Screenshot_20231007-135307.png

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Quick question to those who've been/know:

Is it possible to walk through this, without getting wet?

TIA.

James Alucobond

Yes. It’s a big open space and shade sail. Don’t let the rock work fool you. It is completely devoid of the operational features that Disney typically incorporates into dedicated meet and greet spaces.
Do we not think some of that might be added to the left of the shade structure once they close the backstage corridor? There's a short retaining wall that continues back a bit from the rockwork behind the M&G that makes me think it'll contain a queuing alcove or something. The current situation with the closed-off shortcut looks exceedingly annoying at the moment.

Sir_Cliff

Yes. It’s a big open space and shade sail. Don’t let the rock work fool you. It is completely devoid of the operational features that Disney typically incorporates into dedicated meet and greet spaces.
Fair enough! I'm not huge on meet and greets, so I may just not have noticed what those spaces tend to include. Most of my memories of actually meeting characters involve standing in front of some area in the parks perhaps under a shelter.

TheMaxRebo

Quick question to those who've been/know:

Is it possible to walk through this, without getting wet?

TIA.
Yes, as indicated there is a dry path, but you won't be able to participate in all of the interactive elements if you want to stay complete dry as some of them require you running your hands through water

Last edited:

TheMaxRebo

Fair enough! I'm not huge on meet and greets, so I may just not have noticed what those spaces tend to include. Most of my memories of actually meeting characters involve standing in front of some area in the parks perhaps under a shelter.

Some definitely are a random spot in the park where they place the character - a lot of the World Showcase meet and greets are like that and many outdoor ones

This feels like a themed area that they put the character meet at, but not something specifically built for the character

Unlike, say, Sorcerer Mickey in DHS which was purpose built for the character meet
RedCarpetDreams-06-930x620.jpg

tpoly88

Still can't get my head around this view being in EPCOT 🤔

Journey-of-Water-Inspired-by-Moana_Full_53254.jpg
Im not going to pass judgment until i have had a chance to walk through but just looking at this from the photos it does not seem to fit into the center of Epcot. The photos look beautiful but looks like this should have replaced Tom Sawyer island or be at Animal kingdom. i guess from going to Epcot from the 80's i still have that this is future world in my mind.

lazyboy97o

Do we not think some of that might be added to the left of the shade structure once they close the backstage corridor? There's a short retaining wall that continues back a bit from the rockwork behind the M&G that makes me think it'll contain a queuing alcove or something. The current situation with the closed-off shortcut looks exceedingly annoying at the moment.
It’s not just the lack of a queue but also around Moana herself. There’s no ability to have simultaneous meet and greets as is done with other popular characters in dedicated spaces. Nor is there really the ability for Moana to dip backstage and quickly switch actresses so that they can run meet and greets continuously throughout the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom