Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Incomudro

My expectation is that guests won't be able to see her from ground level elsewhere in the park until they're right there in front of her, and that would likely be the key factor in her size/design. Kind of like the way you don't see the Millennium Falcon until you're a few feet away. But smaller
Yes, that's what I think as well.
The way it will be planted, the route of the paths.
I don't believe you will be able to see the structures face, until you turn a bend and are right in front of it.

SilentWindODoom

I would guess the vast majority of Disney guests don't ride every attraction.

I don't enjoy roller coasters. Ellen's Energy Adventure was one of my favorite attractions at EPCOT. I grew up as a Beakman kid, so all my nostalgia and love for Bill Nye comes from his trip through Ellen's dreams helping her face Stupid Judy. Guardians is not for me. It brings a lot of people joy. There is a segment of the population that will enjoy it.

I have not spent many days crapping on the project, personally insulting people who would enjoy it, complaining that the company didn't replace it with something the company would never do past 1992, suggested that an empty building would be better than people enjoying themselves, or made the same tired jokes over, and over, and over, and over again to pat ourselves on the back and laugh and try to crap on the joy of others. And the mentality it would take to do that puzzles me.

UNCgolf

I don't enjoy roller coasters. Ellen's Energy Adventure was one of my favorite attractions at EPCOT. I grew up as a Beakman kid, so all my nostalgia and love for Bill Nye comes from his trip through Ellen's dreams helping her face Stupid Judy. Guardians is not for me. It brings a lot of people joy. There is a segment of the population that will enjoy it.

I have not spent many days crapping on the project, personally insulting people who would enjoy it, complaining that the company didn't replace it with something the company would never do past 1992, suggested that an empty building would be better than people enjoying themselves, or made the same tired jokes over, and over, and over, and over again to pat ourselves on the back and laugh and try to crap on the joy of others. And the mentality it would take to do that puzzles me.

I'm not sure why you quoted my post to say this, but I agree.

MaximumEd

49D3C575-654A-450F-B973-40CB37D6FDA0.jpeg

Unfortunate finger placement is unfortunate.

Centauri Space Station

Ok but keep that in mind when they add a Moana attraction to Animal Kingdom which they hinted about at D23. Whether it happens or not who knows but I think Disney is forcing IP where it’s not needed if they wanted some neat interactive water walk thru feature
I mean, if that happens they have ways to make Moana fit abit better in DAK. JOW as is fits Epcot more

Vinnie Mac

Couldn't have said any of this better myself.

People on these boards need to know how to let other people enjoy things

Casper Gutman

The fact that something might theoretically bring someone somewhere joy does not and should not exempt it from criticism. It would not have been in any way, shape, or form odd or uncouth for you to voice your preference for Ellen’s or to attempt to support that preference with evidence of the attractions strengths. There’s no reason your joy is any less valuable then the hypothetical joy of some other poster.

Now, if discussion devolves into personal insults, that’s another matter, but I haven’t really seen that here, although I’m willing to be corrected.

UNCgolf

The fact that something might theoretically bring someone somewhere joy does not and should not exempt it from criticism. It would not have been in any way, shape, or form odd or uncouth for you to voice your preference for Ellen’s or to attempt to support that preference with evidence of the attractions strengths. There’s no reason your joy is any less valuable then the hypothetical joy of some other poster.

Now, if discussion devolves into personal insults, that’s another matter, but I haven’t really seen that here, although I’m willing to be corrected.

I didn't read it as no criticism at all is allowed, but if that's what he was suggesting then of course I disagree.

I thought it was more about people going out of their way to trash something and attack the people who like it. That said, I also agree that I haven't seen much of that here.

No Name

I don't know when y'all are gonna understand that most of everything we are seeing is done entirely or partially due to guest response.

Literally one of the biggest issues with EPCOT in the last decade was the lack of greenery in Future World. I can promise you this new EPCOT will not have that issue.
Fixing the issue is not sequestering the greenery to a closed-loop walkthrough, while leaving the rest of the park concrete-heavy or even worse.

CDD99D83-E9BE-4A81-B60B-6DF579EEB0F8.jpeg

Does Central Park make the rest of Manhattan less of a concrete jungle? In all fairness there’s a couple areas they’re adding trees and plants to here. But I can promise you this new EPCOT will still have that issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom