Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm not sure what I expected, and I know it's not complete, but the Te Fiti seems to be on the small side for what it's supposed to represent.

ETA: No, I don't think they should make it larger if it's going to be here
Don't you know? All mountains in WDW are just 50 feet tall!!

Human size comparison (in the absence of a banana)...
1670621458528.png

CaptinEO

So is this the reason the walls are up in the center of Epcot? Or is it a mix of projexrs? I went in summer 2021 and again this week, and the park is still a mess of walls with a lot of walking.

Signage to go from Test Track to the aquarium took me the worst way possible. When I looked on the map I couldn't believe it sent us such a far way.

Reminds me of DCA circa 2008.

Den Carter

So is this the reason the walls are up in the center of Epcot? Or is it a mix of projexrs? I went in summer 2021 and again this week, and the park is still a mess of walls with a lot of walking.

Signage to go from Test Track to the aquarium took me the worst way possible. When I looked on the map I couldn't believe it sent us such a far way.

Reminds me of DCA circa 2008.
It feels like the second slowest construction project in history - after Tron - but the area will include Moana's walk-through, a garden area with a statue of Walt called Dreamer's Point and an inside/outside festival area. Due to open late 2023.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
My expectation is that guests won't be able to see her from ground level elsewhere in the park until they're right there in front of her, and that would likely be the key factor in her size/design. Kind of like the way you don't see the Millennium Falcon until you're a few feet away. But smaller

We dont see the Millennium Falcon, but not in the way you're thinking of, we actively stay away from Smugglers Run.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom