Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

doctornick

The 5th Gate should be completely rock-themed.

59fb3e3958a0c131008b59e5

Korg approves

dreday3

There is no way that they would finish just this section of construction early and open in Spring, right? I was hoping maybe timeline announcement was a case of under-promise but over-deliver? 😂

I'm just trying to squash any remaining embers of hope of this being open by late April.

Disstevefan1

The 5th Gate should be completely rock-themed.
The fifth gate should be completely rock-themed, and the entire park should be Moana themed!
With attractions like -
It's a water world - starring Moana.
Moana's water funnel spin.
Moana's Water Jamboree.
Moana's Big Thunderstorm flume ride
Moana's river cruise.
Mad water balloon party - starring Moana.
Moana's underwaterharMagic.
Moana's flight over water.
Many adventures of Moana.
Moana's rainstormer.
Moan's family tree.
Moana's haunted undersea shipwreck.
Moana'a Hall of Demigods.
Magic flying canoes of Moana.
Moana's people mover canoes.
Under the sea - Journey of Moana.
Moana's Enchanted water grotto.
Moana's Carousel of water conservation.

Last edited:

GimpYancIent

An interesting thought. I wonder how many people are holding off visiting WDW waiting for all the attractions being built to come online? Maybe when everything is up and working it may be worth seeing?

James Alucobond

An interesting thought. I wonder how many people are holding off visiting WDW waiting for all the attractions being built to come online? Maybe when everything is up and working it may be worth seeing?
I doubt it factors into the equation all that often, but with EPCOT, the construction in the center of the park is so disruptive to the experience that I wouldn't be surprised if it actually does have an impact in that specific instance.

Disstevefan1

It's MOBBED at WDW now. Can you imagine how MOBBED it will be if/when the EPCOT work is finished.

Now with Park Pass Reservations, ALL 4 PARKS will be EVENLY MOBBED, there will be just fewer APers in the park!

dreday3

I doubt it factors into the equation all that often, but with EPCOT, the construction in the center of the park is so disruptive to the experience that I wouldn't be surprised if it actually does have an impact in that specific instance.

When I found out this wasn't opening until late 2023 - ugh - I almost considered moving our trip. But that wouldn't work out due to non-Disney trips planned in late 2023 and early 2024.

Really wanted this (entire closure) all done and open, but alas, not happening.

mysto

There are also a few rockwork “chips” staged in a small pile to the left of the construction site, in between JoW and the two service/maintenance structures. They’re currently installing a bunch of white insulation(?) pads to the left of the currently installed rockwork, and there are many footers installed as well, so it definitely seems like there’s still a good bit of rockwork that hasn’t even been installed at all yet.View attachment 671542
I think the white pads are "architectural foam". They pour concrete over it and drive semis on top. They build freeway bridge ramps with it around here of late to my surprise. Hope it holds up.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
It's MOBBED at WDW now. Can you imagine how MOBBED it will be if/when the EPCOT work is finished.

Now with Park Pass Reservations, ALL 4 PARKS will be EVENLY MOBBED, there will be just fewer APers in the park!

Looking at the 2021 attendance numbers, 2025 looks to be an eye-opening event for Disney. Only Magic Kingdom surpassed UO or IOA in numbers for 2021, Disneyland Park fell behind Hollywood Studios (well they didnt reopen until April 2021).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom