Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

James Alucobond

That seems unlikely. At worst this should be a nice landscape feature that's pleasant to look at -- I don't see how it could be worse than the Harmonious barges.
Yeah, it’s pretty hard to be worse than an industrial wasteland. Even if this is a total bust content-wise, it’ll be attractive space to walk through, which is kinda 40% of EPCOT anyway.

Disstevefan1

Have you seen concept artwork? We’ve been looking for any clues of what it’s going to look like.
1646869670517.png

My issue is this does not belong in EPCOT, it seems to me it would fit better in Animal Kingdom.

If feels like when they were deciding what to put in EPCOT, they had all the possibilities on a dart board, put on a blindfold and threw a dart to decide.

And what are they doing in the Moana dirt pile? Every time I see photos, it looks worse, not better, like they are working in reverse!
Are they secretly fixing a sinkhole?

At this point i am just looking forward to the walls coming down no matter what we end up with.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
View attachment 626286
My issue is this does not belong in EPCOT, it seems to me it would fit better in Animal Kingdom.

If feels like when they were deciding what to put in EPCOT, they had all the possibilities on a dart board, put on a blindfold and threw a dart to decide.

And what are they doing in the Moana dirt pile? Every time I see photos, it looks worse, not better, like they are working in reverse!

At this point i am just looking forward to the walls coming down no matter what we end up with.
A Journey of Water leading to The Seas isn't thematic?

Would that every "Future World" pavilion had such a well-developed thematic frontage other than 'nice landscaping.'

Disstevefan1

Would that every "Future World" pavilion had such a well-developed thematic frontage other than 'nice landscaping.'
The original Living Seas really had that Edutainment vibe. That went away when nemo moved in so we really have no choice but to rationalize Moana is somehow frontage to Nemo.

I must say, there is nothing better than stepping into The Nemo building on a hot day - fabulous!

Unless they have cranked down the AC due to COVID. Every cost saving move they make for the next 10 years will be blamed on COVID..

Vegas Disney Fan

View attachment 626286

I was thinking more of an overview rather than one scene, they’ve been so quiet on this I can’t figure what it’s going to be, the Epcot artwork made it look like a few tree lined trails with streams and a few waterfalls but the amount of infrastructure, metal, and concrete going in seems much larger in scale.

I don’t think anyone, other than the designers and builders, have any idea what we’re ultimately getting.

Bocabear

I would have been more on board with this if it didn't jut out into the core...Like the first thing you see after passing under Spaceship Earth's magnificent theme building is Moana Whatever it is and don't call it a splashpad thing... Like this amazing futurist building followed by a Polynesian waterfall garden not-a-play-structure-thing...It would be gorgeous in the Animal Kingdom...but it doesn't seem to fit the park...especially at that particular location... but I guess we will see what we get...

WDWJoeG

I would have been more on board with this if it didn't jut out into the core...Like the first thing you see after passing under Spaceship Earth's magnificent theme building is Moana Whatever it is and don't call it a splashpad thing... Like this amazing futurist building followed by a Polynesian waterfall garden not-a-play-structure-thing...It would be gorgeous in the Animal Kingdom...but it doesn't seem to fit the park...especially at that particular location... but I guess we will see what we get...
An addition like this shows there is no vision and all of the hip Imagineers wearing retro Epcot t-shirts trying to convince us "they get it" isn't helping.

BrianLo

A lot of work for something I am already disappointed with. I will look on the bright side, when Moana is eventually completed, the Harmonious barges will no longer the worst thing built in EPCOT..

Pshh, get with the times. The Guardians ship stand is the worst thing in Epcot. Soon to be replaced by Connections Cafe.

Harmonious is one popcorn bucket (and a CEO) away from being a classic.

Casper Gutman

How far away will this be from Seas? How does a Moana attraction segue into a Nemo ride? From a design perspective, how does it make sense that Seas has a “lead in” landscape feature that stretches to the core when every other Future World pavilion is largely self-contained?

The Seas line reeks of post hoc justification, and the Moana rocks seem like lonely remnants of some earlier, more ambitious plan (which we know they are, but I’m talking about some OTHER, more coherent plan).

Disstevefan1

I was thinking more of an overview rather than one scene, they’ve been so quiet on this I can’t figure what it’s going to be, the Epcot artwork made it look like a few tree lined trails with streams and a few waterfalls but the amount of infrastructure, metal, and concrete going in seems much larger in scale.

I don’t think anyone, other than the designers and builders, have any idea what we’re ultimately getting.
I think the designers had a design then the accountants made their cost saving cuts and no one really knows what we will end up with so there is literally no renderings of what we will end of with because no one knows.

Whatever it is, there looks to be a lot of work going on; a lot of holes and dirt piles. It really looks like 90 percent of the work is infrastructure and the remaining 10 percent is what we will see above ground level.

My expectations are extremely low so whatever we get will seen acceptable.

Rambozo

Anything Moana should be in Adventureland or at the Poly. Even Disney knows it, they've already rethemed the rooms to her at the Poly.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Anything Moana should be in Adventureland or at the Poly. Even Disney knows it, they've already rethemed the rooms to her at the Poly.
Trying to keep IP out of EPCOT is not a losing battle. It's an already-lost one.

At least the Journey of Water has the hope of being the edutainment version of The Water Cycle we all learned in 5th grade Earth Science. And it's next to The Seas, which already has its IP in the form of Nemo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom