Journey Into The Imagination With Figment has windows problem

NowInc

It is 2k..the "details" button gives that away...

...it is an application error..NOT a windows screw up ;)

......and i really wont get into my MAC debacle ;)

MrPromey

Originally posted by NowInc

I know. I tried to be good myself. Instead of posting the five paragraphs that I'd typed last night I decided to just let everyone know I was being "good". I just couldn't hold in any longer. That Mac was one of the worst investments I've ever made. I bought it so that I could do some preflight stuff that I couldn't get away with on a PC due to problems with some Mac files on PCs. These days I have software that handles all the problems and let's me work on them and then send them out the same way they came in... Now if only I could convince them to change over the 200 or so stations at work and train everyone (many of which have been here doing this stuff since before computers and only know how to use Macs) on how to use them! :rolleyes: ... And then maybe they will get smart and dump Quark for Indesign at the same time... Oh, one can dream. <sigh> :(

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Originally posted by NowInc
It is 2k..the "details" button gives that away...

...it is an application error..NOT a windows screw up ;)

well I couldnt get to the "details" button

Yes its an application error BUT most likely caused by windows ;)

MAC hmm I grew up using macs then moved over to pc's and also linux

So funny -- my husband and I work for the same company. I'm on a PC, he uses a Mac. My PC crashes about 4 times per day. His mac almost never crashes. His 800MHz G4 Mac is WAY faster than my 1.2GHz PC. We have a mac at home and I would never use anything else if I chose my work PC. My mother-in-law could totally do one of the switch adds -- she wanted a laptop to replace her existing PC and after looking at all the options for her we convinced her that for what she uses an iBook would be way better. She ADORES it and uses it constantly.

I don't know any of you, but the people I find that dislike macs are mostly those who learned on PCs first and can't change their train of thought. I've been using both for about 12 years and would choose a Mac hands down every time.

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Originally posted by Married@WDW
So funny -- my husband and I work for the same company. I'm on a PC, he uses a Mac. My PC crashes about 4 times per day. His mac almost never crashes. His 800MHz G4 Mac is WAY faster than my 1.2GHz PC. We have a mac at home and I would never use anything else if I chose my work PC. My mother-in-law could totally do one of the switch adds -- she wanted a laptop to replace her existing PC and after looking at all the options for her we convinced her that for what she uses an iBook would be way better. She ADORES it and uses it constantly.

I don't know any of you, but the people I find that dislike macs are mostly those who learned on PCs first and can't change their train of thought. I've been using both for about 12 years and would choose a Mac hands down every time.

hehe well I grew up using MACs earliest picture of me on a mac is 2nd grade using the nice 5n quater floppies with the hole punched in it to make it double sided (YA BABY we where so l33t and c00L back then)

I still have our first mac we owned Perfoma 630 running a cool 33mhz and I think 250meg drive

I also have an original 128k mac that still works.

Then I moved over to PCs for college life since I was doing programming at the time etc.

Then I went ubber geek, and started learning Linux which I am still terrible at.

Where I work uses many flavors of windows, novell, and unix/linux

MrPromey

Originally posted by Married@WDW

What version of Windows are you running?

As for the learned on the pc thing I've pretty much found the same to be more true of people who started out on Macs... Why anyone would have "trouble" on a mac is beyond me because I think it is AOL simple but that same simplicity still aggravates me to no end. Until OS X, they didn't have support for true multi-tasking. I used to hear people walk around saying Windows 95 = Apple 84 but up until about a year ago, the Mac system could only handle one active program at a time. Things like the lack of a two button mouse drove me up a wall at first because it meant using more menus or trying to remember more quick keys... :)

isnet396

Originally posted by isnet396
...Nothing says "Have a nice flight!" better than a fatal exception error......

Ian

Attachments

• airport_gpf.jpg
    airport_gpf.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 243

Jonº0º

Re: Re: To Mac or no

Originally posted by MrPromey

...despite their marketing, is shrinking) than supporting the single industry that has kept them alive since windows 95 hit the market (the DTP world), and you now have a few of the reasons that the Mac I have at home will probably be the last one I buy. Apple is slowly loosing ground in their own heavy market as well. I do most of my freelance work on a PC and none of the print houses I've dealt with have ever had a problem with it. :)

I have worked in the commercial offset industry for many years, for large corporations in the North East and also for Print Shops of all sizes and I can say with out a doubt, that all PC fliles to film or DTP are a problem (not so for PDF's but that workflow has other problems).
When I find a client that inststs on working in PC, I charge them 10% or 20% more for the prepress work and have my people re-do the file in Mac Quark. This has become an industry standard is not usually communicated to the customer. This is why printers want to make the changes to reprints, we dont want to re-re-do the file again.

Look at it this way
Mac= unique, first, different, maybe like Disney
PC= safe, popular, normal, maybe like Six Flags

MaElStRoMROCKS

Account Suspended
thank god people was safe!!!

I just thinking and i think that imagine if this happened to the RIDE and not just GAME? OH NO it would have been scary people could have tipped over!!!

I think we all should make a new rule that if Journey In the Imagionation Paviliioon is not safe we should none of us ride it! Everyone respond that you agree to my rule and i'll tell Disney!!!

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Re: thank god people was safe!!!

Originally posted by MaElStRoMROCKS
I just thinking and i think that imagine if this happened to the RIDE and not just GAME? OH NO it would have been scary people could have tipped over!!!

I think we all should make a new rule that if Journey In the Imagionation Paviliioon is not safe we should none of us ride it! Everyone respond that you agree to my rule and i'll tell Disney!!!

In response to your question the rides themselves are on systems that have allot more checks n balances. If a part of the ride "fails" the system would catch it, and most likely stop the ride, and would alert the operators. as far as tipping over in the vehicles it is not possible the vehicles in the attraction are very low to the ground so even if wheels popped off the most the car(s) would do is lurch to one side they would not tip like in a ferris wheel.

As far as a rule for the pavilion, and or any attraction Disney has plenty of signs warning guests of any health, or physical problems you should be clear of before getting onboard, an attraction. Does this stop people with conditions from riding the attraction..No but thats not Disneys fault.

This was a minor issue with a piece of software running atop an Operating System. This game does not have nor probably ever will have the checks n balances that attractions have.

Disney is huge on Safety we all know that. They would not risk a lawsuit over any ride, show, or event

It would be like letting people ride Rockin Roller Coaster with no over headbar's its just not going to happen

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Re: thank god people was safe!!!

Originally posted by MaElStRoMROCKS

You go ahead and tell Disney. I'd take some classes on spelling and punctuation first, though.

darthdarrel

Ever since I got Norton systemworks 2002 I have not had any errors or crashes!Excet a couple of times my comp has frozen,don`t know what happened there! LOL!

isnet396

You know whats odd? My CELL PHONE froze yesterday. I was IMing my friend, and it just wouldn't do anything. I had to take the battery out and replace it to "reboot". Its a Nokia 6360 from AT&T.

Ian

Fido

Originally posted by isnet396
You know whats odd? My CELL PHONE froze yesterday. I was IMing my friend, and it just wouldn't do anything. I had to take the battery out and replace it to "reboot". Its a Nokia 6360 from AT&T.

Ian

Well you should have bought a Mac cellphone instead of a Nokia. Since Macs are...well...you know...godlike and stuff.
:hammer: :veryconfu :brick: :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom