Journey Into The Imagination With Figment has windows problem

isnet396

-sigh- My brother has a mac. It looks a lot nicer than my comp, but the sound system sucks! I've got Dolby 5.1 Altec Lansing THX Edition!!! :D

Ian

Invero

Originally posted by isnet396
You know whats odd? My CELL PHONE froze yesterday. I was IMing my friend, and it just wouldn't do anything. I had to take the battery out and replace it to "reboot". Its a Nokia 6360 from AT&T.

Every so often, my cable box crashes, or freezes, and then it will automatically reboot... it actually does reboot... takes a minute or two... The thing even has a USB port on the back, and I think a Flash card slot in the front... lol...

What's next? A Microwave with a printer attatchement? (Although, my microwave does have a "HELP" button... lol)

Attachments

• cable.jpg
    cable.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 131

isnet396

That seems to be a problem with several Digital Cable services now. In the NY Metro area, Cablevision is our provider....unfortunantly. Anyway, they have iO, or Interactive Optimum Digital Cable Service. Cablevision has always pushed for newer technology, and they pushed Sony so much for new cable boxes that they have so many bugs. My friends have it and they say it crashes all the time. They have to turn it off and on. The boxes run about $350 for the company, but consumers don't pay nearly that much.

Ian

Invero

My cable really doesn't crash that often... maybe once every 4 months or so... and I usually just get a kick out of it. I'm not sure what brand TimeWarner uses... it says "Scientific Atlanta" on the front, and the software says "Pioneer" *shrug* Dont know, dont care. But the VOD (Video On Demand) feature is pretty cool. I can watch, pause, stop, fast forward, and rewind digital movies on HBO or Pay Per View...

orlpassholder

Original Poster
TWC digital user here also

I actually have a pic of when the HBO on demand failed the other day at my house. It gave the file name and everything that wasnt working properly.

Ours reboots also ever so often. Odd thing is these digital boxes are almost like pc. I was told by a tech they actually have their IP scheme that id's the box. So yes if they told the truth the Digital boxes call home

They are still cool I would love to find a dead one just to open and play around.

I wonder with the USB port could I hook and port linux to it LOL

MaElStRoMROCKS

Account Suspended
Your words are not smart

Originally posted by orlpassholder

It would be like letting people ride Rockin Roller Coaster with no over headbar's its just not going to happen

no no no its not right because i've been on LOTs of roller coaster that do full loopings without the headbar thing you talk about! WOW and you guys laugh at ME!!!!!1

Michael Darling

Actually, just a lapbar won't cut it on RnRC because it goes through corkscrews, an element where there aren't always high positive G's. There really nees to be something to keep your knees bent so that you don't slip out. For instance: Flight of Fear at Paramount's Kings Island (Premier LIM launched coaster, similar to RnRC) opened with Horescollars (Not OSTRs, which made it quite painful) but was retrofitted with lapbars and shin bars. The lapbars are traditional-ish lap bars (I believe they're T-bars) and the shin bars merely keep your knees bent so that you don't budge in your seat.

Something similar to this is seen on Son of Beast, also at PKI. It's a wooden coaster with a vertical loop for those of you who dont' know. There is a traditional lap bar but the floor of the car is raised so that it's impossible to extend your legs and your knees must be kept bent. There is no way in heck you're moving out of that.

RobFL

Account Suspended
Aww...

For the longest time I thought the Scorpion at Bush Garden Tampa was the only roller coaster with a loop that used only a lap bar.

Sort of a bummer..

-Rob

figmentmom

Originally posted by orlpassholder
The application that is suppose to be running is called "Alley" Time for a reboot

HA!!!!!!!!!!

So nice to see that Disney has the same problems with its computers as the rest of us mere mortals!!!!!!!:lol:

KevinPage

As a roller coaster "nut" (been on over 150) you can have just a lap bar AND have corkscrews and other elements, BUT as they do on Flight of Fear and Son of Beast at PKI, you are more down into the seat than you would normally be.

The designer of Flight of Fear(Premier Rides) at both PKI & PKD (King's Dominion in VA) also designed Batman and Robin: The Chiller @ SF GAdv & Joker's Jinx at SFA (Six Flags America).

All these rides have had their OTSR taken out over the last few years since they were head banging rides that people simply did not enjoy. Most of the time a OTSR is there just for the visual safety of the guest (as in California Screamin at DCA)

But then you have older coasters designed by the late Anton Schwarkopf, that feature regular loops, and only a lap bar (first modern day to do it). SuperDooperLooper @ HersheyPark, Scorpion @ BGT, Montezuma's Revenge @ KBF to name a few.

Also take note, the older Anton coaster loops are more round than the traditional ones built nowadays by B&M (Batman, Kumba, Montu, Kraken, Hulk, Dueling Dragons, etc, etc.) which is in the shape of a tear drop. Resulting in less G foirce on the rider as compared with the older rides. (But all the B&M coasters feature OTSR)

Lesson over :)

mickeyfanatics

Back on the Mac vs. PC comparison, my Mac at work crashes 10 times more often than my PC running Windows XP at home. My Windows XP machine also handles multitasking better, and does not lose its ethernet connection as often.

Testtrack321

Originally posted by mickeyfanatics
Back on the Mac vs. PC comparison, my Mac at work crashes 10 times more often than my PC running Windows XP at home. My Windows XP machine also handles multitasking better, and does not lose its ethernet connection as often.

Well that depends on what Mac you have.

I'm guessing an old Powermac (grey outside) around 400mhz runnig OS 8 or 9. Your PC is probably a 1.__ ghz XP machiene. But really, what are the specs.

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by MrNonacho
This happens from time to time, often with on-ride photo systems. The most recent time I've seen a problem was last Tuesday with ToT. One side's pictures were coming up scrambled. Some tech guys came out and started fiddling with it, and up on the monitor you could see the Windows desktop for a while.

When you're waiting in line at Splash Mountain and in you're in the corridor right before you get ready to get in the boat, there's a computer monitor that displays pictures of people going over the big drop. I noticed that this machine was still running Windows 3.1 because I saw the words "PROGRAM MANAGER" at the top of the screen. Are there computers laying around at WDW that still use Windows 3.1?

MrPromey

Originally posted by isnet396
My brother has a new iMac. They have almost invincible CD Writing buffer. You don't get that on windows.

Ian

Boy, I’m going to be writing a lot of replies to this thread. :rolleyes:

Not sure how it works on a Mac but on a PC, the buffer size is determined by the manufacturer of the burner. It has nothing to do with the rest of the system. In any event, the size of the buffer is more or less irrelevant these days thanks to burn proof technology that provides buffer underrun prevention. I’ve had a drive with this for over a year now and have never produced a coaster from it even when running programs that are VERY demanding of system resources at the same time.

MrPromey

Originally posted by Testtrack321

Well that depends on what Mac you have.

I'm guessing an old Powermac (grey outside) around 400mhz runnig OS 8 or 9. Your PC is probably a 1.__ ghz XP machiene. But really, what are the specs.

Well, a 400mhz should be reasonably comparable to a 1ghz PC. As for the OS version, while it is true that OS 10 finally offers true multitasking support (even with the way overpriced 10.2 upgrade) it runs slower – if more reliable - than OS 9 on the same systems. I get this from experience as well as from the mouth of our head of IT who is a “Mac Genus”. (for those who don’t know, that’s an actual title that Apple gives to its own trained technicians)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom