Journey into Imagination

beanboon

Actually the top of the dark pyramid is visible from inside the first attraction in the chain of attractions upstairs. The room where you had a paintbrush that you could shoot color onto black and white vacu-form shapes had a high pyramid shaped ceiling (still does actually) and you can see all the way up.

Just AFTER the Sensory Tunnel there was a doorway to the right that was secured. It said something about Kodak and it being a secret lab or something. Can you see this on your blueprints and make any sense out of it Marni?

This room had the tv screens that I believe you'd touch to find out information. I don't remember this room too well.

There was also a double door leading out of this room after the tunnel that led off to the right. It had no handles, but you could see light leaking from between the doors. Marni?

The next room in the progression was the stepping stones room. In the far right back corner was a doorway (hidden in the wall) that led to a small room with a small spiral staircase that took you above the ceiling in the stepping stones room for servicing the lights.

Next up was the round room with the backlit world map (is this right?). There was a cutout of the dreamfinder blimp that moved over it if I remember right.

The rest of the stuff was more or less behind the clear pyramid, including the symphony where you'd conduct the orchestra and a few other things.

marni1971 said:
Martin digs out his plans... oops!

Grizz is absolutley correct. The pavilion blueprint has a very large room behind the Magic Eye theatre screen marked as VIP lounge. Its wider than the theatre, indeed runs the width of the preshow theatre too including offices and toilets, and about a 3rd as long. The entrance is along the long sloping ramp that runs outside to the South East of the theatre building. My mistake - although I have seen a park photo taken from inside the 2nd pyramid (definatley not the larger pyramid) - anyone have any idea what is/was in here? The more I think about the layout of Imageworks, the more it is possible part of it was in the lower section of the 2nd pyramid, with false windows of course. That being the case, whats the chances of another small floor above this area in the top of the pyramid??

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ahh - it rears its ugly head again....

I is a he! Thanks Pumba - yes it is :lol:

Marni was a nickname from an old friend who is no longer with us. Long story, to do with stubble and The Flintstones. Don`t ask. I took the nick Marni (see above) and 1971 (Birth year) without knowing it was a female name in the US. Hey ho.

Back on topic - I`m interested in any more info about the elusive smaller pyramid. When I videoed the Imageworks in 1990 I didn`t shot enough areas for reference - I`m going to go back through my tapes and try again.

Brian_B

I was at imagination 2 days ago - rode it for the first time in awhile, and man it made me wish it was 1993 or so. Anyway, I always gawk up the stairs and wish the old imageworks was open. I was talking to a CM there about the old ride, and believe it or not you can still tell where the old track was/is right there near the stairs. There's a long ribbon of hollow right in the floor of the current imagination gift shop where the old ride track obviously used to be. As you walk towards the exit door, it's right after the big wall of sample photographs you can buy (on the right hand side), and after the crystal engraving booth on the left...before the spiral stairs, obviously. If you know what you're looking (feeling?) for, it's VERY easy to tell where this is.

-Brian

beanboon

If you look at the pictures that showed up here awhile ago (and were quickly removed) you can see the paint brush game with the black and white vacu-formed graphics up on the walls. Those walls are the ceiling actually and are the underside of the dark pyramid (note the slope). You don't really notice unless you look straight up, but once you do it's pretty obvious!

Marni, any ideas about the Kodak lab up there and the double doors to the right just before the stepping stones room? The Kodak door was locked and like I said the double doors had no handles..

marni1971 said:
Ahh - it rears its ugly head again....

I is a he! Thanks Pumba - yes it is :lol:

Marni was a nickname from an old friend who is no longer with us. Long story, to do with stubble and The Flintstones. Don`t ask. I took the nick Marni (see above) and 1971 (Birth year) without knowing it was a female name in the US. Hey ho.

Back on topic - I`m interested in any more info about the elusive smaller pyramid. When I videoed the Imageworks in 1990 I didn`t shot enough areas for reference - I`m going to go back through my tapes and try again.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Jedi - got it. Good idea. You never know if you don`t try.

Unfortunatley when I bought the Imagination blueprint I could only afford the ground floor. Doh. I`ve pulled every video and still I have, and come up with the plan below. beanboon was correct about the 2nd pyramid :) and I`m 99% certain thats where the sensor tunnel was. Now, I`m still missing the Stepping Tones (other side of the sensor maze?) Vibrating mirrors, Kaleidoscopes, the laser orchestra, large translucent plastic walls and bubble music. Can anyone help place these? I`ll have a go at incorporating what beanboon said on the previous page assuming the sensory tunnel is in the correct place. This would make sense since the Imageworks floorplan runs further downwards than my plan does, but not that much more to the right.

Oh the fun we have.....

Attachments

• Imageworks map copy.jpg
    Imageworks map copy.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 73

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
In two years, I will apply to become a CM at Disney. I am hoping that my request to work at Epcot in JIYI will give me an oppurtunity to go upstairs, throught eh light tunnel and see what is left. Plus, I really want to see the CM Lounge there...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom