Journey Into Imagination With Figment To Be Replaced With An Inside Out Attraction?

Cmdr_Crimson

Lady and the Tramp is a masterpiece. The fuss over the Siamese cats is idiotic. The muppet show, by contrast, is anything but a masterpiece. It was a fad, and it was extremely mean-spirited and violent. Perhaps you can tell us why Disney hasn't released the rest of the seasons. Let's hear your "logic".
Weird thing is...They are only throwing it all to Lady & The Tramp.....Yet many forget the "other" film the Aristocats that had a siemese cat and even more comical with the voice of Tigger coming out of him...

FigmentFan82

And I’m just sitting here reading this all with this...
E1286A30-C8F5-4E7D-8906-2693BE3957AC.jpeg

FigmentJedi

I've got an idea what to do with the Grand Arts Theater after the puppets are evicted from it: replace them with a mash-up 3D movie of Star vs. The Forces of Evil, Amphibia, and the Owl House. Three great NEW shows that are Disney-created, original, and pretty entertaining, PLUS kids like them. Win-win!
Star already ended on an unsatisfying note with a bad final season that climaxed on magical genocide and Amphibia has been using Kermit the Frog constantly in promoting the show and presenting him as a consultant. Like the promise of getting to see a Muppet in person was how they got people into the D23 panel for the show. Wouldn't be surprised if they end up pulling the same stunt Big City Greens did with Fozzie and have Kermit do a guest spot.

Perhaps you can tell us why Disney hasn't released the rest of the seasons. Let's hear your "logic".
Disney's apathy and reluctance towards releasing their own shows on DVD is legendary, like to the point where the Disney cartoon "Pickle and Peanut" built an entire episode around a stand-in for Talespin's Baloo being extremely bitter about his show never getting a DVD release. Combine that with the music licensing issues surrounding the Muppet Show and there you go.

Last edited:

brb1006

What the heck is wrong with you people? Muppets still make money, Figment still makes money. I posted a darn potential storyline that I know was a real thing for a while in WDI and this is how you decide to take it? By some kinda macho fight between Muppets and Figment and somehow Dreamfinder? Geez. You guys need to get a life, that’s not what this is about.

Let’s look at some actual facts:

Figment only exists in Epcot. Very rarely do you see his merch outside the park, and even then it doesn’t do that well. Figment does not sell as well as you might expect, simply because very few people outside of the fan community know who he is or even care to know.

Dreamfinder is even lesser known. He is basically a dead character, and he’s not coming back. You can enjoy references to the old days and Ron Schneider can write another book about him (although honestly he did so many other fun things in his career besides Dreamfinder, I’m not sure why he would write about the dragon again), but that’s not going to bring him back. Even Tony Baxter has admitted the ride never performed up to expectations. You’re glorifying a ride and character that doesn’t appear to have much relevance anymore, and everyone, including its creators, know it. So give up on him already.

Finally, the Muppets. I don’t have a clue if the project concept I shared is even alive anymore. For all I know that concept might be dead. But what I do know is that there is a huge push to make a successful Muppets show again for Disney+. That’s more than I can say about Figment and Dreamfinder, who’s comic book isn’t even selling well. And that’s just a comic book. No one in the company seems to be willing to invest in Figment and Dreamfinder. But the Muppets, they have a worldwide following, thanks to Jim Henson, and actually a surprisingly well-received amount of Pizza-Hut commercials years back. If you’re going to put one against the other, the Muppets will ALWAYS come out above Dreamfinder and Figment in terms of Worldwide awareness and popularity. Anyone who argues otherwise is a complete fool and is out-of-touch with any demographic. And the fact that Disney+ is about to do a show about the Muppets proves that.

But that’s not why we are here, we’re here to discuss the future of the Imagination pavilion. Which is in limbo. Which has multiple concepts for replacements. Which no one seems to be talking about which one has been settled upon. So for the sake of Pete, please stop bickering about some insane Muppets vs Dreamfinder & Figment war. Your own opinions are irrelevant. The facts are apparent, and I’ve described what has been happening. Now just wait and see what happens until we have more news about this project.
You didn't have to be that harsh man. Also Figment was lucky enough to star in his own edutainment series from 1988-1989.

erasure fan1

Lady and the Tramp is a masterpiece. The fuss over the Siamese cats is idiotic. The muppet show, by contrast, is anything but a masterpiece. It was a fad, and it was extremely mean-spirited and violent. Perhaps you can tell us why Disney hasn't released the rest of the seasons. Let's hear your "logic".
First off I have no issues with lady and the tramp. I agree that the PC issues are ridiculous. My point was you can't call one PC issue "idiotic" and then condemn another for the same thing. And as far as the rest of the seasons, my logic is this. At last check there are licensing issues holding things up. They do not own the muppet show rights outright. Just because they own the characters, doesn't mean they have control of everything they produced. If you think for a second that Disney wouldn't want all of the episodes of the muppet show on D+, where they absolutely need content, you're crazy. You can call them a fad if you want. You'd be wrong, but you can. Sure they were at there most popular during the mid 70s through the 80s. But 5 seasons of the show, multiple TV specials and multiple movies hardly constitutes a fad. You might not like it, but Kermit and gang are still some of the most recognized characters in the world.

The Visionary Soul

You didn't have to be that harsh man. Also Figment was lucky enough to star in his own edutainment series from 1988-1989.
Eh, you're right, I didn't have to be, but after reading literally multiple pages of people bickering about Muppets vs Figment and Dreamfinder, I figured someone had to do something, and since I'm the one who let the proverbial, "Cat outta the bag", I figured that someone should be me. Maybe I was a little harsh, and I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but I posted that with the goal of just getting it to all stop. And yes, Figment was lucky in that series back in the late 80s... which is like 30 years ago.

FigmentJedi

Eh, you're right, I didn't have to be, but after reading literally multiple pages of people bickering about Muppets vs Figment and Dreamfinder, I figured someone had to do something, and since I'm the one who let the proverbial, "Cat outta the bag", I figured that someone should be me. Maybe I was a little harsh, and I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but I posted that with the goal of just getting it to all stop. And yes, Figment was lucky in that series back in the late 80s... which is like 30 years ago.
It should also be brought up that the comics were great sellers, like enough to get Iger's attention and apparently even enough to get movie talks briefly going. The issue was more that the other Disney Kingdoms books weren't as successful and I believe one of the main Imagineers that was involved in the supervision/producer side of that comic line ended up leaving the company to become a writer for the Evermore park in Utah, so any momentum to keep Disney Kingdoms going after Tiki Room bombed was kinda gone.

brb1006

It may had been made 30 years ago. But it was the only time Figment was able to get exposure outside of the original attraction before the Marvel Figment comics existed.

Here's just some of the episodes.

The Visionary Soul

Yeesh, there sure is some vitriol. I wouldn’t count Dreamfinder out. Far from a dead character. His time could come again.
I would. 😂 If he comes back from the dead, that’s another story, but currently, he’s dead as a door nail. Look at Google Trends if you want some stats. Very few people care about him anymore.

ImperfectPixie

I would. 😂 If he comes back from the dead, that’s another story, but currently, he’s dead as a door nail. Look at Google Trends if you want some stats. Very few people care about him anymore.
I would call that a pretty huge assumption. Just because people aren't googling him doesn't mean few people care about him. Visit any Disney Facebook group and ask who would like to see Dreamfinder come back.

UNCgolf

This isn't really relevant -- it doesn't matter if people care about him right now.

If Disney builds a great Imagination ride that includes Dreamfinder (and I think it has to have him if they're keeping Figment -- I don't think Figment works well as a character on his own), both he and the ride will be popular. The quality of the ride is what matters.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Disney really has no idea what to do with the Muppets. There is SO much potential there... if they'd just use it properly

and not this muppets most wanted crap they did. I actually like the ABC show (that didn't last long) but it wasn't very kid friendly I guess you could say.

FigmentForver96

No, please do. This made my morning. Both sides need a wake up call on where things really stand and I say this as a HUGE figment fan.

Haymarket2008

Just like how no one was going on or ever liked Horizons, right? Sorry, but that is a claim that you can’t really back up.

PizzaPlanet

...so what are the chances we also get a new version of Honey I Shrunk the Audience?

The Visionary Soul

This isn't really relevant -- it doesn't matter if people care about him right now.

If Disney builds a great Imagination ride that includes Dreamfinder (and I think it has to have him if they're keeping Figment -- I don't think Figment works well as a character on his own), both he and the ride will be popular. The quality of the ride is what matters.
That’s based on what a small group of fans think. The ride could be successful or it could be an abysmal failure. Why would I take the risk?

If I say here is 200 million dollars to use on a state of the art dark ride, would you bet it on a well known current relevant brand that has synergistic opportunities like Black Panther or on Dreamfinder and Figment? Or would I just make another Black Panther movie? You’re not just competing with the other classic rides, this isn’t a game. It’s the best use of the company’s money, and no one is going to bet on Dreamfinder as a sure-fire success. Give it a rest.

UNCgolf

That’s based on what a small group of fans think. The ride could be successful or it could be an abysmal failure. Why would I take the risk?

If I say here is 200 million dollars to use on a state of the art dark ride, would you bet it on a well known current relevant brand that has synergistic opportunities like Black Panther or on Dreamfinder and Figment? Or would I just make another Black Panther movie? You’re not just competing with the other classic rides, this isn’t a game. It’s the best use of the company’s money, and no one is going to bet on Dreamfinder as a sure-fire success. Give it a rest.

Wow, the point really flew right over your head, didn't it?

The best use of the company's money is building a great ride. The IP in use is irrelevant. A bad Black Panther ride would be worse for the company than a good Dreamfinder/Figment ride, and a bad Dreamfinder/Figment ride would be worse for the company than any good ride they built regardless of what IP is or isn't attached to it.

The Visionary Soul

Just like how no one was going on or ever liked Horizons, right? Sorry, but that is a claim that you can’t really back up.
Horizons is dead too. The only people googling Horizons are the ones looking up a mis-attributed Walt Disney Quote and some obsessed people that want to re-live their childhood memories (I’m one of the later). But it’s not coming back either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom