Journey Into Imagination Photos

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Walt Disney World Village - 1974/5 (intended to be the shopping area for the LBV residential community)

River Country - 1976 :wave:

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Okay. Bear in mind they are mainly exterior pics, not ride photos. I`ve a few interior shots here and there. For the original ride pick up my JII - Martins Ultimate Tribute video for a full multicam - source audio ridethru with concept and construction section.

-for free, as always, at the usual places :D

Martin, any pictures (even exterior ones) you have would be greatly appreciated. If it's too much trouble, don't worry about it, but they would be great to see!

I already have both of your tribute videos to JII, although if anyone else here is looking for JII video, I'd strongly recommend it!

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Well believe it or not I found the image Swimming on the web..It's not a poster but at least you can do something with it!

http://www.bigbrian-nc.com/0100-/50153-800.jpg

I don't know how I missed this post before (while this functions as one, it is not a veiled excuse for a bump) thanks for the find, this is definitely a scan of the postcard (all of the postcards for JII produced at that time have rounded corners like those seen in the scan). Where/how did you find this image? I have nothing but time at work, and am trying to find all the JII/Figment pictures I can.

jeffb

WDWFigment -

Brians website http://www.bigbrian-nc.com/pctoc.htm has many if not all the WDW postcards so you should be able to find a bunch of them there. It is a great site.

Jeff

I don't know how I missed this post before (while this functions as one, it is not a veiled excuse for a bump) thanks for the find, this is definitely a scan of the postcard (all of the postcards for JII produced at that time have rounded corners like those seen in the scan). Where/how did you find this image? I have nothing but time at work, and am trying to find all the JII/Figment pictures I can.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Oops.... I forgot this thread! I scanned the large photos I mentioned earlier too but forgot to upload them. Remind me later in the week :wave:

cb3k

I went to WDW in 1993 and there was definately a Downtown Disney called the Marketplace. I distinctively remember the giant kaleidoscope which is now a clock by the World Of Disney store. I'm not sure but I believe River Country was around as well back then. The crowds weren't nearly as large as they are today. Epcot was new and everyone wanted to go because no one had ever done a theame park like that before.
Yes, in 1993 these places you speak of were there. However, the picture was from 1983!

raven

Yes, in 1993 these places you speak of were there. However, the picture was from 1983!

Sorry that was a typo. I was there in '83, a year after EPCOT Center openned and went to the Village Marketplace as it was known then. I bought a picture book of WDW at that time and since there were only 2 parks and it showed other places of the property. If anyone else has this book they could possibly scan the picture and post it.

I went to WDW in 1993 ....I distinctively remember the giant kaleidoscope which is now a clock by the World Of Disney store.

Sometime memory can be deceving, the World of Disney Store Didn't open till 1996 and the Kaleidosocpe, wasn't built untill 1999.

Epcot was new and everyone wanted to go because no one had ever done a theame park like that before.[/qoute]

By 1993 Epcot was already 10 years old, not quite a new park everyone was clamering to get into.

jeffb

You used to be able to buy thiis pic at WDW, this is slide EC16-3. Unfortunately, the slide is in so-so condition (after 25 years of storage).

1235240441_d9cb1b92f7_o.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom