Journey Into Imagination Building

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
bdhowell said:
Most of the attractions are still there (or were there when I was up there in 2001). Attractions like the rainbow tunnel, magical coloring book, and the old melody maker are still up there. It is sad but cool. :(

Does anyone have any pictures of the old rainbow tunnel, et. al?

Thanks!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yes, thanks :lol:

Like this -

Attachments

• PDVD_101.jpg
    PDVD_101.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 444
  • PDVD_102.jpg
    PDVD_102.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 435
  • PDVD_103.jpg
    PDVD_103.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 437

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
marni1971 said:
Yes, thanks :lol:

Like this -

That's stock photography from old Disney advertisements. I was hoping that a CM would be able to take a picture or two of the tunnel as it stands now.

PurpleDragon

jedimaster1227 said:
Now the only question is what parts of the original ride are still left, because the newer version is fairly small compared to the origional.

Yes I'd be curious to know if any of the original attraction is still intact or being stored somewhere. I'm sure if it had been torn down we would have seen it on ebay by now.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
ntn_haqqer said:
That's stock photography from old Disney advertisements. I was hoping that a CM would be able to take a picture or two of the tunnel as it stands now.

Actually, the 2 non Dreamfinder pics are from my own home video. Try to be more specific with your questions. As stated above, any lower ranked CM with any desire to stay working for TWDC wouldn`t risk taking pictures, and any management wouldn`t want to admit to the waste of space up there.

Do a thread search - the comparisons between the original ride layout and the current excuse are well documented, along with plans. Also documented is what is up there now, and where (very few) of the props that were saved currently are.

General Grizz

From what I understand, the lights have been removed from the tunnel.

I would NOT advise anyone to go up there unless they have permission from some sort of tour or permissable private function. Write Disney, ask for a reopening, but don't cause an annoyance.

aklodge

General Grizz said:
From what I understand, the lights have been removed from the tunnel.

I would NOT advise anyone to go up there unless they have permission from some sort of tour or permissable private function. Write Disney, ask for a reopening, but don't cause an annoyance.

Yea, I agree with Grizz. I dont think anyone should go up there, b/c you never know what the consequences might be. Just not a good idea.

Chape19714

^^agreed.

Just so you know, The Enterance to Tom Morrow's Playground at Innoventions has some striking resmebelence to the rainbow tunnel, but is smaller.

The Escalator still exists, I saw it running the other day.

Legacy

marni1971 said:
Hmmm... pictures we should not `ve seen???

That thread seems to have gone like Horizons.
Hey Marni... can you post the Imagination Pavillion blueprint again? I'm playing with a re-write that utilizes a lot of the current system and I want to see how it would work.

JonnyK

yeah thats the url for the 800 x 600 pictures and for some reason they have been removed. Maybe they dont have permission to show it. I wanna see it again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom