Josh D'Amaro comments on rising prices and "additional" or removed services: "An inevitable result of progress"

Lilofan

No one is saying they shouldn't make money. They are more than welcome to make more money. It's the constantly lowering the experience that chaps most people's butts.
Lowering the experience in the parks goes hand in hand with lower guest spending. However that example doesn't fly. It has been an increase in guest spending in the quarterly earnings call Bob has with Wall Street.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Lowering the experience in the parks goes hand in hand with lower guest spending. However that example doesn't fly. It has been an increase in guest spending in the quarterly earnings call Bob has with Wall Street.
Wdw customers - in particular - are dumb.
I used to study them…and they had eaten less lead paint chips back then…

…or was it more? Can’t remember…there were a lot of fumes in that office.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Like the old saying goes…”It’s not what you say, it’s HOW you say it”
Josh gives the vibe of being more likable but he’s corporate just like Chappie…and the first time he p***es him off or appears to be a threat, he too will be on the outside looking in.
I heard that Billionaire Sir Richard Branson is hiring Disney cast. He's got ex Disney exec Michael Colglazier and the famous Joe Rohde of WDI working for him.

Smiley/OCD

I heard that Billionaire Sir Richard Branson is hiring Disney cast. He's got ex Disney exec Michael Colglazier and the famous Joe Rohde of WDI working for him.
It wouldn’t surprise me in the least…the times I changed companies, I always tried to take my best people with me…the other tread “What would you do if you owned the parks?” Joe Rhode would be in charge of ALL creative aspects of the parks divisions…design, execution and follow up. I would also have the best financial person to work in tandem with Joe. I’d love to have a Branson, Musk et.al. owning the parks…

Chi84

Premium Member
Not all of them - just maybe the ones still spending money at a place they don't believe is worth it anymore. Even then, I wouldn't say they're "dumb" - more like optimistic that the experience (although not as good as before) will still be one they enjoy enough to justify the expense.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not all of them - just maybe the ones still spending money at a place they don't believe is worth it anymore. Even then, I wouldn't say they're "dumb" - more like optimistic that the experience (although not as good as before) will still be one they enjoy enough to justify the expense.
Opinions…everyone has got one.

Most people have excuses too 👍🏻😎

ladybat2

If she needs Disney in her life, go to Tokyo.

The cost difference even with the flight is negligible if anything at all.
I thought about that. Neither she or I have traveled outside the US. Well unless you count the couple of times I went by car across the border to visit Mexico. At the Tokyo Disney park would we require knowing at least some of the local language to be able to have a nice time there?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I used to study them…and they had eaten less lead paint chips back then…

…or was it more? Can’t remember…there were a lot of fumes in that office.
You certainly splurged at WDW not too long ago.

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

andysol

I thought about that. Neither she or I have traveled outside the US. Well unless you count the couple of times I went by car across the border to visit Mexico. At the Tokyo Disney park would we require knowing at least some of the local language to be able to have a nice time there?
Absolutely not.

I always try to learn some common phrases anywhere we go when we travel.

I didn’t learn a single one in Japanese outside of good morning, sorry and thanks
It was WAY too difficult a language.

That said- essentially all signs are in English both in park and in Tokyo itself. Usually English first with Japanese below it in a smaller font. Extremely easy to get around and understand. Most of the CMs speak English and many many guests or places in Tokyo do also. And they can’t wait to practice it with you.

If all else fails, you can Pantomime anything.

Chi84

Premium Member
Opinions…everyone has got one.

Most people have excuses too 👍🏻😎
No excuses whatsoever. I get to decide for myself which frivolous use of my discretionary income is worth it to me. It's nice that way because I get to go to WDW and be happy about it.

The result: a trip in October for 2 with some nice add-ons but very few rides (for reasons unrelated to Disney) so Genie+ won't be an issue; but going elsewhere for the family trip in April 2023 because we don't want to deal with the park reservations, Genie+/ILLs and limited park hopper (if it's still limited).

ladybat2

Absolutely not.

I always try to learn some common phrases anywhere we go when we travel.

I didn’t learn a single one in Japanese outside of good morning, sorry and thanks
It was WAY too difficult a language.

That said- essentially all signs are in English both in park and in Tokyo itself. Usually English first with Japanese below it in a smaller font. Extremely easy to get around and understand. Most of the CMs speak English and many many guests or places in Tokyo do also. And they can’t wait to practice it with you.

If all else fails, you can Pantomime anything.
Sounds wonderful! I think I might just have to look into going for a visit there. You are not the only person I've heard raving about Tokyo Disney. I've not heard any complaints about it either. People saying it has surpassed the Disney parks here in the US even.

erasure fan1

Wait, so they haven't been charging more and giving less? You are too hung upon defending Disneys honor. The parks cost more than ever, and you are getting less. For me, that is a lesser experience. Just because people are willing to pay it, doesn't mean it isn't lesser.

Lilofan

Wait, so they haven't been charging more and giving less? You are too hung upon defending Disneys honor. The parks cost more than ever, and you are getting less. For me, that is a lesser experience. Just because people are willing to pay it, doesn't mean it isn't lesser.
I never said I liked spending more and getting less. It actually occurs in a number of other places we've frequented non Disney. We make a decision based on experience and employee interaction if we want to return.

erasure fan1

I never said I liked spending more and getting less. It actually occurs in a number of other places we've frequented non Disney. We make a decision based on experience and employee interaction if we want to return.
Exactly! The same as all of us who are upset with Disneys current state. We have our opinions just as you. As I've said, Disney has every right as a business to charge whatever they believe they can get away with. And if the focus was on investing in the parks with that money, very few would have an issue with the increases.

JMcMahonEsq

Mr tough guy. Your nephew probably cannot grasp the concept of value yet. More so in the complex convoluted arena of Disney world. People don’t need to go to do something to have an opinion. They don’t need to go every week or year to have an OPINION.

There’s people who haven’t been to disney in years that would be far more qualified than…your nephew on the theme park industry.

I think the value proposition is trash and I haven’t gone in 4 years? Am I just too stupid?
Yes you are. (God it’s like shooting fish in a barrel).

First he’s 4, so no he isn’t grasping the concept of value. Nor was that the discussion point. The point is that making statements that are about “value” which is a subjective evaluation, when you have no personal experience with what your talking about, when you making statements based on what something looked like on YouTube or what the park was like 20 years ago, makes you way less qualified than a 4 year old. In fact making any statements about something you have no personal knowledge or experience with makes you a fool.

No one cares about what was going on 10 or 20 years ago. It makes a good Pepperidge farm commercial with old men talking about back in their day gas was a quarter and you could get a soda for a nickel at the soda fountain but that’s about it. No one has a time machine, no one cares what you could get 10 years ago, or what costs where 10 years ago. Hell no one cares what prices were LAST year, when your trying to plan a vacation this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom