Josh D'Amaro comments on rising prices and "additional" or removed services: "An inevitable result of progress"

Lilofan

Resort fees are a tremendous value.
I mean, you get free local calls!
Free local , nationwide and worldwide calls ( if you could actually make a connection ) immediately after 9/11 attacks was given to the resort guests stranded at WDW. It was a nice gesture by Disney.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Every resort in the area charges. Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt. It is a necessity IMO. They need to be able to compete.
Buena Vista Suites doesn't charge for self-parking, but oddly Caribe Royale does charge for self-parking. Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista doesn't charge for parking. I'm sure there are more, but I have neither the time nor inclination to continue.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Buena Vista Suites doesn't charge for self-parking, but oddly Caribe Royale does charge for self-parking. Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista doesn't charge for parking. I'm sure there are more, but I have neither the time nor inclination to continue.
Lol. Buena Vista Suites. We considering that a resort and competition for Disney? Also, that particular Holiday Inn charges $25 bucks for parking.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Lol. Buena Vista Suites. We considering that a resort and competition for Disney? Also, that particular Holiday Inn charges $25 bucks for parking.

• Self-Parking is available as the hotel's Resort fee of $24.95 plus tax as of July 1, 2020.
  • Cost: 0 USD

Included in the resort fee is not charging for parking.

And you said, "Every resort in the area charges.", not me. If you meant only certain chains, then choose your words more carefully.

Lilofan

Back in the day the rate at Buena Vista Suites was $99 per night and had a very good all u can eat breakfast buffet included in the room rate.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Included in the resort fee is not charging for parking.

And you said, "Every resort in the area charges.", not me. If you meant only certain chains, then choose your words more carefully.
Of course that is still charging for parking. They just bundled it in with other amenities and force you to pay even if you don't have a car. And most of the other items included are garbage. The only good items included with their resort fee is the parking, movie theater and maybe the shuttle.

MrPromey

Every resort in the area charges. Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt. It is a necessity IMO. They need to be able to compete.

Compete?

You mean like people are going "Well Marriott is charging $20 to park. I don't know, that seems like a better option than Disney where it's free... Oh wait, they're charging at Disney now too! Let's see... Well, at Art of Animation, it's only $15 so I'm still thinking Marriott is where it's at.

... but if we stay at Coronado Springs, It'll also be $20.

... Wait, I know, Grand Floridian is charging $25 to park - that's it! That's where we're staying!"

Yeah right. :rolleyes:

If Disney felt the need to "compete" they'd have daily housekeeping.

Last edited:

MrPromey

Steve Jobs ruthless and unforgiving mgt style makes Chapek look like a pussycat.

Yes but his results revolutionized society, even beyond his own company.

Without the Apple computer, we would likely have never gotten Windows and the PC revolution of the mid-90's that literally changed everything might have gone very differently.

Do you recall what there was in the way of MP3 players before the iPod was introduced? Do you remember what was back then, the only way to (legally) get music?

How many touch screen phones do you think there were before 2007? How many people were using any kind of smart phone that weren't paying extra fees to services for things like Blackberries? Also, for the "feature" phones that were being released, they all had crappy carrier software preloaded, you paid $5 a month for a crappy version of Pac-Man if you wanted a game on your phone and features built into the phone were routinely disabled unless you paid extra to your carrier each month to use them.

He completely upended the mobile phone industry and now days, most people don't even have home phones.

He wasn't a nice guy, by most accounts, to anyone.

His products were expensive but he changed the world.

At the rate things are going, I think Bob's greatest innovation may be one day getting people to actually pay per-use for restrooms in the US like they have in parts of Europe.

"They've been doing it overseas for years. It's progress!".

Last edited:

Lilofan

Yes but his results revolutionized society, even beyond his own company.

Without the Apple computer, we would likely have never gotten Windows and the PC revolution of the mid-90's that literally changed everything might have gone very differently.

Do you recall what there was in the way of MP3 players before the iPod was introduced? Do you remember what was back then, the only way to (legally) get music?

How many touch screen phones do you think there were before 2007? How many people were using any kind of smart phone that weren't paying extra fees to services for things like Blackberries? Also, for the "feature" phones that were being released, they all had crappy carrier software preloaded, you paid $15 for a crappy version of Pac-Man and features built into the phone were routinely disabled unless you paid extra to your carrier each month to use them.

He completely upended the mobile phone industry and now days, most people don't even have home phones.

He wasn't a nice guy, by most accounts, to anyone.

His products were expensive but he changed the world.

At the rate things are going, I think Bob's greatest innovation may be one day getting people to actually pay per-use for restrooms in the US like they have in parts of Europe.

"They've been doing it overseas for years. It's progress!".
Jobs was definitely a visionary in addition to being a ruthless tyrant and back stabbing SOB. His brash and ruthless style would clash if he ran family friendly values TWDC.

MrPromey

Both resorts next to each other are like night and day. CR is a monster of a property and has an incredible huge workout facility.

A huge workout facility? Oh that makes perfect sense, then - of course they'd charge extra for parking!

makes about as much sense as talking about wild bananas in a Disney forum, doesn't it? :eyeroll

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom