Jose's SSE GEMENI TRIP REPORT

Sir Hiss527

Wow truly amazing rehab guys! I can't wait to actually ride it in person. Did the majority of the AA's get redone, and get new movements, and motions? I like the new CM costumes..maybe I'll be wearing that sooner than I expected :)

angelfaerie52

Wow... I could just watch the video.

But screw it, I am driving down to Epcot to see if I can get on myself... and if it is not open by the time I get there, I'll just go to Osborne Family Lights at MGM tonight...

I feel like a nerd. :)

See, this is why I should not go to Downtown Orlando on the weekends... I end up sleeping in way late and miss things like this! I'll try and take some more pictures if I get on...

Shaman

Great stuff!!! Thanks for sharing! :wave:
I like the video screens, definitely adds to the experience. Lighting looks enhanced...or is that just me?

a2grafix

Jose ... awesome pictures and video. Unfortunately I don't know when my next trip to WDW is, but hopefully within the next year. I was at WDW in mid to late October and I missed the soft openings by about six weeks.

Oh, well, at least I and others who don't live near WDW have people like you and Merf and Str8fan and EpcotServo and the like to help us fill the gaps until we visit Central Florida again.

Peace and chickengrease!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Oh..

So the facial recognition will put your face on that future-self video. The blank stares of the characters give it away.

aladdin2007

Fantastic work, it all looks incredible. Except for the descent, I found the music to be underwhelming there and there is nothing else down there, except for maybe some lights he mentioned you cant really see in the video but is that cartoon it?? there has got to be more to it. Bring back the glitter city!!

Jose Eber

Original Poster
The descent if fine imo, I mean, for an Epcot attraction, its not bad. You are pretty wrapped up in the video, keying in your preferences, arguing with your passenger lol.

The room with the lights all arranged in square is super kewl.

Testtrack321

I definitely think that this refurb didn't go as good as the Haunted Mansion one. From what I've seen, it's a shamble of its former self.

What, I totally disagree. Just because there wasn't a classroom scene or what? Maybe call me a new fangled guy, but I think an interactive ending with touchscreens is much cooler than looking at lights for 4 minutes while going down....

CaptainMichael

All three times I did the descent, I was focused on the screens until I realized that people from Magic would want to know more about the surroundings. I've said it before, I and I'll say it again, the new storyline leads up to this...this was the intent of the Imagineers.

Also, the music is awesome. The first part has the choir.

Cmdr_Crimson

Great Videos Jose! One thing I noticed is the Animated horse & carrage in the rome sequence wasn't there..or did I miss it? Also did it smell like it Rome was burning like should be?

CaptainMichael

I definitely think that this refurb didn't go as good as the Haunted Mansion one. From what I've seen, it's a shamble of its former self.
And you're basing this off of a YouTube video (No offence Jose)?

The descent if fine imo, I mean, for an Epcot attraction, its not bad. You are pretty wrapped up in the video, keying in your preferences, arguing with your passenger lol.

The room with the lights all arranged in square is super kewl.
Exactly and that's what it was intended to do...I kind of wish that the room with the lights lasted the whole descent.

What, I totally disagree. Just because there wasn't a classroom scene or what? Maybe call me a new fangled guy, but I think an interactive ending with touchscreens is much cooler than looking at lights for 4 minutes while going down....
The screen is very effective, and as anyone who has ridden it can tell you, there's most likely more to come.

CaptainMichael

Great Videos Jose! One thing I noticed is the Animated horse & carrage in the rome sequence wasn't there..or did I miss it? Also did it smell like it Rome was burning like should be?

The animation is very very very faint, but you can see where it's supposed to be. Keep in mind, it took a few weeks for the howling wolf to reture to the Mansion...this is kind of like that.

The smell is still there and very powerful...it stays with you till the renaissance.

PeoplemoverTTA

Jose, thanks for your time and hard work on this...it is greatly appreciated!!

Just to chime in with my thoughts...

-Dame Judi Dench sounds very good, IMO. I like the new direction with her narration (as opposed to Jeremy Irons).

-I like the descent, and I think that once what merf mentioned about incorporating the face recognition technology is in it will be even cooler. Will I miss the fiber optics around SSE and the city? Sure, but it's a new direction, and as STR8FAN2005 mentioned, it fits the new storyline.

This definitely gets me excited to get to EPCOT and experience the finished product myself.

Thanks again, Jose :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom