Jose's SSE GEMENI TRIP REPORT

imagineer boy

Wow, the whole rehab has turned out far better than I could've ever hoped! :) This is great!

How's the music by the way? I'm surprised no one's commented on anything about the music.

jmuboy

So far looks great. The music is hard to judge, as is the narration, from just a video. You need to expereince it in person I think.

Expo_Seeker40

My only complaint is that you can hear Judy's voice miles away and then finally in the vehicle you're in. That's most likely do to no one around blocking the audio. Also...damn that's alot of information to take in. Alot of facts being toiled around.

But the upbeat and straightforward naration is nice.

The sets look stunning. The music is great. The AA's nice. For the most part I am ok with the changes in the first 3/4 of the ride.

Interesting how a male voice does the safety speil and a female is the narrator.

The ascent is nice.

Two flat screen TV's with new animation and one generic speil over the starlight ceiling. Then a new star field and new intro musical score and safety speil.

I am a little caught off gaurd by the whole take your picture thing...but still it gets nice and dark after that and then back into the star field again.

kal663

looks great

It looks great!!! With the soft opening I hope it stays running through next week when we get down there.(10-14)

GrimGhost

There are days I'm astonished there is no 12 step program for us.

Video is almost finished encoding. It will take 10 more minutes or so to upload to youtube, then a considerable more time for the HD at Sendspace.

Sorry, catching up late. That is hilarious, I've been thinking the same thing today:

My name is....., and I'm a WDW-aholic....HI.....!!

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Per 'DA' Disneyholics Anonymous. I know. Seriously, should I start a chapter? I'll draft up a constitution or something.

As of now, give it an hour for part 2. Sorry, this part is longer, like 9 minutes. Maybe by the end of the day I'll have the higher def as well. If youtube is a bizzitch like last time, it will reject me, and I'll be forced to do an extra shot at uploading it.

:mad:

darthjohnny

Oh!

Now that I see all the pictures, those questions determine how the ending will turn out.

At first I was saying to myself, "What is going on here? Some ride this is turning out to be." :lol:

Captain Hank

I broke down and watched the video. Wow. Siemens must have poured so much money into this refurb. Everything looks great. What I could hear of the music was incredible--I think I like it better than the old version, even, which is saying a lot.

The narration style is very, very different from previous versions, and is going to take some getting used to. I wouldn't go so far as to call it "light-hearted," but it's not nearly as serious as the Irons version. I don't think it was a bad choice, just different. I think Judi Dench was a great choice.

Skippy_

Thanks for everything Jose:sohappy:

But doesn't it seem that the descent should have something there to look at, as it's a ride and surveys should be saved for after the ride, while the touchscreen survey should be in Project Tomorrow!

The classic scenes look great (with the Pharaoh's crown changed, the Greek actors gone, and the astronauts way gone, the mural has become a historical look into SSE's past)!

Thanks again!

Skippy

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Dame Judy sounds great. Very nice.

Oh, and you do hear her on the video, before she 'gets to your car' but keep in mind, I was first to ride it this morning, and there was like one other guy behind me. So the attraction was completely empty.

After I left there was a line.

Its a different tone, but honestly, how heavy handed can you get when you hear 'rickety rickety' 'clackety clackety' when it comes to the ride car?

And the animatronics for the first half are a def. improvement. I was surprised.

the descent is cool, and its really not seen on the video, but there is this slick room which blue dots arranged in this square pattern all over you. Very nice.

It keeps you entertained in my opinion.

28 more minutes.

GrimGhost

Dame Judy sounds great. Very nice.

Oh, and you do hear her on the video, before she 'gets to your car' but keep in mind, I was first to ride it this morning, and there was like one other guy behind me. So the attraction was completely empty.

After I left there was a line.

Its a different tone, but honestly, how heavy handed can you get when you hear 'rickety rickety' 'clackety clackety' when it comes to the ride car?

And the animatronics for the first half are a def. improvement. I was surprised.

the descent is cool, and its really not seen on the video, but there is this slick room which blue dots arranged in this square pattern all over you. Very nice.

It keeps you entertained in my opinion.

28 more minutes.

Thanks very much Jose!!

I have a question... It seems from the video that you can clearly hear the narration from a few seats ahead. Does this get annoying? I haven't ridden SSE in a while :)() so I don't remember this but is it obvious? Like at the beginning, you can clearly hear "like a grand and miraculous spaceship... like a grand and miraculous spaceship...".

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Being able to hear the other cars is something SSE has always had, it's not new.

To really hear the audio and not hear other cars, adults should sit in the back seat of a vehicle, not the front (unless you're short).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom