John Travolta

AEfx

What doe Scientology has to do with Tomorrowland? I think Walt would be rolling in his grave if there was anything related to Scientology in his parks.

The truth is there are no Scientology projects going into MK. Epcot, on the other hand, is slated to announce any day now the new Wonders of Life pavilion, where "Body Wars" is being replaced by "Body Thetans", a rockling simulator adventure through time where the true history of Earth and the origin of all bad emotions are revealed. Rumors also have "Cranium Command" getting an overlay and turned into "Xenu Command", where Xenu himself takes you on a tour of the human psyche and explains why when you stub your toe and cuss that it's really just negative emotions from past lives manifesting itself. I hear they are trying to get Cruise to narrate that one. They even are going to turn the queue into a replica of a modified Douglas DC-8, just like the ones used in ancient times by the evil warlords to dump the body thetans into the volcanoes where they burned.

Heard it from a very reliable bus driver I know...

AEfx

sophiesmom

At least he doesnt try to hide the fact he likes to burn up all that gas with all those private planes. Hes actually proud of them and talks about them all the time. Not like most of the Hollywood/liberal elites who give speeches about how we need to be more green but fly a private jet to give the speech!
Ok now off the soapbox..:animwink:

Intresting seeing Eisner in the house.....I will have to keep a lookout for when this airs.
:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :sohappy:

Maerj

What doe Scientology has to do with Tomorrowland? I think Walt would be rolling in his grave if there was anything related to Scientology in his parks.

:lol: I wasn't serious. I wouldn't want anything Scientology in the parks either... or in Florida at all... or North America... or the Universe!

Long live Xenu! :drevil:

MickeyTigg

He was being interviewed by Eisner for his tv show on CNBC. I was trying to watch from the bridge to tomorrowland and was told to leave the area.

Two things....Eisner was allowed back in the park?

2nd....Travolta is talking with Eisner and who do we notice? How the mighty have fallen.

:lookaroun

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member

2nd....Travolta is talking with Eisner and who do we notice? How the mighty have fallen.

If Eisner and Travolta were in the park 5 years ago, I'd have noticed Travolta first.

Champion

Allowed back in? With the amount of stock he owns, he can basically make them close MK for him if he wanted.

Blame that we didn't notice Eisner on the person who took the photo, they only show the back of his head. If it was me taking the picture, I would have ignored Travolta and taken the photo of Eisner.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Allowed back in? With the amount of stock he owns, he can basically make them close MK for him if he wanted.

Blame that we didn't notice Eisner on the person who took the photo, they only show the back of his head. If it was me taking the picture, I would have ignored Travolta and taken the photo of Eisner.

I probably would have ignored both.

Champion

I probably would have ignored both.

Would have been your loss. From my only meeting with Eisner, which wasn't under the best of circumstances, he was definitely a lot more devoted and passionate than Steve Jobs and his figurehead Bob Iger.
Eisner's only problem is that he became TOO involved with shareholder value and cut back in some areas.

However, thats better than Iger. Igers big ideas? Lets refurb everything! Any moron could have come up with that plan.
At least Eisner was visionary. The company would be nothing like it is today if it wasn't for him.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Would have been your loss. From my only meeting with Eisner, which wasn't under the best of circumstances, he was definitely a lot more devoted and passionate than Steve Jobs and his figurehead Bob Iger.

Actually, I dont consider standing and watching Eisner talk to Travolta to be something that would add much of anything to the value of my life. If you get some life changing effect from it great. I would rather spend my time in the MK with my family enjoying what I paid admission for.

Champion

Actually, I dont consider standing and watching Eisner talk to Travolta to be something that would add much of anything to the value of my life. If you get some life changing effect from it great. I would rather spend my time in the MK with my family enjoying what I paid admission for.

Who said anything about 'standing and watching'? I was replying to the person who said that we were ignoring Eisner. I didn't realize taking a picture was going to be this big 'unenjoyable' experience that I'm wasting my admission on.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Who said anything about 'standing and watching'? I was replying to the person who said that we were ignoring Eisner. I didn't realize taking a picture was going to be this big 'unenjoyable' experience that I'm wasting my admission on.

Didnt say it was, but when the picture is of Eisner and Travolta at the TTNS, and the comment is that one would benefit by witnessing such an event, one would assume that you would have to stand or sit and watch it taking place. I was simply commenting that I would not waste my time to stand/sit and watch a conversation between two people that I am not overly impressed with (Travolta moreso than Eisner), when I have paid for admission into a themepark. Now if they were having said conversation in some other environment, I might spend a little time being interested, but likely not.

mickster

Igers big ideas? Lets refurb everything! Any moron could have come up with that plan.
At least Eisner was visionary. The company would be nothing like it is today if it wasn't for him.

If it weren't for Eisner's horrible management and LACK of vision in the latter half of his tenure, it wouldn't be necessary for them to refurb everything today. I'm sure Iger would love to be spending money on adding lots of new and exciting stuff. But first he has to clean up Eisner's mess. While it's certainly true that Eisner breathed new life into the company back in the late 1980's, in his later years, he didn't do much more than damage the Disney brand. I applaud Iger for taking steps now to repair the damage Eisner did.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom