Joffreys Coffee

Lilofan

I think the fact that I used to drink a ton of crap coffee years ago has blunted my intolerance for bad coffee. I used to work as a construction engineer, all over NJ, CT, NY, and PA. I bough coffee at every gas station, deli, quick serve, 7-11, and jobsite lunch truck you can think of.

Then I worked in NYC - I used to get coffee off of the morning doughnut trailers/carts on the corner (if you don't know what they are, it is a tiny enclosed trailer stacked with doughnuts, a coffee urn, and a guy selling them. They are gone by 10AM

I appreciate good coffee, but I will drink almost any coffee. I drink it black or with milk (I gave up sugar a long time ago)

Joffrey's is in the realm of OK coffee for me. I have had worse, much worse, but it also does not get the Winston Wolf head nod of approval from me.
I like coffee but nothing compares to the rocket fuel that is served in the Miami area called Cuban expresso, cafecito, colada etc. Colada is pure rocket fuel espresso mixed with sugar. It is addictive and one will be wired all day long.

Lilofan

We don't bother with fast food often enough to stock up. And really much easier to buy than having to visit multiple times and ask for 10-20 packets at a time.
Only time I ask for packets ( salt ) is at BK or McDonalds. One way to guarantee fresh hot fries is order fries with no salt. The crew member has to fry a fresh batch just for me. When receiving the fries, ask for a few packets of salt.

Phonedave

Only time I ask for packets ( salt ) is at BK or McDonalds. One way to guarantee fresh hot fries is order fries with no salt. The crew member has to fry a fresh batch just for me. When receiving the fries, ask for a few packets of salt.

Please don't do that. They hate that because if you ask for no salt they have to prepare them with no salt. In other words cleaning everything up so that there is no salt, because they assume if you say no salt, then you actually mean no salt - as in I am watching my sodium intake.

Just ask them to make a new batch.

Lilofan

Please don't do that. They hate that because if you ask for no salt they have to prepare them with no salt. In other words cleaning everything up so that there is no salt, because they assume if you say no salt, then you actually mean no salt - as in I am watching my sodium intake.

Tried that doesn't work.

TrainsOfDisney

Doesn't Starbucks have a light roast coffee option ? Better than the dark roast mud that they serve.
They do. They have a light espresso as well, the blonde espresso which used to be really good in my opinion. The last few times I ordered it (different locations) it didn’t taste nearly as good so maybe they have adjusted it?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Joffrey's is sooooooooooooo much better than Starbucks. Starbucks is the worst. It always amazes me how marketing can convince the masses that something so awful is the best.
Starbucks is good for doing the nonstop drive to or from Disney;) That being said I got a couple of cups of the light roast at UNI and they weren't bad

NeverEnufDisney

I am not a big fan of Starbucks. If I do buy there it's the light blend, Pike is too bitter for me. Regardless I am wired for a couple hours. I do not mind Joffrey's. Disney switched because Nestle was decoupling itself from Disney and most people hated the Nescafe syrup that was used. Personally I did not mind it as a I do not like a strong coffee.

Tom P.

Will McDonald's actually make a new batch of fries if you ask? I kind of doubt they will.

Fresh McDonald's fries have to be the most perfect food on the planet, but they have a shelf life of exactly 4 minutes and 27 seconds before they become inedible. There should be some rule about keeping them under the heat lamp for more than 5 minutes.

Lilofan

Will McDonald's actually make a new batch of fries if you ask? I kind of doubt they will.

Fresh McDonald's fries have to be the most perfect food on the planet, but they have a shelf life of exactly 4 minutes and 27 seconds before they become inedible. There should be some rule about keeping them under the heat lamp for more than 5 minutes.
Works for me , Ask nicely with a smile.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom