Joffreys Coffee

lewisc

How often are the in room coffee makers cleaned?
Florida tap water doesn't make great coffee. The amount of coffee in pods and packets found in hotel rooms might not be enough to brew coffee strong enough for some.

I think some Joffrey’s coffee is good. I agree with PP, resort blends, brewed in a French Press is pretty good.
Prior to Joffrey’s Disney resorts serve Nestle coffee syrup, mixed with hot water. Joffrey’s is much better. I don't think great coffee and unlimited free refills is compatible with reasonably low prices.

I know I'm in the minority, I think Starbucks is too strong and tastes burnt.

Lilofan

Florida tap water doesn't make great coffee. The amount of coffee in pods and packets found in hotel rooms might not be enough to brew coffee strong enough for some.

I think some Joffrey’s coffee is good. I agree with PP, resort blends, brewed in a French Press is pretty good.
Prior to Joffrey’s Disney resorts serve Nestle coffee syrup, mixed with hot water. Joffrey’s is much better. I don't think great coffee and unlimited free refills is compatible with reasonably low prices.

Perhaps the outside may get wipe ( hopefully with a clean towel ). Don't get your hopes if the insides ever get cleaned.

lewisc

Perhaps the outside may get wipe ( hopefully with a clean towel ). Don't get your hopes if the insides ever get cleaned.
That was my point. Bad coffee brewed in a hotel could be a result of oils, slime and scale in a pot which was never cleaned

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Sure, it might not be wonderful, but at least they don't pull the coffee beans out of a pile of cat dung.

lewisc

In my travels looking at the inside of the hotel room coffee makers makes me want to switch to tea.
Some posters, various boards, found complaining about a very disgusting pot resulted in the pot being swapped with a brand new pot.

Google told me the best way to clean and sanitize a hotel room pot is run.a solution of half water and half vinegar. Turn off after half goes through. Let sit for 20-30 minutes. Continue running through the solution. Run water through at least 3 times.

Club Cooloholic

“Joffrey’s coffee” isn’t one thing.

I love Joffrey’s espresso and it’s consistently well made at the kiosks on property in my experiences.

The “fresh brewed” coffee varies by brew and freshness. The ones in the hotels can be really bad.

The Joffrey’s coffee served in French presses at various restaurants around the property is usually very good. It’s typically a custom blend for the specific location.

The Joffrey’s cold brew is made from a concentrate and is not very good at all in my opinion.
I would say this is true of any cafe. The coffee coming out of the big jug carafes is only as good as whoever made it and how long it's been sitting there. The Starbucks at Barnes and Noble is often not hot enough or stale, probably due to not being turned over as often as at the regular stores. I sometimes just order a cafe americano to avoid it altogether.

Club Cooloholic

Some posters, various boards, found complaining about a very disgusting pot resulted in the pot being swapped with a brand new pot.

Google told me the best way to clean and sanitize a hotel room pot is run.a solution of half water and half vinegar. Turn off after half goes through. Let sit for 20-30 minutes. Continue running through the solution. Run water through at least 3 times.
So this may gross out some folks, who am I kidding it IS gross, but my friend who worked and traveled extensively in far flung lands as said some folks from other places will use the hotel coffee pot to clean their socks in(hot water...yadda yadda....ugh.

Last edited:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
So this may gross out some folks, who am I kidding it IS gross, but my friend who worked and traveled extensively in far flung lands as said some folks from other places will use the hotel coffee pot to clean their socks in(hot water...yadda yadda....ugh.
What. Do you think we use cold water ?
We are not heathens you know .

TrainsOfDisney

I would say this is true of any cafe. The coffee coming out of the big jug carafes is only as good as whoever made it and how long it's been sitting there. The Starbucks at Barnes and Noble is often not hot enough or stale, probably due to not being turned over as often as at the regular stores. I sometimes just order a cafe americano to avoid it altogether.

Oh totally agree. When people say “I hate Starbucks” they usually mean they hate pike place. I do too. That’s why I order a Starbucks Reserve at the locations they serve them (like the Starbucks at Downtown Disney and Disney Springs! :)

Lilofan

When I was a barsita back in the day when I worked two jobs , it was a blast doing that role. Without fail every hour on the hour, we had timers that reminded us to dump all the coffee in the big urns and brew fresh java every hour. We threw out at times a lot of coffee, but it does makes a big taste difference when drinking fresh brewed coffee. One memorable coffee experience I had was after I stuffed myself at the buffett breakfast at AK Lodge Boma. The server gave me a French press coffee and that to me is next level quality. I think the coffee at that time was Joeffrey.

NelleBelle

I totally agree that Joffrey's is a total step up from that crap Nestle they used to serve. It was so bad that I would put a ton of creamer and chocolate milk in to make a "poor man's" mocha in order to get some caffeine in me before we hit the parks. Ugh--as much I as despise Joffrey's, I'll take it any day over Nestcrape! 🤢 And totally agree that Starbucks tastes burnt--do love Seattle's Best and Peete's.

JIMINYCR

We dont have a Joffreys near us and the first time I tried the brand was on a WDW trip because I knew Starbucks was not to my liking. The Nestles was horrible and when we had that as a choice I went without coffee.

Artemicon

In my travels looking at the inside of the hotel room coffee makers makes me want to switch to tea.
Those in room coffee makers are pretty gross, but I've been able to clean mine in pretty much every room to a standard I would consider able to create "edible" coffee. Enjoyable, not really, but it won't kill you. Cleaning the reservoir with soap and water and running a few pots of water through the machine makes it acceptable. Best thing is to just budget a couple of drinks a day into your food budget.

Phonedave

I think the fact that I used to drink a ton of crap coffee years ago has blunted my intolerance for bad coffee. I used to work as a construction engineer, all over NJ, CT, NY, and PA. I bough coffee at every gas station, deli, quick serve, 7-11, and jobsite lunch truck you can think of.

Then I worked in NYC - I used to get coffee off of the morning doughnut trailers/carts on the corner (if you don't know what they are, it is a tiny enclosed trailer stacked with doughnuts, a coffee urn, and a guy selling them. They are gone by 10AM

I appreciate good coffee, but I will drink almost any coffee. I drink it black or with milk (I gave up sugar a long time ago)

Joffrey's is in the realm of OK coffee for me. I have had worse, much worse, but it also does not get the Winston Wolf head nod of approval from me.

Patcheslee

Nothing a ton of sugar can't handle for me. Usually pack a 1lb container for vacation. I only drink a cup when I first get up.

Lilofan

I totally agree that Joffrey's is a total step up from that crap Nestle they used to serve. It was so bad that I would put a ton of creamer and chocolate milk in to make a "poor man's" mocha in order to get some caffeine in me before we hit the parks. Ugh--as much I as despise Joffrey's, I'll take it any day over Nestcrape! 🤢 And totally agree that Starbucks tastes burnt--do love Seattle's Best and Peete's.
Doesn't Starbucks have a light roast coffee option ? Better than the dark roast mud that they serve.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom