JIYI updates?

KDM31091

Original Poster
About a year ago there were a lot of rumors that Journey Into Imagination with Figment (or whatever it's called at the moment) was going to be closed and completely refurbished. There wasn't any mention of the upstairs, although I assume it will remain closed off.

Are there any updates on when or if this is going to happen? I haven't really heard anything recent. It would be lovely to have the upstairs accessible again. Even if they don't put an attraction up there per se, they could clean it up and at least allow you to sit and enjoy the nice view out onto the park. The pyramid is a great building and its a shame that it is basically going to waste. You can't enjoy the design of it so they may as well just tear off the second floor entirely if they aren't going to use it (ala Tomorrowland Skyway station).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Am I having a flashback? Was this posted last year and possibly had the thread deleted?

If so I'll post what I said then too.

A year? More like eight.

Figments Friend

A proposed refresh has been on the table on and off for some time, but it keeps getting pushed aside due to budgetary reasons.
It is just not seen as a priority by some within the Company to *fix* the Attraction, and entire Pavilion in general.
Of course there are many who feel differently.

This has been talked about many times over the years here, and each time the saga grows.

You could make a direct-to-tv drama series based on the story behind the scenes related to the various proposed re-dos.

Really hoping one aspect of the proposition actually happens.
Would definitely insure a improvement, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Sage of Time

A former member of this website started his own website and worked himself into a tizzy about things "happening" in JII that were never indicative of it closing for a refurb.

That said, it's been rumored for quite a while with no real signs of it happening.

Cmdr_Crimson

1357-ha.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom