Jimmy Fallon Ride

AmUK

I know space is a premium are over at Universal, and the tourism world is grateful for all the exciting projects and investment they are putting into Orlando , but surely there must be alternatives to making a ride other than 3D motion simulators.

JT3000

I know space is a premium are over at Universal, and the tourism world is grateful for all the exciting projects and investment they are putting into Orlando , but surely there must be alternatives to making a ride other than 3D motion simulators.

That may be their only option here. This is the first time they've tried to put a ride in that building. I don't know what else would fit.

AmUK

That may be their only option here. This is the first time they've tried to put a ride in that building. I don't know what else would fit.

There is plenty of space there for something other than a non 3D attraction - the space is no bigger than Peter Pan, ET, etc - both physical rides.

GLaDOS

There is plenty of space there for something other than a non 3D attraction - the space is no bigger than Peter Pan, ET, etc - both physical rides.

Uh, ET's building is WAY bigger than Twister's. ET is a massive attraction. Peter pan is a minute long. They're not going to build a Fantasyland dark ride.

AmUK

Twisters building it's not massively bigger than ET. Especially in you incorporate surrounding areas, queing areas.

Peter Pan is similar in frame to E.T. - whilst i'm not advocating that type of ride, it just would have been nice to see a more physical attraction, than just another screen based attraction.

Essentially too many screen based attractions dilute the whole experience, and fatigue sets in, when instead they should be unique.

However, hopefully this will be more in ilk to a Soarin' type experience.

FoozieBear

I've been over thinking this since the announcement...I still don't get it.

I mean sure, Jimmy is hugely popular ( I watch his show almost every night or at least the highlights on YouTube) but a ride based on a variety/late night show? It doesn't make sense. It'll become irrelevant in five or ten years down the line when his NBC contract expires, plus that's not even guaranteed he will still be popular by then.

As a fan, I'm pretty excited. But trying to look at this from a Universal financial perspective, it seems like a waste of money.

GLaDOS

Twisters building it's not massively bigger than ET. Especially in you incorporate surrounding areas, queing areas.

Twisters building is 20k square foot. ET's is close to 60k, so no, Twister is nowhere near as big, let alone bigger.

Peter Pan is similar in frame to E.T.

Peter Pan is about 20k square feet too, but again, it's a ride that's only a minute long.

DisneyPrincess5

I mean sure, Jimmy is hugely popular ( I watch his show almost every night or at least the highlights on YouTube) but a ride based on a variety/late night show? It doesn't make sense. It'll become irrelevant in five or ten years down the line when his NBC contract expires, plus that's not even guaranteed he will still be popular by then.

As a fan, I'm pretty excited. But trying to look at this from a Universal financial perspective, it seems like a waste of money.
I feel the same exact way. Love him and the show, don't really get it but we'll ride it.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

Peter Pan is similar in frame to E.T. - whilst i'm not advocating that type of ride, it just would have been nice to see a more physical attraction, than just another screen based attraction.

Essentially too many screen based attractions dilute the whole experience, and fatigue sets in, when instead they should be unique.

However, hopefully this will be more in ilk to a Soarin' type experience.

A good ride attraction is a good attraction. The average punter doesnt get off and say well that Dinosaur ride would have been great had it not ben the same track layout as Indiana Jones. I mean a coaster is a coaster blah blah blah. If its fun its fun.

lazyboy97o

Late night shows aren't exactly known for constantly rotating through hosts.

EngineJoe

I mean could you imagine a Johnny Carson ride or a Jay Leno ride. Seems like a really half baked idea.

FoozieBear

Late night shows aren't exactly known for constantly rotating through hosts.

Sure they are. Just look at all the recent changes. There have been a lot of Tonight Show host changes. Fallons got a long contract with NBC but who knows if he will be culturally irrelevant three years down the line or even retire ten years down.

lazyboy97o

Sure they are. Just look at all the recent changes. There have been a lot of Tonight Show host changes. Fallons got a long contract with NBC but who knows if he will be culturally irrelevant three years down the line or even retire ten years down.
What recent changes? The replacement of other long tenured hosts following their retirement? The Tonight Show isn't Fallon's first time in late night programming and if anything his popularity is still on a positive trajectory. If this is really something pushed heavily by NBC they might also be committed to maintaining it in sync with The Tonight Show.

EngineJoe

As far as Fallon, never like him in fact he always looks like someone I would like to punch in the face. Thought that in his SNL days.

Doesn't matter, good ride is a good ride. Find it odd that it might be a Soarin ride? All Universal would have to do is have a decent film to beat Disney's Soarin. The one in Epcot looks like a third grade film strip from the 70's.

Yeah, Fallon ruined the American remake version of fever pitch.

DarthMileZ

Im gutted about twister, especially since jaws has gone, the park is going to be completely different to my first visit... really was looking forward to re visiting some rides i miss so much

danpam1024

Im gutted about twister, especially since jaws has gone, the park is going to be completely different to my first visit... really was looking forward to re visiting some rides i miss so much
really, the only thing left is ET and T2. I too was recently getting a little nostalgic for all the attractions of yesteryear. I'm glad the parks evolved with the changing times at the level it does though, keeps us coming back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom