Jim McPhee promoted - now oversees the 4 park VPs

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Jim MacPhee (former VP of Epcot and 30 years with the Company) has been promoted to take on the new role of 'Vice President, Next Generation Experience and Walt Disney World Parks'.

This means that Jim will now lead the Walt Disney World Park Operations team. Phil Holmes (VP MK), Dan Cockerell (VP Epcot), Rilous Carter (VP DHS) and Kevin Lansberry (VP AK) will all report to Jim MacPhee. Jim will report to Meg Crofton.

tirian

This is the restructuring that's been needed, especially since Jim is known for requiring old-school quality. :sohappy:

Yet again, Meg is proven more of a figurehead than anything else. :rolleyes:
(BTW, she's a very competent, nice person, so my comment is based on her "responsibilities," not her actual capabilities.)

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
This is absolutely fantastic news!!! They finally got a bit of this restructuring right. I was worried that the title of Special Projects Director or whatever it was, was just a way of keeping him in the background. Glad he has a prominent role again!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Here's to hoping respect for the parks and their traditions take precedent over the bottom line with this news. :sohappy:

juan

This is the restructuring that's been needed, especially since Jim is known for requiring old-school quality. :sohappy:

Here's to hoping respect for the parks and their traditions take precedent over the bottom line with this news. :sohappy:

This could be great news after the sad passing of Roy E. Disney who was such a campaigner for quality and traditions. :sohappy::sohappy:

MousDad

Better late than never!! Thank the maker there is some semblance of sanity in P & R.

So, do we thank Jay or Tom for this one?

Oddysey

Sorry I dont know much history on McPhee, but many of you seem very excited and in turn this is making me excited. Can anyone tell me any history on this gentleman and some of his decisions so I can be more excited please???

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Sorry I dont know much history on McPhee, but many of you seem very excited and in turn this is making me excited. Can anyone tell me any history on this gentleman and some of his decisions so I can be more excited please???

Jim MacPhee, many of us know from his help on Epcot's Celebration 25. Jim was actually working in the parking lot on EPCOT Center's opening day and has been with Disney ever since, so he has a long history with the parks and knows how well they were back then.

In 2007 he was promoted to VP of Epcot (Coming from DL?) and although his stay was quite brief, he changed the plans of the former VP, Brad Rex and decided to hold several smaller special things at the 25th anniversary, plus I think he was instrumental in bringing back some things to the park like the old colors on Universe of Energy (but I do not know this for a fact).

Besides that, many of us got to meet him and shake his hand, he seems to genuinely be a fan as we are and is happy to have devoted followers of the parks as we are. That can't be said for all Disney execs right now.

Oddysey

Jim MacPhee, many of us know from his help on Epcot's Celebration 25. Jim was actually working in the parking lot on EPCOT Center's opening day and has been with Disney ever since, so he has a long history with the parks and knows how well they were back then.

In 2007 he was promoted to VP of Epcot (Coming from DL?) and although his stay was quite brief, he changed the plans of the former VP, Brad Rex and decided to hold several smaller special things at the 25th anniversary, plus I think he was instrumental in bringing back some things to the park like the old colors on Universe of Energy (but I do not know this for a fact).

Besides that, many of us got to meet him and shake his hand, he seems to genuinely be a fan as we are and is happy to have devoted followers of the parks as we are. That can't be said for all Disney execs right now.

Thanks and the parking lot story actually refreshed my mind on who he is!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom