Jim Hill on XPass attraction line-up

lebeau

I meant it's going to mess with capacity

According to Hill, that's why they put playthings in the queue. Expect to wait in line longer (though Disney says not much longer) but to be distracted while you wait.

The more I hear of XPass the less I like it.

BTW, if you're thinking of escaping to DL, Hill says it's coming there too eventually.

Rasvar

Awww dang it. There goes the quick jump to the left side queue in Pirates. I'm sure that will be dedicated to XPass. Oh well.

Rasvar

According to Hill, that's why they put playthings in the queue. Expect to wait in line longer (though Disney says not much longer) but to be distracted while you wait.

The more I hear of XPass the less I like it.

BTW, if you're thinking of escaping to DL, Hill says it's coming there too eventually.

Yeah, it looks like anything that has multiple queue lines. The design of the new HM queue area seemed like it was set up for the split.

71jason

How are they going to pull off having xpass in HM?

A lot of us found it odd that the new interactive queue was optional when it opened--this might be why. Standby goes the long way, XPass skips the interaction.

Bigger question to me--why include JIYI, Capt. EO and a dozen other attractions that rarely have appreciable lines? I think this is definitely aimed at Tour Guide Mike and his competitors rather than the hard core Disney fans. I.e. people who've never been to WDW before (or who come randomly) but have a lot of cash to drop.

jakeman

Bigger question to me--why include JIYI, Capt. EO and a dozen other attractions that rarely have appreciable lines? I think this is definitely aimed at Tour Guide Mike and his competitors rather than the hard core Disney fans. I.e. people who've never been to WDW before (or who come randomly) but have a lot of cash to drop.
They did this with Fastpass the first few years also.

It's like they have a new toy to show off and must put it everywhere.

lebeau

A lot of us found it odd that the new interactive queue was optional when it opened--this might be why. Standby goes the long way, XPass skips the interaction.

According to the article, there will be limits on how many reservations you can make to the top attractions. For example, you can only reserve rides on two of the three mountains at MK. So, they will need to offer other things to reserve that might not really require it. Disney says this will have the impact of spreading crowds out to less popular attractions. See, it's a benefit! A benefit that costs extra in the form of money or time should you opt out.

captainkidd

X-pass - This is the stupid program that will allow you book ride reservation times before you leave home?

Next thing it will be a P-pass. You'll be able to reserve what times you can use the restrooms before you leave home. "Don't have a P-pass? Sorry, you'll have to hold it or go back to your resort. The restrooms are fully booked at this time."

SyracuseOrange

I get that feeling as well. Seems like they're doing it to justify it's existence, rather than stopping to think the situation through.

Yep, as I was reading that list, I was like "what DIDN'T they include? Lots of things have it that don't really seem necessary.

lebeau

Yep, as I was reading that list, I was like "what DIDN'T they include? Lots of things have it that don't really seem necessary.

Here's the thing. They can't have someone drop a load of money and then not have enough attraction (I'm sorry, experiences) available to reserve to fill an entire day (or preferably week). That would have guests wondering why the dropped major loot to reserve a couple of rides that they could have just picked up a free FP for free instead.

Putting it on everything makes it look like a value (even if it isn't). Heck, they are so desperate to make this thing seem like a value they are throwing in exclusive meet and greets!

Thurp

Bigger question to me--why include JIYI, Capt. EO and a dozen other attractions that rarely have appreciable lines?

Either they want to add "value" to XPass by making the list of attractions longer or Jim just thought of which attractions already have double lines (plus shows) and listed them as educated guests (something he does often.)

dcibrando

I am a DVC member and I am already planning multiple vacations a year in advance, dining reservations 180 days in advance and that is hard enough. The majority of Disney families will (in my opinion) not know about this or not use it and then be potentially upset with how others are getting special treatment...especially for show viewing spots... but who knows I could be wrong.

The other thing is those with kids... I have a 2 year old (almost 3) and when we are in the parks... everything is on HER schedule... not something we planned in advance. Because of this, I'm just not sure yet how this is going to pan out. There could be more cons than pros to this, but we'll just have to wait and see.

my first reaction to something big and new like this should be "wow, this is going to be cool" instead of "hmmm... I'm not so sure about this one"

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
X-pass - This is the stupid program that will allow you book ride reservation times before you leave home?

Next thing it will be a P-pass. You'll be able to reserve what times you can use the restrooms before you leave home. "Don't have a P-pass? Sorry, you'll have to hold it or go back to your resort. The restrooms are fully booked at this time."

Now I would actually be on board for a P-Pass. And maybe a DW-Pass. The lineup at Aloha Isle is entirely too long.

RSoxNo1

I would expect it to be similar to how they did the Give a Day get a day Fastpasses. You would get a total of 6 per day, 3 from each group. Quoting this post: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=554285

One group is called the "Donald Group" and the other is the "Daisy Group' You can ride one ride 3x in a day, but you can only choose 3 from each group.

DISNEY'S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS: DONALD GROUP-Tower of Terror, Rock "n" Roller Coaster, Toy Story Mania DAISY GROUP-Star Tours, Lights, Motors Action, Little Mermaid
EPCOT: DONALD GROUP-Test Track, Soarin' DAISY GROUP- Mission: Space, Living with the Land, Honey, I shrunk the audience, Maelstrom
ANIMAL KINGDOM: DONALD GROUP-Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris DAISY GROUP- Kali River Rapids, Tought to be a bug, Dinosaur
MAGIC KINGDOM: DONALD GROUP- SPace MOuntian, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Peter Pan's Flight, Winnie the Pooh DAISY GROUP- Jungle Cruise, Mickey's Philharmagic, Stitch's Great Escape, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin.

jakeman

The majority of Disney families will (in my opinion) not know about this or not use it and then be potentially upset with how others are getting special treatment...
It will be like that at first more than likely if this is a line in addition to Fastpass.

I worked at Safaris when they rolled out Fastpass (we were the first attraction to have it) and I was called all sorts of names for letting people "skip" the line, regardless of how much signage and cast members we had in front of the attraction.

I got called a racist more than anything else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom