Jim Henson's MuppetVision 3-D

Baylordad

Original Poster
Any one know what refurbishments are being made at Jim Henson's MuppetVision 3-D while it is closed. Thanks Much

hpyhnt 1000

I wish that was all it was. We're supposed to be getting a new preshow as well. I'm extremely nervous about that.

Do we know for sure we're actually getting it? The discrepancy between what we're supposed to be getting and what we actual get during these refurbs has been increasing recently. :brick:

Rob562

You know, they could do that with computers and not have to re-film it. Of course that would require money, so I kinda' doubt it...

Of course, if they were going to go as far as doing that (which they're not, but just some dreaming here), they could go one step farther and create a day and a night version. True, the "Guests" visible through the hole in the "theater" wouldn't be as visible in a night scene, but it would at least match what was outside the theater...

-Rob

Master Gracey 5

I love this show and I'm one of the purists hoping for minimal changes. I wouldn't mind seeing the theatre finish upgraded a bit and the quality of the projection improved, but both the preshow and the show need to stay as is IMO. The rumors of a new preshow continue to lurk though which makes me nervous.

Edisto Pluto

I love the Muppets. I know this has been discussed before but our wish is to have this area expanded............maybe back to the original vision. Oh well a clean up is welcomed in any event.

stlbobby

I hope they are just striking a new print from the original negative and not converting it to digital projection. I know digital is the wave of the future, but the look of film is so pure. Over the long haul it does get dirty and break done, but a pristine film print is so much warmer and truer than digital. Maybe they could strike a dozen new prints and store them to use over time. Probably wouldn't cost as much as a new digital projector.

Omnimover

I wish that was all it was. We're supposed to be getting a new preshow as well. I'm extremely nervous about that.

I truly hope this does not happen. The current preshow is classic Muppets, and still works well. I've never watched it without the audience around me laughing, even if only a little. Classic comedy needs to be left alone.

plutoismyhero

I love the preshow and the show no need to get a new one IMO. But the building could use an update so that would be cool and why they are at it why dont they make a muppets ride where mama melroses is at....

dweezil78

I hope they change the last scene with everyone in their 70's-80's clothes.

Would be nice if they changed this part here at DCA too, considering it shows the outside of a completely different PARK altogether! (Though the nostalgic side of me secretly enjoys it.) It's kinda like how the end of Soarin' at Epcot shows Disneyland, though makes a little more sense considering at least all that footage is from Cali.

IWant2GoNow

The rumors of a new preshow continue to lurk though which makes me nervous.

The preshow they have now is hilarious. My hope is that they keep the old and just add a second one so that if you go twice you might see two different preshows. And if the current preshow leaves for a new one I have full confidence that it will be just as good if not better. I mean, it's the Muppets... they make so many things better. :sohappy:

But it would be nice if the original preshow was available for purchase on DVD. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom