Jim Henson's MuppetVision 3-D

StitchRox

I hope they are just striking a new print from the original negative and not converting it to digital projection. I know digital is the wave of the future, but the look of film is so pure. Over the long haul it does get dirty and break done, but a pristine film print is so much warmer and truer than digital. Maybe they could strike a dozen new prints and store them to use over time. Probably wouldn't cost as much as a new digital projector.
It will be a new digital projector, sorry.

stlbobby

It will be a new digital projector, sorry.

Damn, I figured it would be, but I was hoping. Just out of curiosity how do you know for sure?

I know people complain on here all the time about what Disney no longer has, but I was really sad when I went to Honey I Shrunk the Audience and they had replaced the slide show with a digital movie. That one hit me hard, but I totally understand, not only is digital easier, Kodak has made a concerted effort to be a player in the digital realm so as not to get left behind. It's a good business decision, and has ensured they could keep making film, if only as a sideline, but the world lost one of the most beautiful slide presentations that day. It was amazing. I hope those slides are hanging around somewhere and they bring it back in a few years when they open 20th Centuryland.

SOLISIMO

With the popularity of the Muppets, I am very surprised that Disney does not take advantage of this. I would love to see that area expanded as well. The show entertains both kids and adults and everytime we go I love watching the movie again and again. A simple 3d adventure and a small store is peanuts with what they can be doing, just my opinion:drevil:

yeti

With the popularity of the Muppets, I am very surprised that Disney does not take advantage of this. I would love to see that area expanded as well. The show entertains both kids and adults and everytime we go I love watching the movie again and again. A simple 3d adventure and a small store is peanuts with what they can be doing, just my opinion:drevil:

You mean Great Muppet Ride?

Yeah, if only. :rolleyes:

Tom

Beta Return
A Muppet Ride... a Muppet land... Muppet character greets... How great would that be??? :king:

I would literally pack all my stuff and move INTO that land! That's how great it would be.

But, they teased us with that possibility years ago, then went and built "Pixar Place" instead - which is nothing more than empty soundstages, a ride, and a meet-n-greet in a storefront.

Since the days of "an actual working studio" are well behind us, it would make sense that they start developing themed lands within DHS, rather than the sporadic design they have now. Wishful thinking though.

SOLISIMO

See here is the problem I have. When they did Pixar they basically put all the attention in that one area of the park (offcourse there is still TT and the coaster) but everytime we are in that area of the park (toy story) I feel like 70% of the park is there and I cant even move. They need to spread out attention. This is where Muppet Land comes in:drevil:

Monorail_Orange

I agree with spreading the crowds out, but hey, let's finish Pixar Place too. If there was another couple of attractions back there, those queues would eat up some of those people crowding the walkways.

Cmdr_Crimson

I have seen Muppet*Vision 3D with the Digital projection at Disney's California Adventure a few weeks ago and it's Waaay nicer! And tons of effects were working great and I can't wait to see what they will do to what they did to the one in California.

CaptainJackNO

New seats would be in order, IMO, because the ones that are there are a bit worn. Also, the water effects need to be repaired. Last time I was there (Jan 09) the water effect were not working on all seats. I still find the attraction entertaining, just needs some attention.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom