jet blue

check out jet blue on your next flight to orlando they have direct tv in every seat and there is a ton of leg room and all the chairs are first class type leather and 2 per row on a side instead for 3:sohappy:

Michael72688

Originally posted by mikedvcmember
check out jet blue on your next flight to orlando they have direct tv in every seat and there is a ton of leg room and all the chairs are first class type leather and 2 per row on a side instead for 3:sohappy:

I've heard they're pretty good, but I dont fly, so I have no worries about which airline I pick!

Upvote 0

Main Street USA

Yeah, they look great! BUT they suck right now because they have an extremely small fleet that only flies to a few places here and there.

Upvote 0

AliciaLuvzDizne

my flight has 3 and aisle and 3... i think it just depends on where they go because if they go to a more popular destination (orlando) they need a bigger plane
but i'll let ya'll know when i get back in may :D
yay

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

We swear by jetBlue. They are a fabulous carrier. Just to let you know, all of their planes are the same size (and they are all new). This was the company that was the first to introduce bullet proof doors to the cockpit locked from inside, and their employees are fabulous--Disney style personalities. I could see this becoming the official airline for Disney in 5 years or so once they have expanded further. Recently, they added flights to Long Beach, which is a small airport closer to Disneyland than LAX. We are flying jetBlue to Disneyland in March; it'll be nice to go to a smaller airport and not have to deal with the insanity of LAX. Just keep a watch on jetBlue...they keep on adding destinations, and they are one of the few airlines in America actually MAKING money...(one of two last I checked)...great company. The DirecTV is nice, along with the extra legroom, but what I enjoy most is a channel that tells you the exact location, speed, and altitude of the plane, updated every 15 seconds or so...it's pretty nifty:) Plus, they have Animal Planet...steal my heart!

Upvote 0

mineemsefn

All jet blue planes are the same they are airbus A-320 jets. they have 3 seats on each side. they are a very nice airline and have a lot of flights from NY to orlando.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

I have heard really good things about Jet Blue. If they fly out of your airport into where you are going, take them. I wish they flew out of Detroit. (but then again who cares about Detroit? ) For now we use Sprit. No major problems yet.

Upvote 0

KathyG/poohbear

Sounds good but we don't have Jet Blue out of Greensboro, NC.
We have Comair operated by Delta though. The seats are little but we enjoy non-stop to Orlando. There are not many places you can go without stopping from our airport so being crowded is almost worth a straight flight.

Upvote 0

CREEKWAYNE

Sounds way cool!:D I will have to check them out! Do they offer decent pricing too?:confused:

11 days and counting....:sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Dwarful

are they more of an east coast airline? or maybe they just skip over parts of the midwest? We live in Illinois but when we fly it has to be out of St.Louis (I'm not driving 6 hours to Chicago to catch a cheaper flight!)

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

jetBlue is not a "cheap airline", but they are cheaper than the other major airlines. From Rochester, NY to Orlando it's about $200, which is quite cheap compared to what it used to be. We are flying from Rochester to Long Beach, CA in March and it cost about $350, which is also very cheap for flying to Disneyland. jetBlue now services:
Buffalo, NY
Burlington, VT
Denver, CO
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Ft. Myers, FL
LA/Long Beach, CA
LA/Ontario, CA
Las Vegas, NV
New Orleans, LA
New York, NY
Orlando, FL
Rochester, NY
Salt Lake City, UT
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Seattle, WA
San Francisco/Oakland, CA
Syracuse, NY
Tampa, FL
Washington, D.C.

So, they clearly stick mainly to the East and West Coasts, with a few stops inbetween, but they are continually expanding,
and West Palm Beach, FL

Upvote 0
I've flown them once in the last year (compared to about 100 flights on other airlines), and they were excellent. Think of them as Southwest Airlines, but a notch or two higher on the "hip" scale (and with assigned seating, I believe).

Pluses:
-Good prices (last-second fares are very good, like Southwest)
-Comfortable seats
-Better snacks than other airlines (used to be a disadvantage - no meals, but now since most airlines rarely offer meals, it's an advantage)
-Directv in every seat
-Fun attitude
-Very new planes

Minuses:
-Still small - fewer flights and locations
-Less convienient flight times (they generally take the non-peak times, especially at their JFK hub)
-No first class (so for frequent fliers, there's no getting upgraded. However, with their comfortable seats in coach, not a big deal)
-Frequent flier program not as strong as the "major" airlines.

I think if you live near a hub (JFK or the growing Long Beach one), they're definitely worth checking out, especially for leisure travel.

Upvote 0

Tim G

Why should I............LOL

I live there........LOL

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by JoshUlfers
I'm in News Orleans. JetBlue only flies to New York from here.

jetBlue only flies to New York from most places--that is their hub. You then go from New York to your destination. It would be pretty stupid to go from New Orleans to Orlando via jetBlue, but there are other locations that would be convenient. Again, they are expanding. As for not having first class, that is because they treat everyone to a first class type arrangement. First Class is ridiculous anyway. Pay three times as much for more leg room, better blankets, better head phones, and make everyone in coach feel like pond scum. jetBlue gives everyone the same great treatment without the asinine fares. I don't care how soft the blankets are, I'm not spending $800 to get to Orlando. TrueBlue (their air miles type program) uses points instead of air miles. After my trip to Disneyland, we will already have 48 TrueBlue points! You need 100 for a free flight.

Upvote 0

Debbie

Originally posted by DogsRule!
It would be pretty stupid to go from New Orleans to Orlando via jetBlue

Oh so just herd us like cattle onto a prop plane:rolleyes: . I was going to try JetBlue if we could fly to WDW in Dec. I'm disappointed to learn that's not an option. I do want to try them one day. It's just that we can't afford to travel alot and flying is a real treat.

I was just kidding about the cattle thing:lol: . don't take me serious. I was really kidding.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

well, if you ever want to fly up to the major resort town of Rochester, NY, then jetBlue would be an option:) "to the left of the bus is the slums, and to the right, our toxic river"

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom