Jessica Rabbit removed from Trunk- Roger Rabbits Cartoon Spin

The Aracuan Bird

It’s just a bizarre choice. Like, why? What justifies it? Is it the kidnapping? Cartoon females are kidnapped in a lot of children’s media, including the most popular ongoing children’s video game series. Is it the trunk? It’s a talking cartoon car.

It’s not the end of the world, no, but what purpose does this serve? It hasn’t even garnered good publicity on Twitter, and they usually love this kind of stuff.

TP2000

You make a great point, all these changes are happening without warning. No one knows what to expect anymore. How can I be a fan of something if it always changes? What's left for me to be a fan of? The name Disney?

It's not just change. I'm not opposed to change per se.

It's erasure. Removal. Cancellation. Replacing an animatronic with non-sensical barrels.

Jessica Rabbitt was placed in that trunk for impactful storytelling purposes by professional Imagineers. She was removed from the trunk by a committee of hacks from HR who couldn't tell a story if their lives depended on it.

The stories that Disneyland tells do not get better when you remove and erase key elements from them. The stories get weaker, become irrelevant, and the park suffers for that.

TP2000

It’s just a bizarre choice. Like, why? What justifies it? Is it the kidnapping? Cartoon females are kidnapped in a lot of children’s media, including the most popular ongoing children’s video game series. Is it the trunk? It’s a talking cartoon car.

It’s not the end of the world, no, but what purpose does this serve? It hasn’t even garnered good publicity on Twitter, and they usually love this kind of stuff.

It's an HR Committee that has to prove it's worth and salaries to their executives, and show how they are doing stuff. Stuff! We did stuff!

If Jessicca Rabbit in the trunk of a car can be erased instantly overnight, nothing is safe. Not the Tiki Room, not Mr. Lincoln, not Small World, not the Rivers of America, not Dumbo, not Tom Sawyer Island or the Mark Twain. Heck, the Sailing Ship Columbia is the living embodiment of cultural imperialism, Manifest Destiny, and white supremacy. Also animal cruelty.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Isn't she still just past this car trunk scene? She was always canoodling with Roger in a taxicab stuck in dip.

d4641a21add2934ab5b82c18f9767edb.jpg

Oh nice! Forgot about that. Glad to see she still exists in a couple different places on the ride… for now. I mean that’s very close to some side b.o.o.b showing.

This site is just as bad as Disneyland. We can’t say b.o.o.b?

BuzzedPotatoHead89

It's an HR Committee that has to prove it's worth and salaries to their executives, and show how they are doing stuff. Stuff! We did stuff!

If Jessicca Rabbit in the trunk of a car can be erased instantly overnight, nothing is safe. Not the Tiki Room, not Mr. Lincoln, not Small World, not the Rivers of America, not Dumbo, not Tom Sawyer Island or the Mark Twain. Heck, the Sailing Ship Columbia is the living embodiment of cultural imperialism, Manifest Destiny, and white supremacy.

From my experience in corporate America the irony of these HR committees is that they usually are created with the best of intentions. Typically with the broad goal to try to create a more diverse workforce with representation from underrepresented associates and diversifying the ranks of company leadership.

However when senior executives are reluctant to “give up” their own salaries/positions in the interest of promoting real representation and inclusion, most of these HR D&I committees then become “busy work factories” that have to focus on a litany of special projects that necessitate the continuance of their existence. I’ve seen this firsthand, unfortunately.

SteveAZee

No kidding. Somehow it's entirely appropriate for young boys to play Disney video games like this...

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Finsertcoin%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F06%2Fcontest-of-champions4.jpg

But a cartoon damsel in distress in the trunk of a car driven by Zoot Suit wearing weasels must be erased. Weasels! In Zoot Suits!
This particular game is rated T for teens, so older boys.

TP2000

From my experience in corporate America the irony of these HR committees is that they usually are created with the best of intentions. Typically with the broad to try to create a more diverse workforce with representation from underrepresented associates and diversifying the ranks of company leadership.

However when senior executives are reluctant to “give up” their own salaries/positions in the interest of promoting real representation and inclusion, most of these HR D&I committees then become “busy work factories” that have to focus on a litany of special projects that necessitate the continuance of their existence. I’ve seen this firsthand, unfortunately.

I agree. I got out of corporate America before the worst of that appeared, but I completely believe it. It's obvious.

What's fascinating is how white-bread so much of Disney's senior executives can be. And yet they just completely freak out about "Inclusion" now, so long as it doesn't mean their job.

Ever taken a look at the Captains for the Disney Cruise Line? Every single one of them is a white man. Every single one. Not a single woman, all men of European ancestry. These guys are so white and bland they make me look like a Solid Gold Dancer! :cool:

Last edited:

BasiltheBatLord

I really can't wrap my head around the point of this one. Kidnapping? "Violence against women?" It's not Jessica Rabbit herself because as others have said she's still in the ride (unless those are getting removed soon too)

Not just the illogicality of it but the fact that she was just replaced with barrels. A great example of how creatively soulless. Disney is today.

Again remember there is an entire committee within the company getting paid probably not insignificant amounts of money to put forth recommendations like this and they actually think they're contributing positively to the world in some way. What a joke.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I really can't wrap my head around the point of this one. Kidnapping? "Violence against women?" It's not Jessica Rabbit herself because as others have said she's still in the ride (unless those are getting removed soon too)

Not just the illogicality of it but the fact that she was just replaced with "barrels" A great example of how creatively soulless. Disney is today.

But we have to say “we don’t care” because otherwise we’d be admitting that the far left/ liberal/ cancel culture agenda is getting out of hand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom