"Jersey Week" in November? How busy is it?

mbroschak

I've read that "Jersey week" in the second week of November makes the parks more crowded, but they are generally so quiet that time of year that it's not that bad. Has anyone heard about or been there during that time? Thanks :)

slappy magoo

On the 2nd Thursday & Friday in November, schools in NJ are off for a 4-day weekend so teachers can attend a conference/convention, usually if not always in Atlantic City. Many families take advantage of the long weekend, and sometimes even take the kids out of school for an extra day or three, and head down to WDW. I didn't realize hoe prevalent us Joisians were until my fiancee & I were looking into buying into the Disney Vacation Club. Fiancee is a teacher, and our DVC rep said "Well, I guess we'll be seeing you during Jersey Week!" We smiled and I asked "November?" And our rep said "Absolutely." The only down side to marrying a teacher-especially one with a work ethic like my Shannon-is that we can only go down to WDW during the peak times-holidays and summer. The last few weeks in August is the closest thing we have to an ideal time, because so many other schools go back in session mid-August, but of course, then it's a hundred and eleventy-seven degrees. The price I pay...stupid love, ruins everything...

Anyway the rep said it's usually a noticeable, but completely manageable, spike in attendance that week. I mean, it's not like the whole state goes down. It's still nothing compared to Thanksgiving two weeks later.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
It's not overly crowded...it's moreso that for the uninitiated, it's a bit of a challenge dealing with the large percentage of us Joisey folks...so it feels like more. :lol:

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

its definately not crowded that time. We are going on the 12th and i've been there a couple times that week and i still watch our videos...it looks like we have the parks to ourselves. Its not like the entire state of NJ goes. Crowded is summertime and holidays...thats crowded. The week after labor day up until the week before thanksgiving are the least crowded times to go.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom