Jersey Roll Call!!

HouCuseChickie

Home of Bowcraft on Rt. 22 (not there anymore)...my then GF (now DW), spent MANY dates paying miniature golf there...

I'd heard that Bowcraft was torn down to make way for more housing. It's too bad. I have so many memories of the indoor and outdoor mini golf there. Of course we were in FL on vacation when Bruce Willis and Demi Moore were there to film scenes for a movie back in the 80s.

HouCuseChickie

That's great! I always eat my fill when I visit home! A nice scrapple and egg sandwich is heaven!!!!

My dad is from south Jersey and it was big with all of our family down there, but nobody I knew where I was growing up (closer to NY) had a clue about the stuff. It's crazy...I don't really remember Taylor Ham too well (although, I can get it here for an insane price), but Scrapple I remember :)

WDWmazprty

My dad is from south Jersey and it was big with all of our family down there, but nobody I knew where I was growing up (closer to NY) had a clue about the stuff. It's crazy...I don't really remember Taylor Ham too well (although, I can get it here for an insane price), but Scrapple I remember :)

Yeah, I know scrapple is more of a tri-state thing (NJ, Del, PA) not surprised the NY area wouldn't know about it. I think some parts of Ohio or Michigan know about it as well as the Carolinas.

DisneyJoe

We call it Pork Roll in Southern NJ/Philadelphia area.

I love Scrapple too.

I'm from Southern NJ - Sicklerville, spent many summers in either Ocean City NJ and Stone Harbor before that. I worked many years in Philadelphia.

HouCuseChickie

We call it Pork Roll in Southern NJ/Philadelphia area.

I love Scrapple too.

I'm from Southern NJ - Sicklerville, spent many summers in either Ocean City NJ and Stone Harbor before that. I worked many years in Philadelphia.

I've seen many a Taylor Ham vs. Pork Roll terminology debate...and my friends insist I've eaten them on both ends of the state under both names. Maybe my brain was just confused and too consumed by things like Disco Fries :hilarious: Oh how I miss NJ diners!

Wow! My aunt and uncle live in Sicklerville. Small world :)

HouCuseChickie

We still have some great diners around here! No Scrapple and we eat our TAYLOR HAM lol

So how may of you say CAWFEE besides me????

Pam

I didn't realize I had an accent until I left NJ. I was in a room with some friends, watching SNL, and the Coffee Talk skit came on (Paul Baldwin vintage before they started doing Linda Richman). Everyone was rolling on the floor, laughing hysterically...but I didn't get it. My one friend questioned why I wasn't laughing, and I replied, "I don't get what's so funny about DAWGS, DAWTERS, and CAWFEE!" They paused for a moment...someone quickly blurted out that I can't hear it...and they were laughing so hard they were in tears. I haven't lived in NJ since the early 90s and it's physically impossible for me to not say these words (and a handful of others) with the AW sound.

Tony the Tigger

I didn't realize I had an accent until I left NJ. I was in a room with some friends, watching SNL, and the Coffee Talk skit came on (Paul Baldwin vintage before they started doing Linda Richman). Everyone was rolling on the floor, laughing hysterically...but I didn't get it. My one friend questioned why I wasn't laughing, and I replied, "I don't get what's so funny about DAWGS, DAWTERS, and CAWFEE!" They paused for a moment...someone quickly blurted out that I can't hear it...and they were laughing so hard they were in tears. I haven't lived in NJ since the early 90s and it's physically impossible for me to not say these words (and a handful of others) with the AW sound.

My accent has partly diminished after 20 years in Florida - don’t know why/how.

But if I get drunk or angry, it’s right back!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom