Jeff Heimbuch: A Great Big Broken Tomorrow

Californian Elitist

Amen to everything, sister. Leave it to Texas to break it down so eloquently.

P.S. Speaking of Philharmagic have you looked at the vents on the seats in front of you that blast the water out? It's pretty much caked with gunk, sediments, and all manner of disease, I'm sure one of the Hepatitises are represented ... disgusting. As a general PSA I'd close your mouth when you know the water sprays are coming.

?!?! Are you serious?!?!

Malin

Original Poster
Just an anecdote from last month's trip --
COP's father in the 40's section went through all it's movements, but the mouth wouldn't move -- it was downright eerie --
Right afterwards I told the operator at the desk outside the attraction. About an hour later, the COP was closed, and later in the afternoon, on a re-ride, the mouth movement had indeed been reset and fixed.
Sometimes you just need to open your mouth and tell someone about what you see.

While I agree Guests should speak out much more. Do you think your complaint was the reason for the shutdown. Or was it something more severe and the Maintenance crew took advantage of the down-time to fix the broken effect. I like to think it was Disney acting out on your complaint but have my doubts.

tomman710

?!?! Are you serious?!?!

Oh very serious ... it's beyond nasty and worse its totally avoidable if they dedicated what like one night a month to wiping those down? The amount of sediment, gunk, and whatever on there looks like it hasn't been touched in (YEARS)?

copcarguyp71

Oh very serious ... it's beyond nasty and worse its totally avoidable if they dedicated what like one night a month to wiping those down? The amount of sediment, gunk, and whatever on there looks like it hasn't been touched in (YEARS)?

I have to agree. It goes back to one of my previous posts regarding Philharmagics' seats. If the execs ever so much as set foot in the parks there are some things that I guarantee they could not miss and would be appalled at. I doubt very much any of their entitled arses would even make contact with these seats if they actually SAW the condition. Granted us fanbois can get pretty fanatical but some things are so glowingly wrong with regard to health and safety that it makes my temples throb that they go unnoticed.

flynnibus

Premium Member
well if we are gonna talk about dirty attractions, scuffs, missing paint, etc... here are some I saw this week

i-vgb5vFH-L.jpg

i-Kwvx5ZG-L.jpg

Check out the pealing surface...
i-KxgK57G-L.jpg

oh wait... those are all Disneyland!

Here's some dirty buildings
i-BdRgFGK-L.jpg

Someone needs to get out there and clean up all that mildew and dirt..
Then there is the grim on Space itself
i-hjKgSBS-L.jpg

On Alice..
i-4JPcTk4-L.jpg

Nice railings showing wear...
i-nxjLdrt-L.jpg

And the biggest mess DL has let go on for many months now.. the atrocious tarps. So bad, they are all worn out now and deplorable..
i-wRtL68F-L.jpg

I offer these.. only to show things aren't all perfect elsewhere.. and some of the photos in the OP (like scuffs at the floor) are pretty petty.

Oh, don't even look at the floor in the inside of Space Mountain's queue at DL if you don't want to be revolted.

That said, show effects were working very well in general :)

flynnibus

Premium Member
The peeling picture in Jolly Holiday Bakery no longer looks like that. It's fine, now.

As for the other problems... Yuck.

DL uses so many painted handrails they never stand a chance at holding up to the wear. It's like that everywhere they use painted metal handrails to some degree. Look down as you enter the indoor section of Space Mountain and checkout that floor..

Amen to everything, sister. Leave it to Texas to break it down so eloquently.

P.S. Speaking of Philharmagic have you looked at the vents on the seats in front of you that blast the water out? It's pretty much caked with gunk, sediments, and all manner of disease, I'm sure one of the Hepatitises are represented ... disgusting. As a general PSA I'd close your mouth when you know the water sprays are coming.
Yup. I'm from here and live in Houston but I'd probably pick elsewhere to live if I didn't need to work but economically speaking it's a hard city to leave when all things are factored in ..

Anyway ... back on topic ... yes it's annoying that we are having these discussions and it's even more annoying that I have bought SW and Uni annual passes and have booked at hotels at Uni and off Disney site for upcoming trips (it's not annoying that I bought those or am staying there, I really enjoy those places ... it's annoying from the perspective that I am planning on letting my Disney AP expire and I didn't even give it a thought to book on site or care much about going to the WDW parks ... it's annoying that they have driven another, once rabid, fan to look elsewhere ... )

Last time I went to Philharmagic, I was wearing a white t-shirt. When I left, the front had water marks. No biggie. Two hours later, I looked down and I had little black marks and what looked like rusty marks. From the spitting vents. I went to Town Hall and showed the young lady who was very nice and they offered me a new Disney Tshirt. I said no thank you because clothing with characters isn't really my thing and honestly, I wanted to make sure they knew about it. Gross isn't even the word..... blech.

rct247

I know this is digging up an old thread, but visited Epcot today and see that they are doing something with the ceiling in Norway. Looks like they are painting it. At least it looks better.

903385_10102355160371668_2067479234_o.jpg

ifuhadwings

I persuaded a group of about 14 with 5 little kids to go see CBJ. The sound was so blurry and muffled. This was July 2010. Going again soon.Did they fix the sound? How could they not? These folks were from out of town, I'm from FL. Was so embarrassed. They were like WTH is this? The Country Bears were so charming. I hate complaining ,but...

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I persuaded a group of about 14 with 5 little kids to go see CBJ. The sound was so blurry and muffled. This was July 2010. Going again soon.Did they fix the sound? How could they not? These folks were from out of town, I'm from FL. Was so embarrassed. They were like WTH is this? The Country Bears were so charming. I hate complaining ,but...

They did a refurb soon after your visit on CBJ. I'm happy to report it was much improved when I saw it last year (I too saw it in Aug 2010, and it was in poor shape).

ifuhadwings

They did a refurb soon after your visit on CBJ. I'm happy to report it was much improved when I saw it last year (I too saw it in Aug 2010, and it was in poor shape).
Good, I couldn't believe no one would notice this. Hope they take the little ones in again. Glad you noticed I thought it was me not remembering how great it used to sound. Now I'll have to resell this attraction all over again.

BoarderPhreak

I know this is digging up an old thread, but visited Epcot today and see that they are doing something with the ceiling in Norway. Looks like they are painting it. At least it looks better.
OMG! FINALLY! :eek:

(But painting over mould is not going to get rid of it - only send the spores floating about)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom