Jammin' Jungle or Share a Dream

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
My husband and I are planning to see a daytime parade but we can't decide between the Jammin' Jungle at AK or Share a Dream at MK. Any suggestions from those of you who have seen them? Thanks!

Darwin

Gee, that's pretty much a flip of a coin, cause they are both great. I'm actually biased for Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade since I worked at DAK. I loved it. If you are wondering around Africa about noon time and see some cast members talking to guests near the gate by the enterance of Kilimanjaro Safari ride, they're asking guests to sit in the parade vehicles. You might get lucky.

brertigger

I recommend Jammin' Jungle Parade. I just prefer it over MK's parade (partly because I have seen MK's many more times). They are both very good parades. You really can't go wrong with either.

Safari Giraffe

I really like both parades also, but I am a big fan of Animal Kingdom so my favorite is the Jammin' Jungle parade. It just has a really great beat to it.:)

Sticks in my head all day.:lol:

barnum42

Jamin Jungle is brighter with more energy and is my personal favourite. Share a Dream is probably more what people expect of a Disney parade.

goofyfamily

We have been to Disney the last 4 years, and last year was the first time we did the Jammin Jungle Parade although it was very colorful and we did like it I would still choose the Share a Dream Parade whuch we have seen every trip. We are going this fall again and I would not make it a point to do the Jammin Jungle but if you have never seen it it is worth seeing once.

col

both!!! i could not just pick one.

AK parade has a more vibrant and energetic feel to it and that music is infectious i love it.

as for the MK parade i could not miss that either that parade to me is "disney" and it has a storybook/dream feel to it.

so to answer your question i couldnt miss both. if you do decide to miss one you can always watch a video of the parade on the web. right now im watching MJJP.

heres the link (go to sound and video):

http://ww2.disneydreams.net:8080/

Ariellen

I'm casting another vote for Jammin' Jungle. :) I like SADCT a lot, but I think Jammin' Jungle is the most unique of the Disney parades...I love the giant animal 'puppet' floats; the parade reminds me a lot of The Lion King Broadway show in terms of how they bring the 'animals' to life. And the song is very catchy! Share a Dream Come True is a lovely parade, but I prefer the originality of Jammin' Jungle.

DisneyMarg

My hubby doesn't like parades - not the traditional kind, like at Macy's, nor the Disney kind, like at Magic Kingdom. But even HE liked the Animal Kingdom parade - just a little, but he did like it. It wasn't torture. That's as good a recommendation as you can get.

I like all parades and LOVE the AK parade.

relloron

Ive never seen the one at AK, but I never really want to. The people I talk to say its just not as good as the other parades.

SADCT is my favorite parade. I like it more than Spectromagic too. I just love it. If I was going to chose between seeing AK's parade for the first time, or SADCT for the 100th time, I would choose SADCT.

Darwin

col said:
so to answer your question i couldnt miss both. if you do decide to miss one you can always watch a video of the parade on the web. right now im watching MJJP.

heres the link (go to sound and video):

http://ww2.disneydreams.net:8080/
Hey thanks COL for putting that site up. I've been wanting to find some of that music and stuff for a while. You rock!

The music is great for both parades. I have an instumental version remake of the SADCT parade which is awesome.

beyondinfinity

Have to SADCT

As much as I enjoy the music from MJJP at DAK, this is a no-brainer for me.....SADCT all the way. Being able to watch this magical parade on Main Street, USA with Cinderella Castle in the background is awesome. It is the WDW that I grew up wanting to visit watching WWOD on Sunday nights.

(It is great to have the entire soundtrack from both parades that I can play at home, in my office, in my car or on my mp3 player when I take a walk, too!!!):sohappy:

PintoColvig

You don't have to wait as long to get a good spot for the AK parade. And it seems to me that you are able to get much closer to it than the MK one. Parade times are great times to go ride attractions so, if given a choice, I would skip the MK parade and hit an attraction or two.

Darwin

Another thing about the Animal Kindom parade is what you want to do after the parade. The route comes out of a gate in Africa, goes around Discovery Island, around to Asia and back in to Africa. If you don't want to wait for crowded lines, you can watch it in Africa, and when it leaves jump in line for the Safari ride, or you might be able to run over to Asia before the parade reaches that location. If you watch it near Dinoland, you'll have to wait for the parade if you want to head to Asia and by the time you go around to Africa, the lines will fill all up again. Or you could just stay in Africa the whole time and watch the parade twice. :)

col

Darwin said:
Hey thanks COL for putting that site up. I've been wanting to find some of that music and stuff for a while. You rock!

The music is great for both parades. I have an instumental version remake of the SADCT parade which is awesome.

your welcome. im always watching the videos on that site.

here is another site that has loads of disney music and resort music and ride music -i recommend it!!

http://dtuneslive.com/index.php

its set up by a member of these boards called android:XS.

by the way what was it like working at AK as it is one of my fave parks along with MK.:)

Darwin

col said:
your welcome. im always watching the videos on that site. here is another site that has loads of disney music and resort music and ride music -i recommend it!! http://dtuneslive.com/index.php its set up by a member of these boards called android:XS. by the way what was it like working at AK as it is one of my fave parks along with MK.:)

COL, double thanks for the other site. Working at the Animal Kindom was so great it's hard to place words for it. I did the college program when I got the job and it was my first time there at the AK. The last time I was at WDW was when I was little. I don't get a lot of opportunity to go there living in Utah. I did custodial and that was great because I got to walk around the park instead of getting stuck behind a ride. My favorite time, however, was in the evenings when the park closed and they walked the rest of the guests out. The park is so quiet, you can hear the crickets chirping, the birds singing, the ambient music playing in the bushes and stand on one of the bridges watching the sun set. It was almost like the park was all mine. I wish some day you might get the same experience since you share the same love of the Animal Kindom as I do. I miss working there.

joanna71985

Oh man, that's a hard one. They are both really good. I agree with the others who say that MJJP is the more upbeat parade. But SADCT has a more classical parade feel to it. You can't go wrong with either one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom