Jammin Jungle closing in June

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Excellent move by Disney, get rid of a costly daily labour intensive activity. This prudent fiscal management will deliver further dynamic guest experiences through use of magic bands and the ability to the soon to open walkway reservation time, allowing you to book unrestricted access to footpaths to aid departure and egress to restaurants and areas of photographic opportunity, so your Disney approved Photopass picture is not degraded by unpleasant looking guests, foreign looking types or Nimitz class strollers.

I love the smell of sarcasm in the morning... (With apologies to Col Kurtz)

Meh...I never thought it was that good, and it was an operations/guest flow nightmare. It is, however, a major blow to the park in that you now have 0 reason to linger in the park for a major piece of entertainment, leading to even more early departures.
By then Fotlk should be running again.

Bolt

Well, yeah, but if you saw an early showing, or didn't plan on seeing it at all, it doesn't really matter. This happened once per day, later in the day precisely to keep people around. I'm surprised they never pushed it back to after 4, personally.
Ding ding ding

novawildcat18

I'm extremely surprised at this news. Although I'm not too saddened by the actual loss of this parade since I never cared for it at all, I'm saddened by the fact that Entertainment is just being cut right and left. Entertainment is what put Disney at a whole level above all other theme parks, in my opinion, and it seems to be the most expendable thing in TDO's minds. Sad.

Buried20KLeague

Once again... I couldn't be happier that in three weeks I'll be spending 8 days in the tokyo parks, with no desire what so ever to visit WDW anytime in the foreseeable future.

Vote with your wallet people. It will be the only thing that matters... If ANYTHING does.

What we have to remember is that there is a HUGE line of people to take the place of each and every single one of us that chooses to spend our money elsewhere. A long line of people that don't know any better. So even if all of us stopped going as of today, it would likely take years for TDO to care.

But hey. I'm doing my part. Can't wait to be back in the best Disney parks on the planet... And love that Disney will make minimum profit from me.

Hey OLC!!!!! Take my wallet!!!! Please!!

Matt_Black

If there weren't plans to add more entertainment, then I think the outrage would have merit. However, this is being cut to make way for the aforementioned new evening entertainment.

mm52200

If there weren't plans to add more entertainment, then I think the outrage would have merit. However, this is being cut to make way for the aforementioned new evening entertainment.
I guess it's a shame to lose more character/parade performer shifts/jobs and also how soon is this new nighttime show supposed to be even coming? If the parade was ending and the new nighttime show was starting immediately I would be fine, but I just feel like there will be a big gap.

WDWYankee15

I'm extremely surprised at this news. Although I'm not too saddened by the actual loss of this parade since I never cared for it at all, I'm saddened by the fact that Entertainment is just being cut right and left. Entertainment is what put Disney at a whole level above all other theme parks, in my opinion, and it seems to be the most expendable thing in TDO's minds. Sad.
This!

WDWYankee15

In 3 years! I'm not morning the loss of the parade as I never enjoyed this one. However, I am morning the loss of another entertainment option. Especially in a park other than MK, which all need each and every ride, show, and attraction it can to be viable. Using the excuse of, or the cover of "the future" is inexcusable. I want future nice things but not at the complete expense of today. My kids are the age to meet and experience the characters now in their full magic. 3 years from now that moment will have lost some if not all of that "magic." So I herald the news of new and better things, but don't dare dangle the promise of "tomorrow" as an excuse for a poor and lacking product today.

Last edited:

Seabasealpha1

I'm good with this...I find the parade at AK to be a royal pain in the patoot. The walkways are too narrow and on a busy day you can't friggin' see the parade anyway for all the people.

I'm actually okay with no parades anywhere but MK. They don't really feel like they fit Epcot or AK. I guess DHS could maybe be okay...but not with that hat...

Sweet Thing

In 3 years! I'm not morning the loss of the parade as I never enjoyed this one. However, I am morning the loss of another entertainment option. Especially in a park other than MK, which all need each and every ride, show, and attraction it can to be viable. Using the excuse of, or the cover of "the future" is inexcusable. I want future nice things but not at the complete expense of today. My kids are the age to meet and experience the characters now in their full magic. 3 years from now that moment will have lost some if not all of that "magic." So I herald the news of new and better things, but don't dare dangle the promise of "tomorrow" as an excuse for a poor and lacking product today.
Bottom line, due to the construction, parade vehicles won't be able to access the route. Entertainment will be added but they have four months to figure that out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom