Jammin Jungle closing in June

ABQ

Have you been in AK during a parade? ;)
Certainly it's an awkwardly shaped park making for tough parade routes, but the parade was short and simple, possibly a good thing for any parade and only run once per day, so not a big deal.
And not that it matters, as it could change at any time, the calendar on the official disneyworld web site shows the parade all throughout June and in July as well.

asianway

Certainly it's an awkwardly shaped park making for tough parade routes, but the parade was short and simple, possibly a good thing for any parade and only run once per day, so not a big deal.
And not that it matters, as it could change at any time, the calendar on the official disneyworld web site shows the parade all throughout June and in July as well.
Cast have been informed it's final

BoarderPhreak

Have you ever been to MK during a parade?
Difference is, the routes are wider open (as opposed to closed in by trees, etc.) and there are more, larger areas of the park you can retreat to.

No, the parade is over at the end of May.

CDavid

Good riddance. I always hated when that parade would fire up and all the walkways were jammed. Whole park became grid lock.

I assume then you also hate any parades in the Magic Kingdom - including MSEP or SpectroMagic on Main Street, events which lent new meaning to the phrase "congestion".

Sorry guys, but the very idea of a parade involves large numbers of people standing along the pathway. For most Disney parades, the experience is well worth putting up with the crowds, but it can largely be avoided if you aren't interested.

I know the parade caused congestion like any parade...but saying AK and parades don't work isn't true because they ran one every day for the last 12 years. I think if it was a major problem they would have already gotten rid of it.

Indeed. And worse still, it is yet another experience (entertainment) cut without a replacement. If there were a new parade coming in the future I'd give them a pass (especially during construction), but we have no indication there will ever be.

Have you been in AK during a parade? ;)

Have you ever been to MK during a parade?

Yes, to both, many times, with the Magic Kingdom by far the more congested. If clogged pathways were a valid reason, shouldn't all MK parades also be eliminated (at least from Main Street)?

Now they can bring it back for Christmas week and call it Limited Time Magic.

I wish they would, even though I know it'll never happen. It wasn't a bad little Christmas parade, so I've heard far worse ideas.

UofMGuy423

I assume then you also hate any parades in the Magic Kingdom - including MSEP or SpectroMagic on Main Street, events which lent new meaning to the phrase "congestion".

Yes, I loathe the daytime Magic Kingdom parade. My kids have no interest in it and it only congests the main areas of the Park. We plan our day around avoiding it, but sometimes we still get stuck by it.

I don't mind the night time parades as much as by then the park crowds have winded down, so you can get around the Park a little easier.

BTAN

However the parade did cut wait time immensely when it was going on. Last time I was there (January) KS had a 60min wait at the beginning of the parade and the end of the parade we walked right on, literally did not wait a second.

Tom Morrow

This parade leaving doesn't bother me at all. I don't really care about seeing any parades, and they just make navigating the park a hassle. Let MK be the hectic, bombastic park, and the other three be more laid back.

Seriously, the stress created by the crowd control for the parades is so elevated that I wonder if it's really worth it.

SAV

Very, Very upset by this date. I was hoping to be able to see it one(or two)last times on my June trip. It is my all-time favorite of the parades. I guess I'll just have to remember it from my last trip in 2012.

wdrive

Should nicely pad out some executive's bonuses. Make that bottom line a little thicker cutting out one of those pesky expensive parades.

joanna71985

Very, Very upset by this date. I was hoping to be able to see it one(or two)last times on my June trip. It is my all-time favorite of the parades. I guess I'll just have to remember it from my last trip in 2012.

Has the end date been announced?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom