Jambo House unavailable for booking through the rest of 2020?

nickys

Premium Member
Yeah, the whole thing has us confused a bit as well. We have an April 2021 trip booked DVC Jambo, and wonder (if its Ok to go) where we'll end up!
By then all DVC resorts will be open. it’s only Jambo House now that is a little unclear, but even if they postpone the opening a little it will open by the the end of September for sure.

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
From what I've seen and read, it will in fact be open, but just to DVC reservations, and nothing else will be open in the resort at first (like no store, mara, jiko, etc).

We still have reservations there, and we just got our park reservations for October set too. Now I just gotta wait until August to get our restaurant reservations. The wait is killing me...

BlackCauldron

By then all DVC resorts will be open. it’s only Jambo House now that is a little unclear, but even if they postpone the opening a little it will open by the the end of September for sure.

Do we know if Jambo DVC opened today as scheduled?

ETA: I'll answer my own question. Jambo DVC is open. Apparently, only the pool is open on the Jambo side. No shopping, no dining. Not even front desk, which seems so strange. Guests must use online check in and go to their rooms. Any adjustments need to be made over at Kidani.

I give it a day or two before there are massive complaints from DVC members staying here under this situation, and being charged the same allotment of points for pretty much no service whatsoever. Disney should have just continued to transfer Jambo members to Kidani, or consider opening some other amenities up.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Do we know if Jambo DVC opened today as scheduled?

ETA: I'll answer my own question. Jambo DVC is open. Apparently, only the pool is open on the Jambo side. No shopping, no dining. Not even front desk, which seems so strange. Guests must use online check in and go to their rooms. Any adjustments need to be made over at Kidani.

I give it a day or two before there are massive complaints from DVC members staying here under this situation, and being charged the same allotment of points for pretty much no service whatsoever. Disney should have just continued to transfer Jambo members to Kidani, or consider opening some other amenities up.
We knew most of that already. They already said only the pool was opening.

There is a twitter post from the first person to check in today.

BlackCauldron

Are resort buses still picking up from Jambo? With the limited space on the bus, and they fact they pick up at Kidani first, is there even any room left? Wondering if it's just easier to walk over to Kidani and grab a bus there.

nickys

Premium Member
Are resort buses still picking up from Jambo? With the limited space on the bus, and they fact they pick up at Kidani first, is there even any room left? Wondering if it's just easier to walk over to Kidani and grab a bus there.
They are picking up at Jambo. Not sure if Jambo have their own dedicated buses or not though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom