Jambo House unavailable for booking through the rest of 2020?

Club Cooloholic

Resort lobbies can be overwhelmed just the same as pool areas. Good luck finding a seat to relax in the lobby at Animal Kingdom Lodge around dinner time.
Yeah, but if you are staying there, you know that's the deal and can fortunately go any other time when it is quiet. I try to visit a national park at least every other year, and finding a room available at the most lovely lodges is not always easy to do, but I certainly appreciate the opportunity to at least walk around their lobbies and stroll the grounds.

nickys

Premium Member
So a poster on another site had a reply from Terri Schulz, VP of DVC, to an email.

The simple explanation is there are not enough bookings at AKL to justify opening both parts. As and when bookings pick up, Jambo House will open.

That means that probably by September at least, they will open. By then, the normal DVC busy season will be starting and I think people will start returning.

It sucks for those who want to stay at JH because the only way to have it open is for more people to book Kidani. And then those that hold their nerve and can commit to booking last minute will get the JH villas.

Last edited:

RememberWhen

So a poster on another site had a reply from Terri Schulz, VP of DVC, to an email.

The simple explanation is there are not enough bookings at AKL to justify opening both parts. As and when bookings pick up, Jambo House will open.

That means that probably by September at least, they will open. By then, the normal DVC busy season will be starting and I think people will start returning.

It sucks for those who want to stay at JH because the only way to have it open is for more people to book Kidani. And then those that hold their nerve and can commit to booking last minute will get the JH villas.
If true, that’s great news. I suppose people could waitlist Jambo and book Kidani. We’re excited to stay at Kidani, but really hope Jambo will be open. 🤞

BlackCauldron

Has there been any further information on how they are handling current reservations for those booked at Jambo DVC for June/July? Is Disney simply transferring them to Kidani (or another similarly-pointed DVC like SS or OKW)? OR are they cancelling them outright?

I have a DVC stay at Jambo (on rented points) in September. Anxious to know what I will be dealing with, if they haven't opened it up yet.

nickys

Premium Member
Has there been any further information on how they are handling current reservations for those booked at Jambo DVC for June/July? Is Disney simply transferring them to Kidani (or another similarly-pointed DVC like SS or OKW)? OR are they cancelling them outright?

I have a DVC stay at Jambo (on rented points) in September. Anxious to know what I will be dealing with, if they haven't opened it up yet.
They’re only working 2-3 weeks ahead right now as far as I know. But moving you to Kidani is likely. If you rented privately you could contact the owner and discuss other options perhaps, otherwise sit tight is my advice.

KYDVC

I called DVC because my stay was for 7/16-26. They told me they were working through the list of people with active reservations and moving them to other resorts. I waited on hold for 1.5 hours (first for the agent, then for the supervisor to assist), and basically they did what I could have done myself. Obviously, I was limited to the places that had availability, but they weren't going to do anything to help me with the cost of some of those (I don't know if they historically do that or not).

My recommendation is to find a different place that has availability now, before they get to the people in September and fill up the other properties. Then, you can wait list JH.

BlackCauldron

Yay! Not that I’m going, just yay!

Did you just happen to see it?

Just saw this on a few blog sites, Jambo wide open now (value studios as well) and several were able to book for end of June. Very much hope this isn't just a system glitch. Perhaps Disney was holding this back as a possibility for the MLS / MBA, but since those are now being housed elsewhere they can finally release it.

nickys

Premium Member
Just saw this on a few blog sites, Jambo wide open now (value studios as well) and several were able to book for end of June. Very much hope this isn't just a system glitch. Perhaps Disney was holding this back as a possibility for the MLS / MBA, but since those are now being housed elsewhere they can finally release it.

I don’t believe that was the case, not the DVC side. It would have been against the DVC and Florida timeshare laws. It was being held because demand wasn’t enough between Kidani and Jambo to make it worthwhile for them to open.

Either demand has risen or enough people have been complaining they decided to just open it and stop the dissension in the ranks.

floydbeatle

I don’t believe that was the case, not the DVC side. It would have been against the DVC and Florida timeshare laws. It was being held because demand wasn’t enough between Kidani and Jambo to make it worthwhile for them to open.

Either demand has risen or enough people have been complaining they decided to just open it and stop the dissension in the ranks.
I'm not sure demand is there, based on the availability I'm seeing in August. I don't own at AKL, but is it a big deal not to have JH open for reservation vice staying at Kidani? And enough of a big deal to cause members to complain? Regardless, good news.

nickys

Premium Member
I'm not sure demand is there, based on the availability I'm seeing in August. I don't own at AKL, but is it a big deal not to have JH open for reservation vice staying at Kidani? And enough of a big deal to cause members to complain? Regardless, good news.
Oh it was a big deal. People were moved without being told. And obviously people have their favourite, Jambo is the most “impressive”, Kidani has a more homely feel. It comes down to personal,preference, and people who booked Jambo for July and August were not happy at being moved without any consultation. Plus the rumours of NBA / MLS. It’s been discussed on many forums, with talks of legal action.

It all stems from different interpretations about how AKL is set up - is it one resort or two? People are deeded to a specific one, and they see that as their home resort, but actually have home resort advantage at either.

Regardless, it’s open and I suspect it’s because a large number of members emailed either Terri Schulz or Member Satisfaction.

scoobygirl39541

I was going to chime in here, however, now that Jambo is open, it might not matter as much, but I will end with a hypothetical question.

We have a 3BR grand villa at Jambo House October 4-9. With everything going on, we've obviously been sweating a little. Its really great to see they opened it back up, however, if they were to cancel our reservation due to NBA or whatever reason... How would they relocate a 3BR reservation? There isn't any 3BR availability anywhere until the end of the year.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
I was going to chime in here, however, now that Jambo is open, it might not matter as much, but I will end with a hypothetical question.

We have a 3BR grand villa at Jambo House October 4-9. With everything going on, we've obviously been sweating a little. Its really great to see they opened it back up, however, if they were to cancel our reservation due to NBA or whatever reason... How would they relocate a 3BR reservation? There aren't any 3BR availability anywhere until the end of the year.
If they were to do that, they would offer you what they could. which might be two 2-bed villas instead.

scoobygirl39541

If they were to do that, they would offer you what they could. which might be two 2-bed villas instead.

Wow that would be awful. There are 8 grown adults and a baby going. We need the 3 bedrooms. They'd have to give us at least 2 rooms in that case. I really hope it doesn't come to that.

Hcalvert

Wow that would be awful. There are 8 grown adults and a baby going. We need the 3 bedrooms. They'd have to give us at least 2 rooms in that case. I really hope it doesn't come to that.
Some two bedrooms accomodate 9 people (OKW and BWV comes directly to mind). I believe you can have 9th person in some two bedrooms that have a capacity for 8, especially since you have a baby going. This is what Disney says at the bottom of my DVC reservation: "Members confirming 9 Guests in a 2 Bedroom Villa at Disney’s Beach Club Villas, Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge -- 9th Guest can be accommodated, but please note that no additional bedding, linens or towels will be provided." So, there are other options as well.

nickys

Premium Member
I said they would give you two of the 2-bedroom villas.

That would be two masters with a king bed, plus two further bedroom with two queens in each. That’s a bedroom for each couple.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom