Jambo House unavailable for booking through the rest of 2020?

scoobygirl39541

I said they would give you two of the 2-bedroom villas.

That would be two masters with a king bed, plus two further bedroom with two queens in each. That’s a bedroom for each couple.

Oh sorry! I completely missed the two lol That sounds like a fair option given the circumstance, but I still hope it doesn't come to that. 🤞

BlackCauldron

It looks like the Jambo saga continues. Today's update from Disneytouristblog, after they booked a value room at Jambo:

"Members are now being advised that Jambo House will not be reopening, and their reservations will be moved to other resorts. Our understanding is that reopening reservations for Jambo House was intentional (meaning it wasn’t done in error), with the intention all along of relocating guests. "

That sounds like both an operational and DVC member satisfaction nightmare.

nickys

Premium Member
It looks like the Jambo saga continues. Today's update from Disneytouristblog, after they booked a value room at Jambo:

"Members are now being advised that Jambo House will not be reopening, and their reservations will be moved to other resorts. Our understanding is that reopening reservations for Jambo House was intentional (meaning it wasn’t done in error), with the intention all along of relocating guests. "

That sounds like both an operational and DVC member satisfaction nightmare.

So why don’t they provide any sources for that paragraph? Did they read a post on a Facebook page or what?

I’ll withhold judgement until I see some further disgruntled DVCers complain about it.

BlackCauldron

So why don’t they provide any sources for that paragraph? Did they read a post on a Facebook page or what?

I’ll withhold judgement until I see some further disgruntled DVCers complain about it.

Tom over at DTB is a generally good source of info, and doesn't typically post anything unless he has personally verified it.

That sad, it does seem strange that they would open up Jambo for immediate booking, only to then turn around in a few days and tell those people they are being moved. Disney has also not yet put out any official statement that Jambo is open.

Resorts open in 10 days, so someone with a DVC stay at Jambo certainly has had to have either confirmed or moved their reservation by now.

Frustrating all around, and Disney's general lack of information has been pretty dismal.

nickys

Premium Member
Tom over at DTB is a generally good source of info, and doesn't typically post anything unless he has personally verified it.

That sad, it does seem strange that they would open up Jambo for immediate booking, only to then turn around in a few days and tell those people they are being moved. Disney has also not yet put out any official statement that Jambo is open.

Resorts open in 10 days, so someone with a DVC stay at Jambo certainly has had to have either confirmed or moved their reservation by now.

Frustrating all around, and Disney's general lack of information has been pretty dismal.
Plenty of people have already been moved from Jambo to Kidani. And now they have even more people booked at Jambo.

At some point they will have no choice but to open Jambo. Question is when. But Tom just says “People have bepen told ....”. But it isn’t clear when and who. I know of people who rushed to book and have seen nothing posted about further developments.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Plenty of people have already been moved from Jambo to Kidani. And now they have even more people booked at Jambo.

At some point they will have no choice but to open Jambo. Question is when. But Tom just says “People have bepen told ....”. But it isn’t clear when and who. I know of people who rushed to book and have seen nothing posted about further developments.
The website certainly mentions nothing about being moved, and both studio and 1 bedroom standard and savannah view are still available at Jambo. There are no more studios available at Kidani, so not sure where they would move the Jambo House people.

nickys

Premium Member

OK, so I have just seen a report of a CASH guest who booked a DVC studio at Jambo in early July (pre parks opening) who was moved to Kidani.

But no one who booked a DVC room through the DVC system has yet reported being moved. I think they may be treading carefully with DVC members. 🤞

KYDVC

OK, so I have just seen a report of a CASH guest who booked a DVC studio at Jambo in early July (pre parks opening) who was moved to Kidani.

But no one who booked a DVC room through the DVC system has yet reported being moved. I think they may be treading carefully with DVC members. 🤞
Not that this can’t change, but I’m still in JH for 7/16 arrival.
When I called Wednesday and asked, the lady I spoke to put me on hold to verify with a supervisor that it was, in fact, open. Not saying it couldn’t have changed, but it seems it was reopened on purpose.

cmwade77

Not that this can’t change, but I’m still in JH for 7/16 arrival.
When I called Wednesday and asked, the lady I spoke to put me on hold to verify with a supervisor that it was, in fact, open. Not saying it couldn’t have changed, but it seems it was reopened on purpose.
If I had to hazard a guess, they found it there may be legal issues if they don't allow DVC members to stay on points there.

My guess is they are using cash rooms at JH to move people to from other resorts but have to allow DVC members using points.

KYDVC

If I had to hazard a guess, they found it there may be legal issues if they don't allow DVC members to stay on points there.

My guess is they are using cash rooms at JH to move people to from other resorts but have to allow DVC members using points.
You’re probably right. It’ll be kind of neat, yet weird, if only the dvc is open at JH. Especially since they are showing a ton of availability right now.

I have a feeling you may be right.

nickys

Premium Member
So now it’s confirmed. Jambo House will not be opening on June 22nd.

From the DVC website, AKL Jambo overview page:

As Disney Vacation Club Resorts at Walt Disney World prepare to reopen on June 22, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House will not be open during this initial period. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village will initially welcome home Members and Guests. Member Services will contact Members with confirmed reservations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House to transfer their existing reservations to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village. Over time, as the volume of reservations increase, inventory will be expanded to include Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House. Upon the reopening of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House, some amenities such as restaurants and merchandise locations will likely remain closed until the rest of the Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge opens. However, at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village, merchandise locations and restaurants will be available.

BlackCauldron

So now it’s confirmed. Jambo House will not be opening on June 22nd.

From the DVC website, AKL Jambo overview page:

As Disney Vacation Club Resorts at Walt Disney World prepare to reopen on June 22, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House will not be open during this initial period. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village will initially welcome home Members and Guests. Member Services will contact Members with confirmed reservations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House to transfer their existing reservations to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village. Over time, as the volume of reservations increase, inventory will be expanded to include Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House. Upon the reopening of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House, some amenities such as restaurants and merchandise locations will likely remain closed until the rest of the Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge opens. However, at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village, merchandise locations and restaurants will be available.

Is the "initial period" just the time when resorts are open but parks are not?

nickys

Premium Member
Is the "initial period" just the time when resorts are open but parks are not?
They’ve not really defined it.

But for now that’s what I am taking it to mean. Simply because there has been no announcement on what resorts may open come July 10th / 11th. I am assuming at least some will, and would expect at least some of the Deluxe resorts to be included.

Although with this and the NBA news, it almost certainly will not include AKL, GF or YC.

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
We still have our mid October DVC reservations at AKL Jambo House. They cancelled all our dining of course like everyone else :(, but the hotel reservation is still there.

I'm hoping October will not be part of this "initial period" timeframe.

nickys

Premium Member
We still have our mid October DVC reservations at AKL Jambo House. They cancelled all our dining of course like everyone else :(, but the hotel reservation is still there.

I'm hoping October will not be part of this "initial period" timeframe.
By mid October DVC is pretty much at normal Fall Frenzy levels now, there is very patchy availability. Unless a lot of people cancel I think by mid September demand will be up sufficiently that Jambo villas will re-open. Whether the rest of the resort will though 🤷‍♀️.

BlackCauldron

By mid October DVC is pretty much at normal Fall Frenzy levels now, there is very patchy availability. Unless a lot of people cancel I think by mid September demand will be up sufficiently that Jambo villas will re-open. Whether the rest of the resort will though 🤷‍♀️.

So after bouncing between the open and closed lists, it looks like Jambo has not firmly landed on "closed" - even though it is still available for DVC booking. And it looks like it has filled up fast. As you said, DVC seems to be at the usual fall frenzy level. Is the expectation that Jambo DVC bookings are still being moved to Kidani? It looks like Kidani is starting to book up as well. Of course, I can't get a clear answer from Disney on where they will put me yet.

nickys

Premium Member
So after bouncing between the open and closed lists, it looks like Jambo has not firmly landed on "closed" - even though it is still available for DVC booking. And it looks like it has filled up fast. As you said, DVC seems to be at the usual fall frenzy level. Is the expectation that Jambo DVC bookings are still being moved to Kidani? It looks like Kidani is starting to book up as well. Of course, I can't get a clear answer from Disney on where they will put me yet.
The DVC was announced as re-opening on July 10th in their list of opening resorts thru to October. But then removed from the list on the WDW page. That could have been because it was confusing people into thinking the resort was opening. Or it was yet another mistake. 🤷‍♀️😁

Nottamus

The DVC was announced as re-opening on July 10th in their list of opening resorts thru to October. But then removed from the list on the WDW page. That could have been because it was confusing people into thinking the resort was opening. Or it was yet another mistake

Yeah, the whole thing has us confused a bit as well. We have an April 2021 trip booked DVC Jambo, and wonder (if its Ok to go) where we'll end up!

BlackCauldron

The DVC was announced as re-opening on July 10th in their list of opening resorts thru to October. But then removed from the list on the WDW page. That could have been because it was confusing people into thinking the resort was opening. Or it was yet another mistake. 🤷‍♀️😁

I suppose I will need to wait until July 10 to see if Jambo actually opens. Folks at guest services wouldn't even confirm that information for me. Interesting to see how that will work, since the information on the website states that "food and merchandise" will open when the hotel does. With the hotel still closed, sounds like anyone at Jambo has to hoof over to Kidani for everything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom